PDA

View Full Version : Speedstar's Aurora finish flaws (photo proof)

lbk02si
10-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Well since my last thread got closed before I got a chance to post these pictures as proof of the flaws i'm posting a new thread. SO here you go wayne and fellow ephatchers. BTW, the guy from s2kcarbonworks who also does this finish stopped by Jotech and looked at my valve cover and also said this was blemish and NOT any sort of damage that could have been caused by Tony or anyone else at Jotech. I've also gotten message from other unhappy customers that have had wayne do this Aurora finish and it turn out bad. So be warned guys. I will let everyone know how my new valve cover comes out from s2kcarbonworks and post pics.

I've circled the flaws in red so its easier to see.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/ryan77724/photo-3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/ryan77724/photo-1-1.jpg

lbk02si
10-17-2010, 06:33 PM
como se dice bump?

Tnhatch03
10-17-2010, 06:34 PM
sure it is not just your camera?

LOL... totally kidding!!

lbk02si
10-17-2010, 06:45 PM
sure it is not just your camera?

LOL... totally kidding!!

damn photoshop!!! lol

EP3Casas
10-17-2010, 07:09 PM
those are some ugly marks. good thing im not a whore for pretty parts

lbk02si
10-17-2010, 07:23 PM
those are some ugly marks. good thing im not a whore for pretty parts

yea tell me about it! not at all what i was expecting for a $400 dollar valve cover finish job!

RHCP0801
10-17-2010, 07:25 PM
i would be pissed also, i had a problem with there fitment of the raceheader they sell....he told me just to use longer bolts and to smash the donut gasket, had to take it to meineke and get the header flared out a bit so everything could fit. Wayne said he would send me some free shit for the hassle, never did

wont buy from speedstar ever again

Silvercard
10-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Compa, yo creio que se dice tambien bump hahaahaha

lbk02si
10-17-2010, 07:27 PM
i would be pissed also, i had a problem with there fitment of the raceheader they sell....he told me just to use longer bolts and to smash the donut gasket, had to take it to meineke and get the header flared out a bit so everything could fit. Wayne said he would send me some free shit for the hassle, never did

wont buy from speedstar ever again

hmmm, sounds like a trend to me....

sorry you ended up in the same boat as me.

EP3Casas
10-17-2010, 07:28 PM
yea tell me about it! not at all what i was expecting for a $400 dollar valve cover finish job!

yeah the $400 price tag made my heart skip a beat. sorry for your luck man. Ive never dealt with wayne but this is a definate deterent.

RHCP0801
10-17-2010, 07:30 PM
yea and i spent $700 on the raceheader and waited like 2 months for it and HE supplied all the hardware yet told me to use extremely long bolts that didnt make any sense....i have friends who had problems too, thats a risk you take when buy expensive shit from people who just want money and dont care about the customer satisfaction

EDU
10-17-2010, 07:32 PM
pic is worth 1000 words

talonXracer
10-17-2010, 08:08 PM
yea and i spent $700 on the raceheader and waited like 2 months for it

Wow, for just a tad bit more you could have had a real SSR header.....

RHCP0801
10-17-2010, 08:34 PM
yea i know....the gains are very good especially now with the k24a2

ShadowEP3
10-18-2010, 01:51 PM

se dice bumpea :gheyf:

is this VC getting recoated at the new place or are you using a different one?

EDU
10-18-2010, 06:45 PM
no comment from Speedstar?
NOT looking good...

EP3tuner410
10-18-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm sorry you got jerked around bro!

I've dealt with some bs from SSR but have had some good experiences as well.

To be honest it almost seems like whatever mood the company is in determines what kind of service you get!

On the other hand I have to say SSR sells some stuff that no many companies offer and at the same time they make an effort to get us parts made that no one else makes.

I would look at it this way...if Wayne is willing to help correct the problem then really what else can you ask for...if he doesn't want to then don't waste your time or money with SSR anymore!

j0000stin
10-18-2010, 11:16 PM
that sucks....hella nice paint job though haha.....besides the blemishes

codyep3
10-19-2010, 12:14 AM
make another thread, just to be closed again lol.

lbk02si
10-19-2010, 05:14 AM

Hijole guey!

Hes already made his reply in the thread that was closed, I think this needs to be carried out in private and that its gone on long enough in public.

Obviously you didn't read my closed thread then, bc you would have known that I tried to deal with this privately but that piece of crap Wayne has no ethics in the way he runs his business and didn't want to make ANY effort to resolve this!

I'm sorry you got jerked around bro!

I've dealt with some bs from SSR but have had some good experiences as well.

To be honest it almost seems like whatever mood the company is in determines what kind of service you get!

On the other hand I have to say SSR sells some stuff that no many companies offer and at the same time they make an effort to get us parts made that no one else makes.

I would look at it this way...if Wayne is willing to help correct the problem then really what else can you ask for...if he doesn't want to then don't waste your time or money with SSR anymore!

Don't fall into that mind set and don't believe what Wayne wants you to believe. SSR isn't shit, I've already found other places, reputable businesses, that offer what he does or can make the same things he offers. We as a community need to stand together on things like this and not allow businesses like him to get away with this stuff. I won't name any names but I'll tell you this, ive received multiple pm's from people who've gotten screwed over from Wayne, but do not want to post up on the public threads for fear of backlash from others.

make another thread, just to be closed again lol.

Lol, then I'll just re-open another thread!

se dice bumpea :gheyf:

is this VC getting recoated at the new place or are you using a different one?

We are starting with a new k series valve cover bc it will bc quicker for them instead of trying to strip/refinish this one.

username011
10-19-2010, 10:01 AM
FYI..you should reply to people using a group quote so you don't have to make multiple posts..just saying.. it makes it easier on the eyes and makes you look good.

Also my thoughts on this..you got another VC lined up.. Wayne has made his reply and everybody is aware of the situation I hate to say this but you're out the $400 and there is nothing that can be done. At least you didnt get scammed out of $4,000 on a peak boost system like the hundreds of people that did.

But than again..PeakBoost booked it and is hiding from everybody.. Wayne is still here,that must mean something.I just dont think Wayne is responsible for this, but either way this thread and the previous thread hurt his reputation so isnt that what you wanted? I think its time to move on.

Passenger
10-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Why would this thread be closed? its about the same thing but it was closed before OP could post pictures.

lbk02si
10-19-2010, 12:10 PM
FYI..you should reply to people using a group quote so you don't have to make multiple posts..just saying.. it makes it easier on the eyes and makes you look good.

Also my thoughts on this..you got another VC lined up.. Wayne has made his reply and everybody is aware of the situation I hate to say this but you're out the $400 and there is nothing that can be done. At least you didnt get scammed out of $4,000 on a peak boost system like the hundreds of people that did.

But than again..PeakBoost booked it and is hiding from everybody.. Wayne is still here,that must mean something.I just dont think Wayne is responsible for this, but either way this thread and the previous thread hurt his reputation so isnt that what you wanted? I think its time to move on.

Nothing can be done huh?! Lol we'll see about that bc the ball is already rolling on that one.

Im not a vengeful person, I just want to prevent another ephatch'er from getting screwed like me. And just bc I have another vc lined up doesn't make it anymore right that he screwed me to the tune of $400, or that I had to go through the trouble of sourcing another vc and a person to do the finish.

ShadowEP3
10-19-2010, 07:22 PM
i personally would never pay that much for a VC..but if you paid $400..you expect a $400 VC with no defects/blemishes/ect.

i would do the same thing as OP..post a pix of the VC in question for anyone to refer to before they choose to purchase the VC that way they can decide

this thread isnt an attack..its just a reference for everyone else to see

Distance
10-19-2010, 09:09 PM
from the last thread didn't you mention that the blemish was only able to be seen at certain angles and lighting? just wondering thats all. cause judging from the picture it seems like you would be able to notice that right away from pulling it out from its shipping package.

sleepy ep3
10-19-2010, 09:54 PM
J's Racing sells a painted valve cover for around $400. I bet that bitch is beautiful. Sucks when you don't get what you pay for. Maybe they painted yours with a spray can? :mrolleyes:

codyep3
10-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Wayne has tried helping you, you are just very ignorant. lol

K-Series
10-20-2010, 06:10 AM
There's no need for name calling.... You need better pics of the damage. With the blur, it's hard to see if it's a base coat failure or a top coat scratch/blemish.

Steve

lbk02si
10-20-2010, 11:52 AM
from the last thread didn't you mention that the blemish was only able to be seen at certain angles and lighting? just wondering thats all. cause judging from the picture it seems like you would be able to notice that right away from pulling it out from its shipping package.

Sort of what I said, but not exactly. Tony at Jotech did not see it initially when he took it out of the packaging, not until he put it out in the showroom under the lights. But he told me that he did look over ever square inch of it when he received it, had he have done a closer inspection he said he'd would have caught it earlier.

lbk02si
10-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Wayne has tried helping you, you are just very ignorant. lol

I'm ignorant huh?! You're the ignorant one who apparently cant read either. Just how in the hell has he tried helping me? I even offered to buy another vc from him if he'd discount it, but he declined to even do that. He never offered me Jack crap man, other than saying I should try waxing it (lol) !!!! So get your facts straight before coming at me like and telling me I'm ignorant!

lbk02si
10-20-2010, 12:02 PM
There's no need for name calling.... You need better pics of the damage. With the blur, it's hard to see if it's a base coat failure or a top coat scratch/blemish.

Steve

Agreed, but the shop doesn't have any high resolution camera, and with the coating being like it is (shiny, reflective etc) they had problems taking pics without the flash blowing out the area.

2k3hatchie
10-20-2010, 12:25 PM
You should get it out in the day light and take some better pictures. Personally If I were Wayne and those pictures were the only evidence to support the claim I'd probably make the same decision he did.

Sorry to hear about your story though. Every dealing I've had with Wayne has gone very well, and he's been great for over the phone support.

POOPTOOTH
10-20-2010, 03:55 PM
I really don't know what you hope to solve from this thread.

I'm sorry that things aren't exactly going in your favor, I truly am. However as it was discussed in the previous thread if you/Kenny received the valve cover right away and noticed a blemish, the day it was received, I'm sure Wayne would have handled this already. But the fact that there was a 1+ month 'gray area' of it being in the shop, handled by god knows who, subjected to what kind of chemicals, would leave me a bit skeptical too.

Even if what you say is true, and it very well may be, you have to admit you are not helping your cause given the circumstances at play here. There are just too many variables. For gods sake man its a $400 VALVE COVER, I would have been waiting for the UPS man to show up to my door so I could put it on my coffee table and beat off on it...twice. Not having it sent to some shop only to have it be out of sight for a month.

I'm sorry again man and I'm not trying to be a dick, but I think its time to move on.

Hasbro
10-20-2010, 04:27 PM
+1^^^

username011
10-20-2010, 06:06 PM
it's still a baller VC.. you should post it up in the classifieds Im sure somebody would jump on it STILL even with the blemishes.

lbk02si
10-20-2010, 06:08 PM
I really don't know what you hope to solve from this thread.

I'm sorry that things aren't exactly going in your favor, I truly am. However as it was discussed in the previous thread if you/Kenny received the valve cover right away and noticed a blemish, the day it was received, I'm sure Wayne would have handled this already. But the fact that there was a 1+ month 'gray area' of it being in the shop, handled by god knows who, subjected to what kind of chemicals, would leave me a bit skeptical too.

Even if what you say is true, and it very well may be, you have to admit you are not helping your cause given the circumstances at play here. There are just too many variables. For gods sake man its a $400 VALVE COVER, I would have been waiting for the UPS man to show up to my door so I could put it on my coffee table and beat off on it...twice. Not having it sent to some shop only to have it be out of sight for a month.

I'm sorry again man and I'm not trying to be a dick, but I think its time to move on.

You hit the nail right on the head, "IT'S A $400 VALVE COVER"!!!!! as previously mentioned, do u think if you bought the J's racing $400 vc that there would be any flaws on it?? Exactly! No there wouldnt! Bc they did not build their reputation and company by making inferior products!

And you also have to consider my situation, as I previously stated, I work out of state 90% of the year. If I could have just shipped it to myself and installed it myself then I would have. BUT, I'm in North Dakota and my car is being built in Dallas, Tx. Not practical to do that.

Btw, the valve cover was not handled other than unpacking it. It was put under glass in a showcase bc Wayne wanted Jotech to offer his aurora finishing line in their shop. Now, do you mean to tell me that you think his products are THAT fragile, and it's ok that he doesn't pit a disclaimer on his site about them??? Bullshit!!

As previously stated, my goal is to warn other members about Wayne and his poor business practices and products, so hopefully nobody else gets screwed over.

Obviously he's paid to be a sponsor on here, and the mods have favoritism towards him bc of that. Which if that's the case this site should re-state it's purpose as one that's out there for the benefit of the sponsor and NOT the end user or member.

It is what it is boss, if you wanna pay Wayne $400 to get your vc finished with his inferior service, then go ahead, it's your money, but dint say I didn't try to warn you.

And btw, Im not trying to be a dick either, and I appreciate your honesty.

lbk02si
10-20-2010, 06:36 PM
it's still a baller VC.. you should post it up in the classifieds Im sure somebody would jump on it STILL even with the blemishes.

i don't consider it a "baller VC" what so ever. let me use MoonSi as an example, he has one of the most unique ep's on this site and anywhere around, do you think he got his car to where it is by accepting second best??? no way! he has probably the nicest ep's around (IMO) bc he didn't settle for anything second best, he has had a vision of where he wants his car to be, and has kept to that vision. I loved how he defended his choice of pink valve cover (which i didn't like at all) but after reading why he chose that color and didn't care what anyone else thought, i was on his side!

i'm in this bc i'm a car guy. and i want everyone to be able to do what they wanna do with their own car, WITHOUT having to worry about janky ass guys like wayne being around. and if that means that people call me vindictive bc i tell everyone that will listen when someone screws me over or gives me an inferior product then call me vindictive. I'm not scared of wayne, any other vendor, the mods or anyone else's opinions of me for that matter, i'm going to keep doing what i do, that which makes me happy despite what they do or say. and if my efforts to promote our culture and hobby fail, well hell at least nobody can say that i didn't try.

lbk02si
10-20-2010, 06:39 PM
You should get it out in the day light and take some better pictures. Personally If I were Wayne and those pictures were the only evidence to support the claim I'd probably make the same decision he did.

Sorry to hear about your story though. Every dealing I've had with Wayne has gone very well, and he's been great for over the phone support.

btw.... what has wayne produced to back up his claims???

i may not have HDR pics, but i do have proof. plus i'm not the first person who has had problems with his Aurora finish.

Do the right thing, do a good job the first time and you won't have to deal with problems like this.

EP3tuner410
10-20-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire bro but has Wayne offered anything to make this right?

I think in your first post all he said or a member said was something about you accepting the package therefore it makes you liable and he is free and clear.

Which is total BS as far as I'm concerned!

Maybe I'm wrong for saying this or maybe I'm right but if i was Wayne and i didn't want this to continue to escalate i would be sending you whatever it took to make you happy. (OF COURSE WITHIN REASON)

I sure as the hell wouldn't be sitting around doing nothing while my name and company got drug up and down the forum!!!!!!

Anyway I wish you all the luck in your future mods.

I've dealt with Show Stoppers on here a lot and they have better prices, free shipping, and a great way of dealing with EpHatch Members!

lbk02si
10-20-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire bro but has Wayne offered anything to make this right?

I think in your first post all he said or a member said was something about you accepting the package therefore it makes you liable and he is free and clear.

Which is total BS as far as I'm concerned!

Maybe I'm wrong for saying this or maybe I'm right but if i was Wayne and i didn't want this to continue to escalate i would be sending you whatever it took to make you happy. (OF COURSE WITHIN REASON)

I sure as the hell wouldn't be sitting around doing nothing while my name and company got drug up and down the forum!!!!!!

Anyway I wish you all the luck in your future mods.

I've dealt with Show Stoppers on here a lot and they have better prices, free shipping, and a great way of dealing with EpHatch Members!

Wayne has offered ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to me, except for some sorry two bit advice saying "maybe you could wax it"! I was straight up honest with him with my situation, hoping to deal with the situation even admitting some time had passed since it arrived at Jotech. This whole situation in my opinion is ridiculous, there is no reason why this had to end up like it has. Like i said, i was even will to give him another shot at another vc for at least a discounted price and he wouldn't go for that, his attitude and actions pretty much said to be "haha, your stuck with it" imo.

all i can say is that if i was running a business and somebody called me back with a similar situation, i would do everything in my power to take care of a customer. wayne has made ZERO attempt with me, and i have made attempts with him (even though he sent me a damaged product). he claims it was perfect when he shipped it, but has no evidence to back up his claims. I have evidence, he has none.

like i keep saying, out of respect to the guys who've pm'd me i won't bring up names or specific incidents, but there are plenty of other people who've been screwed over by wayne. and wayne knows exactly what i'm talking about most likely.

anyways, yea i've dealt with showstoppers too and i've had nothing but GREAT experiences with them too! :)

usedep3
10-20-2010, 07:52 PM
:horse:

EP3tuner410
10-20-2010, 08:10 PM
I don't understand why Wayne won't just exchanged your flawed VC for another one, ''

That's a win win for both of you guys

Passenger
10-20-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't understand why Wayne won't just exchanged your flawed VC for another one, ''

good idea

lbk02si
10-20-2010, 08:39 PM

sounds like a good idea to me, he could even use mine for display or something.

lbk02si
10-20-2010, 08:39 PM
:horse:

says the guy not out $400 for a valve cover! lol

EP3tuner410
10-21-2010, 03:22 AM
Exactly!!!

I don't think you are doing that bro.

I think you are making your points and when people comment defending your statements or agreeing with them.

After all it is a thread and should be discussed.

The way i look at it is if you don't like it then don't read it!

shanewdude
10-21-2010, 03:47 AM
I'm closing this for a couple of reasons:

1. You keep calling people names. Personal attacks will not get you anywhere. You could have made your point without the name calling, and maybe you would get more sympathy.

2. In your last thread, you threatened to get a lawyer. Wayne said he was fine with that. In other words, this will not get a resolution to the matter. It's a stalemate... no body is going to give, and you've both said that. So now it's time to get your legal representation and take your fight elsewhere.

3. The reality is this: YOU did not receive the valve cover. YOU don't have anything more than someone's word that it was in good shape when they got it. Someone took a picture of it, that you posted, saying it's "beautiful". They put it on display in a glass case. All this, and they didn't notice a blemish? They are the ones you should be asking questions of. Did you notice that the blemish is on a high-spot? Isn't there a hose that runs over that part? Maybe they installed it on another car to see how it looks. Maybe not... maybe it was like that when it was shipped to them.

My point is, it's your word against his, and there is no way to prove who did what, or who is responsible. This thread is NOT helping add to our community. It is an unfortunate argument between you and the vendor you bought it from... there is no need for this here.

I'm sorry you think I'm taking a vendor's side in this. I'm not... it's just that there is no way that posting up your thread is going to help solve the problem you have. You've made your point (that you don't like the vendor and think nobody should buy from them), and you've shown us pics, and people have given an opinion. Turning this thread into "let's see how many people I can get to bad-mouth the vendor" is not going to happen. Please don't start any more threads on this topic. I hope your legal action gets you some resolution to this matter.