PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Political Forum

Lucid Moments
10-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Is it possible to hide the political forum so that we don't even see it unless we sign into it? Like we used to do with the adult forum?

I don't choose to participate in the political forum. I wish it didn't even exist. I come on here to talk about and read about cars, not politics. It would be easy to say just ignore it, but some people make even the thread titles intentionally offensive.

Tnhatch03
10-17-2010, 02:12 PM
not sure about hiding it. however, if the title is offensive, i am sure we can change the title.

i do not even pay attention to it.

shanewdude
10-18-2010, 03:31 AM
We could just ban you whenever we see you reading something in the political section, if that would help. :meek::mredface::mangel:

Lucid Moments
10-18-2010, 04:14 AM
not sure about hiding it. however, if the title is offensive, i am sure we can change the title.

i do not even pay attention to it.

The problem with changing individual thread titles is who is going to be responsible for monitoring them? I'm not, I would rather do away with the forum entirely, but I realize that I am probably a minority. But I know we can hide the entire forum for those people that have not specifically signed into it. We have done that before with the adults only forum so why not do it again with the political forum and then people post whatever they want to?

We could just ban you whenever we see you reading something in the political section, if that would help. :meek::mredface::mangel:

I tell you what, if the powers that be hide the political forum like I am proposing then if I ever sign into it then ban away.

until240
10-18-2010, 05:13 AM
interesting idea. however, i never scroll down far enough to see the political sub-forum. in fact, the 'something different' subsection does not appeal to me. if i want pc help, i'll go to a pc forum. if i want a health and fitness help, i'll go to a health and fitness forum. and so on and so forth.

keep your attention to the ep3 related discussions, and no problems.

Draw7Seven
10-18-2010, 05:22 AM
interesting idea. however, i never scroll down far enough to see the political sub-forum. in fact, the 'something different' subsection does not appeal to me. if i want pc help, i'll go to a pc forum. if i want a health and fitness help, i'll go to a health and fitness forum. and so on and so forth.

keep your attention to the ep3 related discussions, and no problems.

If Mike browses ephatch the way I do, he just clicks "unread" or "new posts," rather than individually visiting each subforum. At this point, political section posts appear amongst all ep3 related forums in these views, which is a bit frustrating. I agree with Mike, it would seem that you could simply ignore it except that the only thing more fun than slinging mud at "X" politician seems to be naming the thread something that will get it a lot of views.

talonXracer
10-18-2010, 07:15 AM
If the section was hidden before I suppose it could be again, I dont know anything about that procedure.

ShadowEP3
10-18-2010, 11:42 AM
^they dont like your opinions :tehe:

SinisterCivicSi
10-18-2010, 12:16 PM
i will have to see what we can do as far as the settings. as for offensive titles, if there is one then please contact a staff member so we can change it.

SinisterCivicSi
10-18-2010, 12:19 PM
try it now and see.... since i am an admin i can see everything no matter what the settings are so i cant tell.

Lucid Moments
10-18-2010, 03:06 PM
If Mike browses ephatch the way I do, he just clicks "unread" or "new posts," rather than individually visiting each subforum. At this point, political section posts appear amongst all ep3 related forums in these views, which is a bit frustrating. I agree with Mike, it would seem that you could simply ignore it except that the only thing more fun than slinging mud at "X" politician seems to be naming the thread something that will get it a lot of views.

Yep, that is exactly the problem. I almost never go into a specific forum. I just hit the "New Posts" button and scroll through.

Lucid Moments
10-18-2010, 03:07 PM
try it now and see.... since i am an admin i can see everything no matter what the settings are so i cant tell.

Just tried it and I am still seeing posts from the political forum.

Lucid Moments
05-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Bump.

oneglory
05-08-2011, 05:18 PM
it might be less than ideal, but you can make this a bookmark:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post&exclude=157

that should work and hide the forum from the "get new posts" function.

Lucid Moments
05-08-2011, 06:19 PM
it might be less than ideal, but you can make this a bookmark:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post&exclude=157

that should work and hide the forum from the "get new posts" function.

Hmm. thats interesting and should work. Thank you.

I still like my original idea best. I don't understand why it seems to be difficult, its been done before.