PDA

View Full Version : Ugh Front camber help plz!

MajorJones
10-16-2010, 06:24 PM
So today i have spend about 5 whole fucking hour putting in my ingall front camber bolts. Why 5 hours for a 15min install because nothing changed. i read the instructions for a negative camber installed them that way, then i tried the positive camber way but still no change. i have looked on ephatch and other places for a negative camber install but I'm still lost. Some forums say i need to take it to a service shop to adjust and align the car for a "noticeable difference."

Please if you installed and adjusted your front camber to a negative setting help me!

this is the kit i bought. i got to of them equaling 4 bolts, 2 for each side
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_17&products_id=277

civsirmt
10-16-2010, 08:30 PM
how many sets did u buy? one doesnt really make a difference.

siege911
10-16-2010, 09:37 PM
^^It said he got 2 sets, so 4 bolts total.

I used the OEM camber bolts, and with 2 on each side I got -1.0 deg. camber both L and R. You really have to shove the wheel and torque at the same time (requires 2 people in most cases) in order for it to hold. Did you take it to a shop to check the alignment, or were you just guessing by look?

MajorJones
10-17-2010, 08:43 AM
i was just going just by a guessing cause the instructions didn't tell me how to adjust it. It just told me the bolt arrow pointed in was negative camber for the top bolt and reveres for the bottom one. Do i need to take it to a shop for alignment an adjustment?

PartyPooper
10-17-2010, 09:35 AM
do you have any thing done to the supension? coilovers...strut bars?
and how long have you driven with the new kit?

you should be able to notice the camber by eye.
and always do an aligment after messing with suspension... if you are going to mess with the suspension alot over the months... take to a place that offers 6 months or more warranty on alignment...

MajorJones
10-17-2010, 09:43 AM
do you have any thing done to the supension? coilovers...strut bars?
and how long have you driven with the new kit?

you should be able to notice the camber by eye.
and always do an aligment after messing with suspension... if you are going to mess with the suspension alot over the months... take to a place that offers 6 months or more warranty on alignment...

Ya i have tokico blues and h&r springs. The new front camber has been on for a day now but still no noticeable diffence

27rocks
10-17-2010, 11:19 AM
lol.. take it to a shop and get it aligned. Anytime you touch the front suspension on our cars you MUST take it and get it aligned. 1 degree of camber is not that noticeable to the naked eye especially when you started with 0. Just go get it aligned properly and you will see the difference.

EP3Casas
01-10-2011, 12:04 AM
ive never messed with camber bolts. always had camber plates. where the eff do these things go?

02TWSI
01-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Do you NEED two bolts per side?

makavelibranded
01-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Do you NEED two bolts per side?

No I rock one on each and can get a max of neg 2

udontknowjack
01-10-2011, 07:52 AM
With eibach spring/d spec tokico I was able to get -2.2 max with just one camber bolt last season. This winter I added spherical bushing front LCA n buddy club ball joint it got -1.9...

U don't want to get 2 per side cuz it'll slip more easy according to dude from other forum... If u want more than -2 man up get the hotkchris camber plates which are on sale now at clubep3 or really step up get buddy club rsd coilover