PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

kineticenrage
10-24-2010, 03:09 PM
I just recently picked up a 2005 civic si hatchback. it's got 73,xxx miles on it. looking forward to my stay here :)

Passenger
10-24-2010, 03:43 PM
I just recently picked up a 2005 civic si hatchback. it's got 73,xxx miles on it. looking forward to my stay here :)

Yeaaa another GA folk on here!!
Now is Richmond Hill close to Savannah?? Got any pics of it yet?

kineticenrage
10-24-2010, 04:02 PM
yeah Richmond hill is about 30 minutes away from Savannah. here are some pictures. don't make fun of me for the obnoxious amounts blue lol it was like that when i bought it.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/kineticenrage/Honda1.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/kineticenrage/Honda2.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/kineticenrage/Honda3.jpg

sleepy ep3
10-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Change the wheels, and lower it. Other than that, I like it.

Passenger
10-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Whats the plans for it?

shanewdude
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
It's not too bad. Welcome to the site... I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas here! :welcome:

talonXracer
10-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Welcome to EPhatch!

ShadowEP3
10-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Yeaaa another GA folk on here!!
Now is Richmond Hill close to Savannah?? Got any pics of it yet?

you 2 should set up a playdate :gheyf:

welcome to the site

kineticenrage
10-25-2010, 07:41 AM
thanks for the welcomes yall :)

Change the wheels, and lower it. Other than that, I like it. i think it is lowered but i'm not sure lol. thanks :)

Passenger
10-25-2010, 08:03 AM
you 2 should set up a playdate :gheyf:

lol I hate you sometimes
Dont listen to him, hes jealous cause he doesnt live within 300 miles of me

ShadowEP3
10-25-2010, 08:07 AM
lol I hate you sometimes
Dont listen to him, hes jealous cause he doesnt live within 300 miles of me

but i wuv you :msmooch::mangel:

kineticenrage
10-25-2010, 08:12 AM
hahaha well good thing for me i live within 300 miles. I have just a real quick question, i was reading online about the K20A3 and A LOT of people have been calling it slow and it doesnt have real vtec. They were talking about putting in an A2 head, what are the benefits of doing this and whats the price tag? thanks.

Passenger
10-25-2010, 08:24 AM
hahaha well good thing for me i live within 300 miles. I have just a real quick question, i was reading online about the K20A3 and A LOT of people have been calling it slow and it doesnt have real vtec. They were talking about putting in an A2 head, what are the benefits of doing this and whats the price tag? thanks.

Not worth it. The k20a3 is what it is, just a watered down version of the type s engine. But its low compression is good for turbo up until 350ish whp. If you're interested in more power, skip the supercharger route (its good if you're just wanting to up the power and have fun but not good for serious racing) and go with kpro first, then swap, then turbo. The good thing about our cars is there is a lot of stuff you can do if you have the money and wisely use it.

kineticenrage
10-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Not worth it. The k20a3 is what it is, just a watered down version of the type s engine. But its low compression is good for turbo up until 350ish whp. If you're interested in more power, skip the supercharger route (its good if you're just wanting to up the power and have fun but not good for serious racing) and go with kpro first, then swap, then turbo. The good thing about our cars is there is a lot of stuff you can do if you have the money and wisely use it.

oh okay. I was thinking about going turbo. but i'm still new to this whole 4 banger scene lol my last ride was a 5.7 HEMI soo work with me here lol. what is kpro and when you say swap, swap what? the entire engine? and swap it with what? I'm all about wanting to go fast but i'd like to do it on a budget if you know what i mean.

FoReVaPmP
10-25-2010, 09:01 AM

^^:yeahthat:

Passenger
10-25-2010, 09:01 AM
oh okay. I was thinking about going turbo. but i'm still new to this whole 4 banger scene lol my last ride was a 5.7 HEMI soo work with me here lol. what is kpro and when you say swap, swap what? the entire engine? and swap it with what? I'm all about wanting to go fast but i'd like to do it on a budget if you know what i mean.

lol I hear ya. Hondata KPro is an ECU upgrade that allows you to change any and everything about the way the engine functions. You won't need it for minor modifications like intake/header/exhaust, but with pretty much anything else like cams, engine swaps, headswaps, boost, etc you'll need it. And I definitely feel on you the budget thing haha. I'll post up some link that I find throughout the day to kinda get your feet wet.
What brought you from a 5.7 hemi to the ep??

kineticenrage
10-25-2010, 09:25 AM
cool beans. preciate that. well i had to get rid of my hemi because i couldn't afford the gas anymore lol that and it was paid off so i sold it for a profit and bought the ep. change is good lol