PDA

View Full Version : Rear Knuckle Removal...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninja-Hatch
10-18-2010, 10:25 AM
My car was recently hit and it broke the driver rear knuckle. I've got the new knuckle but can't get the old knuckle off! My trouble is the effin' toe bolt won't come out. I've searched for hours looking for writeups that involved adjusting toe or swapping knuckles. Yet NONE of them even mentioned the two bolts holding on the knuckle to the control arm. Is there a procedure I don't know about? I can't even get the bolt to turn, like its seized up inside the knuckle or something. PLEASE HELP! Pictures with exlanations or links to sites that have discussed and fixed this problem would be great too. Thanks!

27rocks
10-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Use some PB blaster and let it sit for a little while. Then just use some big wrenches.. try to get some good leverage on them or use a breaker bar, pipes or anything you can to increase torque on the bolts. Good luck.

MBaG
10-18-2010, 10:59 AM
isn't it a big 21mm nut and the other end is 19mm screw? just pb blaster or wd40 that SOB, and then put some muscle. i used my lug nut key as a breaker bar, since i didnt have anything else that would fit under there.

Ninja-Hatch
10-18-2010, 11:08 AM
The tighten nut was a 17mm I think, the toe adjustment "nut" was a 24mm. and the head on the toe bolt is a 14mm. I'm just paranoid to put to much muscle on it because I have the kind of luck that will cause the bolt to snap then I'm truly effed. I've just never dealt with stock setup for rear toe before so I was sure if I was missing some kind of procedure to unlock/loosen the bolt.