PDA

View Full Version : REQ: Info on JDM bumpers

George Knighton
12-13-2002, 04:13 PM
It looks like all the spoilers I've been looking at are designed for the JDM/UKDM bumpers, not the USDM five mph bumpers.

This leads me to a stupid question.

I know the JDM bumper covers fit the USDM cars, because everyone is selling them.

How does this work, though? Who's actually done it?

Do you just take off the USDM bumper covers, remove the foam, and the JDM bumper covers bolt right up?

Do you have to replace the headlights or anything else?

Mr.02BlackSIguY
12-15-2002, 08:39 PM
ive been wondering about this also. but from what ive heard is that u remove the foam and u have to get the jdm/uk metal frame as well or modify the US one to make the front fit. hope this helps

dannysi
12-16-2002, 05:34 PM
WTF, it costs around $2500 for the JDM kit(Front and Rear Bumper, Side Skirts), and i find out that I will have to either buy the metal bumper support, or modify the one on my car now. It would be cheaper to either buy the D3 kit or just get a CTR imported for $25000.

CleanBlackSi02
12-17-2002, 03:55 PM
From what I have heard...the rear bumper fits without modification, and the front will require the removal or modification of the bumper or bumper supports.

In the future...do a SEARCH. This has been talked about in many threads already.

George Knighton
12-18-2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
From what I have heard...the rear bumper fits without modification, and the front will require the removal or modification of the bumper or bumper supports.

In the future...do a SEARCH. This has been talked about in many threads already.

The threads that come up in search are informative and helpful.

However, they don't mention the headlights, and from what I can see in the CTR pictures, the headlights seem to have a different curve.

Must you replace the headlights if you're replacing the front bumper?

CleanBlackSi02
12-18-2002, 09:42 AM
The CTR headlights are the same except for the darker coloring.

Type X
12-18-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by George Knighton

The threads that come up in search are informative and helpful.

However, they don't mention the headlights, and from what I can see in the CTR pictures, the headlights seem to have a different curve.

Must you replace the headlights if you're replacing the front bumper?

JDM CTR WING = requires modification
JDM front bumper = must remove the "protection" under the bumper or "fabricate that in some way
JDM CTR lights = direct fit on either USDM or JDM bumpers
JDM side skirts = in japan CTR side skirts SNAP on the car
which means JDM CAR has HOLES to snap in. .
the USDM DOES NOT, which means double side or a "bracket" of some way . . which i am working on :)
JDM REAR BUMPER = direct fit .. . if u get that far . . have a Beer

anything else?

Type X
12-18-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by dannysi
WTF, it costs around $2500 for the JDM kit(Front and Rear Bumper, Side Skirts),

about 300 more than i am paying for my complete kit. . . not counting repaint of the parts to Taffeta White

HK_EP3
12-18-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Type X

about 300 more than i am paying for my complete kit. . . not counting repaint of the parts to Taffeta White
hey man, do u have it installed??? LET US SEE SUM PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IceD out N CALI
12-18-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Type X

much props to you, cant wait to see it when its all done:)

Type X
12-19-2002, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Si_Dra6NStyL

hey man, do u have it installed??? LET US SEE SUM PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not yet

all i have here is the skirts
with the company i bought the kit from i have it set up where i am paying littl eby little for the rest of the kit so they can ship it all at once so i dont pay another 500+ for shipping :(

here is it side skirt test fit

http://a7.cpimg.com/image/91/46/14437777-590d-028001E0-.jpg

Suk02Si
12-19-2002, 05:52 PM
that's gonna look nice man, keep us updated

MINIVANKILLER
12-19-2002, 07:47 PM
Everyone wants to be a type r, however no one wants to buy the engine. I am going to drive my car to death until the warranty goes out, and then here comes mr engine. By that time maybe I can find one in a junkyard, or for about $5500.00 at JDM. Mr turbo will be right behind that. The guys at turbo specialties will enjoy that project. Estimated time about 6 months...

That is if I do not go and by the new Z car.

Jpax
12-19-2002, 07:50 PM
the skirt looks like a good fit.

Type X
12-19-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by MINIVANKILLER
Everyone wants to be a type r, however no one wants to buy the engine.

if i wanted a ctr motor i could have had one already. . but as much as i would like to pay 17grand cash for my car and than drop a motor before my first oil change i will pass

once the kit is on
one the springs are on
and my rims are on

i am finished, i will have the car how i want it
and i am throwing in the towel on the import scene

time to focus on buying a house :):D

MINIVANKILLER
12-20-2002, 05:11 PM
Well, I have the house already. I am about to buy a 2003 Accord 6 speed for the wife. I am also about to do something major to the minivan (si). I like the buddy club kit, or the mugen kit. I want the mugen kit and I will be able to get it in a couple of months. The warranty will be out by then and here comes the motor, or maybe another vehicle. Depends on how business goes.

If anybody needs any help, assistance, or products with/for their EP please contact Kenny (me) at Auto Visual Creations (AVC), Montgomery, AL. 334-215-3515......1-800 coming soon.. website up and running autovisualcreations.com