PDA

View Full Version : this is weird???

ep3boosted
10-23-2010, 07:46 PM
i think this is where this goes...

i have a 2003 ep3 si i know sometimes the tach can be off.. my tach has been readin 7400 before it hits rev limiter.. " no reflash on here"

tonight i got on it in second gear and i was watching for 7400 but ithit rev limiter at 6800???

why is this why did it change... im sure its been 6800 at all times but its been reading 7400 and tonight it changed back to where it should be 6800..

thanks for any advice.....

talonXracer
10-23-2010, 08:11 PM
The tachs are off they read high. I bet if you were to have a standalone tach it would show that even now the revs are off.

ep3boosted
10-23-2010, 08:15 PM
The tachs are off they read high. I bet if you were to have a standalone tach it would show that even now the revs are off.

i said that already.. i know there off... im trying to figure out why it has been reading 7400 for the past 3 months then tonight it hit limiter and was reading 6800...

ep3boosted
10-24-2010, 06:38 AM
no one??

black05ep
10-24-2010, 07:52 AM
maybe it could have been the angle you were reading it. if you drive more on the left side it could look like the revs are going higher then if you looked straight on or from the right. just a suggestion.

talonXracer
10-24-2010, 07:57 AM
As I said, unless you have a standalone tach, you CAN NOT state with any confidence what the actual rev's are that you are seeing. The stock Tach did not miraculously alter physics or the clusters programming and start reading correctly.

P.S. the CTR clusters read alot closer to actual values.....

ep3boosted
10-24-2010, 07:29 PM
As I said, unless you have a standalone tach, you CAN NOT state with any confidence what the actual rev's are that you are seeing. The stock Tach did not miraculously alter physics or the clusters programming and start reading correctly.

P.S. the CTR clusters read alot closer to actual values.....

dude.. come on now .. you are saying exactly what i already said ..... plz no more advice from you...

i know the tachs are off.. i said that.. i know they arent actually taching out what they read.. i said that..

Passenger
10-24-2010, 07:50 PM
What're you expecting someone to say? Its not every day a gauge goes from being off by 600+ rpms to being spot on within two different drives, while assuming by what you've said you redline it every time you get in the car. Black05ep probably has the closest answer so far that seems somewhat reasonable.

talonXracer
10-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Hmmm, maybe you hammered it to redline so many times, that all it will do is 6800 now.......LOL

How about resetting the ECU and doing a idle relearn. There could be some kind of fuel issue, we have changed to winter fuel in some regions.

shanewdude
10-24-2010, 08:12 PM
..... plz no more advice from you...
:spit::ohsnap::wow::twitch:

One day you might realize how funny this is! :tehe: Doug is one of the most knowledgeable EP owners on the planet...

I think he was trying to point out that not only are our tachs not very accurate, they are also not very consistent. They will vary quite a bit, so the rev limiter may not always cut in at the same indicated engine speed everytime.

Ep3 ked
10-26-2010, 02:30 PM
doug is a hero :smokin:

ep3boosted
10-26-2010, 06:53 PM
wasent trying to be a douche or anything i just felt as he was trying to act smart and type fast what ever popped to his head instead of reading what i said... i found the problem i unplugged the CPS "cam postion sensor" so it was only letting it do 6800.. i plugged it in and now its back to where it was reading not saying its reading it right but its back to limtier at 7400..

SinisterCivicSi
10-28-2010, 12:27 PM
so let me get this straight... your coming here for advice and help and the MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE person on the site... you dismiss?

glad you figured out the error.

and just a hint ... if you ever need to know anything about a k-series.... talonxracer has already asked the question, done the troubleshooting and figured it out... he's on the staff for a reason, he trumps all of us with his knowledge. :mwink:

ep3boosted
10-30-2010, 04:19 AM
so let me get this straight... your coming here for advice and help and the MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE person on the site... you dismiss?

glad you figured out the error.

and just a hint ... if you ever need to know anything about a k-series.... talonxracer has already asked the question, done the troubleshooting and figured it out... he's on the staff for a reason, he trumps all of us with his knowledge. :mwink:

well then he could of said hey ep3boosted check your CPS sensor it may have come loose... if he is so smart???????

talonXracer
10-30-2010, 05:23 AM
Glad to hear you are up and running again, Not being a smart ass at all, your engine should have been in limp mode with the CPS disconnected, ie 4000rpm, not seeing 6800. Without the proper info or symptoms it is kinda hard troubleshoot.

Deadphishy
10-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Glad to hear you are up and running again, Not being a smart ass at all, your engine should have been in limp mode with the CPS disconnected, ie 4000rpm, not seeing 6800. Without the proper info or symptoms it is kinda hard troubleshoot.

i dont think the car would start without the CPS

talonXracer
10-30-2010, 08:19 AM
I am pretty sure it will start without one or the other camshaft position sensors(CMP A and B), forgot to use the correct nomenclature in that reply. But there should have been a CEL along with the disconnected sensor.

robhep3
10-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Wow, boosted. You got off easy. A response like that.... deserves a pimp slap. Respect Doug's authoritaw. He knows more about K Series than I could ever dream of. He's my EP3 hero.

talonXracer
10-31-2010, 06:14 AM
I doubt any disrespect was intentional, rather he was concerned about his ride. We have all felt frustration trying to learn this engine system at times.

Deadphishy
10-31-2010, 06:23 AM
I doubt any disrespect was intentional, rather he was concerned about his ride. We have all felt frustration trying to learn this engine system at times.

Doug, How do you walk?

robhep3
10-31-2010, 07:08 AM
Yeah, Doug, you're probably right. I would like to blame the time of morning it was when I posted that, but truthfully, I just felt it was a really ignorant way to address the help you were trying to offer. It's probably more related to the youthful arrogance I've been dealing with more and more at work than his actual intentions. Sorry if it was harsh, boosted. Glad you found what was going on. Doug, I am impressed by your optimism and diplomacy. Excellent choice for a mod/admin, for sure.

talonXracer
10-31-2010, 07:12 AM
Doug, How do you walk?

one step at a time ?

Deadphishy
10-31-2010, 07:32 AM
one step at a time ?

Must be hard with everyone hanging from your nuts huh?

POOPTOOTH
10-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Rofl!

ep3boosted
10-31-2010, 05:40 PM
yea doug no disrespect was intentional thanks for your time..