PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust which one, DC Sports or the MagnaFlow? Pros and Cons

he_li48
10-22-2010, 06:36 AM
I am ready to install an exhaust on my stock 05. I have an intake now, but looking for the next part to help it along. First, noise level is a concern, this is a daily ride and I want to keep my hearing. Second is performance, will I notice a difference between the two?

TIA

Project Yellow
10-22-2010, 06:59 AM
I have the DC Motorsports stainless steel exhaust. I like it, it doesnt sound like an angry bumble bee, and is a good mix of a deep sound with noise. It is not a quiet exhaust, but it is tolerable.

he_li48
10-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the reply, do you know what the diameter of the main pipe?

EP3tuner410
10-23-2010, 06:51 PM
When i bought my EP it had a Thermal Research Development system on it and i was researching on what systen to swap it out with.

I looked at the same two systems you are and to be honest i didn't like either because they both sounded identical to what i had already bolted up.

I ended up getting surprised by my girl because she bought me a Greddy TIC system and love it!

If you are picking between the DC and the Magna systems i would jump on the DC system because of how it sits comparded to the Magna system.

Your other concerns aren't really an issue since both of those systems aren't insanely loud like HKS or Skunk 2 and you won't noticed a big change in HP with either as well!

Twisted-X
10-23-2010, 07:08 PM
I can only comment on the Magnaflow as that is what I have. I installed it with the stock header and cat and loved the sound. Not too loud, not "buzzy" at all. Then I put a DCRH on and now I get the "buzz" above 4k. One nice thing about the Magnaflow is that it gives you plenty of clearance for the rear sway bar (in case you decide to upgrade), which I've heard/read that some of the other exhausts don't.

cvicep3
10-26-2010, 11:42 AM
I have Magnaflow dual tips. It's kinda loud from the inside, but not that loud from outside. Also, depends on the speed too. Anyway, I like it, looks nice and sounds aggressive.