PDA

View Full Version : brake recommendations

ricecube87
10-16-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm looking to replace the whole set-up; rotors, calipers, pads, lining, etc. I've been reading over some threads on here but I haven't found too much in the way of good brake kit/parts recommendations. I've been doing autocross and my OE brakes are completely shot.

I'm looking for top of the line performance, so what kit/a la carte parts would you recommend getting and where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks!

Zzyzx
10-18-2010, 08:39 AM
01. OEM or cheaper blank, thats not drilled or slotted, rotors. autozone rotors work well.
02. Keep the OEM calipers, if they need a rebuild then have them rebuilt.
03. Remove the dusts shields on the front end.
04. OEM pads will work fine for autocross work as you never really get the brakes all that hot in those 60 or so seconds. Else any of the high performance street pads will work equally well. If you are taking the car out on track then buy track specific pads and swap them out when you do.
05. Brake fluid... I tend to recommend ATE super blue/Type 200 for street cars. its got a respectable boiling point and doesn't absorb water as fast as some of the other high end brake fluids so you don't have to replace it as often. Also its priced to not break the bank.
06. Braided brake lines if your class allows it.