PDA

View Full Version : 17x9 4x100 wheels rota ik-r

rusty#1
10-24-2010, 02:54 PM
i found these new wheels im interested in and anyone else that doesn't wanna do a 5 lug swap rota ik-r 17x9 +25 i think they look good any opinions

http://rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=81

27rocks
10-24-2010, 04:58 PM
If you're going to get them get them in the +35...

1fasthb
10-24-2010, 05:18 PM
i found these new wheels im interested in and anyone else that doesn't wanna do a 5 lug swap rota ik-r 17x9 +25 i think they look good any opinions

http://rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=81

sadly i been tryin to get these wheels for months now call'd rota and they gave me a different number to call and then those guys said the wheel is only sold in japan and cant get them in the USA so yea dont even know why they are on the site when they arent sold in the US kinda point less to even have them on the US page i think...

rusty#1
10-24-2010, 06:50 PM
hmm maybe its just taking a while for them to get here ill try calling in a couple of weeks when i will have the money to buy wheels, why plus 35 i was actually thinking plus 25 because i wouldn't have to use spacers to make it work?

1fasthb
10-24-2010, 06:57 PM
hmm maybe its just taking a while for them to get here ill try calling in a couple of weeks when i will have the money to buy wheels, why plus 35 i was actually thinking plus 25 because i wouldn't have to use spacers to make it work?

i was goin for +25 as well but i seen some in +20 and now goin for +20 offset and the UK can get the wheels dunno on how much it will cost for shipping tho :( $640 for the set of 4 wheels

27rocks
10-24-2010, 08:46 PM

I'm on 17x9 +35's and trust me spacers is the last thing you want lol. You will need at least -2.8 of camber in the back with a roll to clear the fender and ~ _2.5 in the front.. I'm also running 245 tires all the way around. Now if you got the 25mm ones you will stick further out 10mm which is = to just a little over 3/8 of an inch. Doesn't sound much but trust me its a lot lol.

I was the first one to deal with this 17x9 wheel about two years ago and the 17x9 +35 is the absolue perfect setup for looks and performance before it gets crazy drifter style streatched tire nonsence.

If you are going for looks then by all means get the +25's and kiss your handling goodbye. Also make sure you have camber available.

rusty#1
10-24-2010, 11:11 PM
ok sounds good soo plus 35 it is and thats good that i dont need spacers but i thought anything above plus 30 will hit the inner wheel well?

i have spc camber kit will that be enough?

how do i make that rear wheel sit flat on the ground i heard in order to do that you have to shave a rear bumper clip?

thanks for the help

27rocks
10-24-2010, 11:36 PM
ok sounds good soo plus 35 it is and thats good that i dont need spacers but i thought anything above plus 30 will hit the inner wheel well?

i have spc camber kit will that be enough?

how do i make that rear wheel sit flat on the ground i heard in order to do that you have to shave a rear bumper clip?

thanks for the help

Anything above a +38 or so is getting close on a 9" wide wheel.

SPC will work just fin in the rear but you will also need something for the front.

Not sure what you mean by " sit flat" ... it wont sit flat with that wide of a wheel. You will need camber to make it not hit the fender. Basically your wheels will look like this / ---- \ (of course this is extremely exhadurated but you get the idea. If you want to have them sit flat you will need to get a smaller width wheel with a higher offset so you can clear the edge of the fender. I didn't have to shave anything so nothing is touching in the bumper area so i don't see why you would have to cut anything.

Not to be mean man, but sounds like you're a little over your head with this one. I would at least research and learn how a basic suspension works on a car and figure out what "offset" is. You will understand all of what you are trying to do a little easier.

rusty#1
10-25-2010, 12:24 AM
thanks for the info 27 rocks i will def do more research before i buy

27rocks
10-25-2010, 08:51 AM
thanks for the info 27 rocks i will def do more research before i buy

No problem man. It just helps us help you easier if you already knew the basics otherwise we just go back and forth till we understand each other.

powdbyrice
10-25-2010, 10:26 PM
talk to kim at cosmic. he's the importer of rota wheels. kimcosmic@juno.com

T_Virus
10-26-2010, 11:42 AM
wow people still using juno.com?

btw, nice selection op.