PDA

View Full Version : Strut Bar Help

02ep3SLAUGHTER
10-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Hey Guys, Im getting my corspot rear strut bar in tomorrow and before i put it on i wanted your input.
I was gona do it without jacking it up since i dont think it matters..But for those who have ever taken off there suspension, do you torque your strut towers down? If so is 43 ft/pound?

thanks

urthworm
10-20-2010, 07:51 PM
i dont know about the torque because i just tighten them.. but on my car the corsport bar needed either washers of dremal grinding to makeit site flush.

02ep3SLAUGHTER
10-21-2010, 03:55 AM
Oh really.. wouldnt when you tighten it down it would make it flush with the car though?
ha i was hoping it would be an easty install

urthworm
10-21-2010, 06:31 AM
On mine there is some metal that was layered right next to it, kind of hard to explain but you will understand once you see it. But since some eps seem to be alil different you might not have it in the way. I tried just tighting the shit out of it but i started bending the mounting bracket on the bar. Good news is that it not much and if you have a dremal tool you can grind it off.. and if you dont have one its worth getting because you will use it again.

theyb
10-21-2010, 06:47 AM
I have the neuspeed and the manual said 33 ft.lbs. Hope this helps.

02ep3SLAUGHTER
10-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Alright cool, Thanks guys
I have looked at the struts before when i did my tein springs but i cant remember whats there haha.. so ill find out.
Well fedex decided it needed a signature so i guess ill get it tomorrow and put it on

Thanks

mugen03
10-22-2010, 07:50 AM
let us know how you like it and pics would be good i was thinking of picking one of these up within the next month or two