PDA

View Full Version : Speedstar bs, and NOW mod bs

lbk02si
10-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Below is the complete bs reply for closing my thread by a mod on here. In parenthesis are my responses. I'm posting this bc I feel it's pretty chicken shit of you to close this with no way for me to respond. By the way boss, yes this thread should be viewed publiclicy bc yes that's how you prevent stuff from happening like what I went through. Also, I'm curious as a mod do you get a part of the money Wayne pays to the site to be a vendor?

I'm closing this for a couple of reasons:

1. You keep calling people names. Personal attacks will not get you anywhere. You could have made your point without the name calling, and maybe you would get more sympathy. ( COMPLETE CRAP!! Who did I call names? I was called ignorant by another member, why don't you step in and moderate that???)

2. In your last thread, you threatened to get a lawyer. Wayne said he was fine with that. In other words, this will not get a resolution to the matter. It's a stalemate... no body is going to give, and you've both said that. So now it's time to get your legal representation and take your fight elsewhere.

3. The reality is this: YOU did not receive the valve cover. YOU don't have anything more than someone's word that it was in good shape when they got it. Someone took a picture of it, that you posted, saying it's "beautiful". They put it on display in a glass case. All this, and they didn't notice a blemish? They are the ones you should be asking questions of. Did you notice that the blemish is on a high-spot? Isn't there a hose that runs over that part? Maybe they installed it on another car to see how it looks. Maybe not... maybe it was like that when it was shipped to them.
( yes I did say that bc all I had to go off was what I was told. And give me a break, they didn't install it on another car and damage it! Why are you defending a lousy business like you are?)

My point is, it's your word against his, and there is no way to prove who did what, or who is responsible. This thread is NOT helping add to our community. It is an unfortunate argument between you and the vendor you bought it from... there is no need for this here.
( the hell it's not adding to this community! It's preventing another member from getting screwed over! Are you really serious?! Why don't you guys ever stick up for members?)

I'm sorry you think I'm taking a vendor's side in this. I'm not... (RIGHTTTT!)it's just that there is no way that posting up your thread is going to help solve the problem you have. You've made your point (that you don't like the vendor and think nobody should buy from them), and you've shown us pics, and people have given an opinion. Turning this thread into "let's see how many people I can get to bad-mouth the vendor" is not going to happen. Please don't start any more threads on this topic. I hope your legal action gets you some resolution to this matter.

( yea I keep opening new threads bc you keep closing them without giving me a chance to respond! And Ill keep it up if you keep doing this chicken shit stuff)

Si Death
10-21-2010, 06:57 PM
:violin:

hehe ive always wanted to use dat

Windchaser
10-21-2010, 06:59 PM
I want to see pictures of the damage . . . where is the original thread?

ep_hatcher_510
10-21-2010, 07:02 PM
:popcorn:

username011
10-21-2010, 07:02 PM
I want to see pictures of the damage . . .

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/ryan77724/photo-3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/ryan77724/photo-1-1.jpg

EP3 Dream
10-21-2010, 07:07 PM
over a valve cover? O.o how many of us are going to do that...

Windchaser
10-21-2010, 07:14 PM
I can't tell and I have done a lot of VC PCs. It looks damaged, but the pictures are too blurry to tell the difference. It depends on the type of coating used, but reactive (solvent) type coats can react with things if not sealed properly (during heating stages) and can cause that blemish. It looks damaged to me, like a rub against another surface from shipment or something.

RHCP0801
10-21-2010, 07:16 PM
over a valve cover? O.o how many of us are going to do that...

it costs $400

ep_hatcher_510
10-21-2010, 07:17 PM
So i read over the original story and it was said Wayne was notified a few months after the purchase, and that you was not even the one that received the valve cover and that the place that's been working on your car did, so you never saw it once it came out of the box? Am i right? If so then this is pointless.

MBaG
10-21-2010, 07:20 PM
good thing i'm not a big fan of all that unnecessary bling-bling.... yet.
but anyway, why hasn't mister wayne said anything yet?

EP3tuner410
10-21-2010, 07:21 PM
trust me bro i've been in your shoes before!

I've been screwed out of a lot of money and no one had my back.

It seems like no body can do a thing to help you either at this point in the game!!!

So my only advice i can give to you is to move on and don't do business with speed star anymore.

I truly think no matter what you say or do will not change anyone's mind of wayne or his business.

People will have to experience this on their own before feeling how you do now!

And to top it off the mods will eventually put matters in there own hands which is never a good thing in cases like these.

EP3 Dream
10-21-2010, 07:26 PM
it costs $400

i know but its just a spot that was messed up, unless the car is meant for a showroom floor, then i dont see what the big fuss is, then again, i dont care much for looks underneath a solid hood.

Heitzke
10-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Hate to say it, I'm with the mod/mods on this one. You presented your case, showed evidence of poor service/parts you got and shared a word of warning to future shoppers. Doesn't appear that Wayne is going to get involved in this matter again publicly, and the thread seemed to be degrading to nothing.

What would be the purpose of it staying open? You made your case, which I do feel has merit as you paid for a high quality piece and didn't receive what you thought you had purchased. I just feel as that it should be handled privately from this point forward.

usedep3
10-21-2010, 07:58 PM
inb4banz0rz

we get it, you;re upset. you want to 'just' warn people about dealing with SSR.

again, :horse:

lbk02si
10-21-2010, 08:08 PM
So i read over the original story and it was said Wayne was notified a few months after the purchase, and that you was not even the one that received the valve cover and that the place that's been working on your car did, so you never saw it once it came out of the box? Am i right? If so then this is pointless.

Semi correct, except it was one month after it was received and it was never installed.

lbk02si
10-21-2010, 08:12 PM
I think its the shops fault and not Waynes and that you're better friends with the shop than with Wayne(Which you even admitted in the previous thread that you trusted the shop more).. so you blame speed star instead.

It's times like these that I am reminded why you don't mix friends with business because you'll never want to think they could screw you over and you'll feel even worse going after them after they did something wrong.

I never said I had friends that work at Jotech. I deal with Tony there bc he always treats me right and takes care of me.

shanewdude
10-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Why didn't you quote me? I was the one that typed that response. I really don't care anymore what you think of me. Not that it matters, but to answer your question, no, I don't get any money from vendors. I don't get ANY benefits from being a mod, actually. I do it because I like this site.

I'm sorry you are so upset by all this... I'm not sure how we can find resolution. As stated before, you are in a stuck position where neither you nor the vendor in question is willing to give or compromise. You have more than one thread about this, so other members can read it and make up their own mind... none of your threads have been removed.

You've made your point, and there is nothing more to be accomplished with this; I don't know how else to explain it to you. Calling this unfortunate situation "mod BS" is not productive. Calling my moderating "chicken shit stuff" is also not helpful. I don't mind if you disagree, but the personal attacks need to stop. Perhaps after a short break from ephatch you can come back with a cooler head and a little more respect.

ep_hatcher_510
10-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Semi correct, except it was one month after it was received and it was never installed.

Well is still a months time, when buying things like these it should have been inspected by you on the day of arrival, and any issues should have been delt with at around that time. I believe wayne would have helped you if you told him sooner but a month is just too long.

oneglory
10-21-2010, 08:47 PM
closed.

we can only do so much. We aren't the BBB.

SinisterCivicSi
10-22-2010, 06:42 AM
Well is still a months time, when buying things like these it should have been inspected by you on the day of arrival, and any issues should have been delt with at around that time. I believe wayne would have helped you if you told him sooner but a month is just too long.

^^ this is a very important point.

if i pay $400 for a valve cover i am going to open it as soon as i put the box down to make sure its intact and in the condition it should be in. this is honestly - common sense. i referred one of my very best friends to a vendor on here for a Hondata ECU ... he waited A YEAR before he took it out the box and it didnt work right.... he was pissed that the vendor wouldnt help him or swap it out for another. what can i do!? NOTHING! if you go into any store and buy something off the shelf and let it sit for a month and a day then you open the product and its damaged, your shit outta luck... i am not trying to be an asshole i am just being honest... this is common knowledge when you buy anything other than food.

the sale of a product is between the buyer and seller... its the buyers responsibility to inspect the product and ensure the quality of the contents for #1 - to make sure you GOT what you ordered and #2 make sure the product isnt bashed up, broken or faulty.. etc.

even staff here have pulled stupid moves like that - bought a part, it sat for months (like 6-7 - why i have no freaking clue!) finally take it out the box and guess what, its the wrong model year and we dont find out until we are swapping it out and it doesnt come close to fitting.

we as staff are limited to what we can do in situations like this... all we can do is try and give advice and mediate if and whenever possible to help fix the situation. did you post this in wayne's customer service thread where it belongs? that could be why the staff member closed your thread to begin with ... if we have a customer service section and you post up another thread elsewhere, that staff member was only doing his job to move/close it as he was instructed. dont get pissy with him because he is doing his job... dude... thats just not fair!

i TOTALLY understand your frustration - we ALL do... but you have to handle these things properly. throwing a fit on the internet and getting all mad at the person who is not to blame for this is not the right way to handle things. Shane is only doing his job, if you had an issue with that, why didnt you PM an administrator? that is what WE are here for... if there is a staff member or regular member that you feel isnt doing their job, abusing their "powahs", being a dick, whatever... the admins have the authority to handle these things. going about it like this only makes you look like a douche and further emphasizes the actions of the moderator... you feel me?

next time you or another member has a problem like this... pm me, forevapmp, wes, ed or whoever is an admin (red) or an assistant admin (gray). we will do whatever we can to help fix the situation if its within our power... if its not then we can at least give advice or new ideas to help you thru it.

guys we are not here to make your life harder, in turn... dont turn a fixable situation into a shit throwing session... nothing gets accomplished. and wayne most likely doesnt even know this thread exists because he's probablly tending to the other dozen or so forums he advertises and does buisness on... this is why posting customer service issues in the proper threads is so important. they dont have time to scour the forums and chat like we do... this is strictly business for them.

i know "MODS" have a really bad rap on damn near every internet forum and sometimes its warranted - sometimes its not. we are human too... we dont get paid to do this, we do this out of the love we have for the members, the site and just the love for the stupid car itself. we are all in this - lets just all get along .. m'kay? :mangel:

lbk02si - i just noticed your banned and i am going to discuss this further and research the origional thread to find out whats going on, because i never saw the origional one. if you would like to discuss anything with me your more than welcome to email me at my screen name at gmail dot com.

Tnhatch03
10-23-2010, 02:11 PM
our cars are not stupid!! ;-)