PDA

View Full Version : New canadian EP3 owner

RotaryGreg
10-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Hello all. I posted on honda-tech too...but i really like the look of this forum.

Anyways, ill keep this short. picking up my 2002 silver ep3 sometime this week. it was a trade in at the mazda dealer i work at and i just couldnt pass it up.

No real idea regarding mods yet...probably wont do anythign before winter except some rally armor mudguards. after that, who knows...i like the idea of a k20a2 swap...although i usually focus on suspension on my cars...also, i'll need an LSD eventually...once you've had a car with one, open diffs seem so lame. lol

talonXracer
10-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Welcome to EPhatch!

You will find far more and far more accurate info on the EP3 here, plus we are a fairly tight knit family here!

A LSD is about the single best upgrade for a DD, especially up here in snow country, LOL.

RotaryGreg
10-24-2010, 06:41 PM
yeah, thats what i was thinking. Years ago i had a lancer ralliart and i got stuck everywhere in the winter. while i attribute alot of that to inexperience i can also blame much of it on the open diff.

I used to do alot of navigational rallies and i can remember one particularily bad one in the winter and i got stuck a few times. one wheel peeling on ice, while the other was sitting pretty on gravel....so annoying. plus i had to ugh..."rethink"...the speed limit to make up for lost time after getting stuck.

not only is that dangerous in poor conditions but you are basically just guessing at how much time you need to make up at that point...albiet we took second place that time but still...i'd like to avoid a revisit. haha.

glad to hear about the "family" thing. I hope there is a somewhat active local chapter, although looking in the canadian section it seems a little sparse. but thats just a first impression.

RotaryGreg
10-27-2010, 02:35 PM
so heres a couple pics. just got everything finaly sorted out today and got the car home. holy crap do i ever need to lower it. also, i think i need to do something about the seat hieght. Im not tall by any means, but i feel like im too close to the roof. like i can feel my hair brushing the roof on occassion and its annoying. Other than that, i love it. and im thinking up excuses right now to go for a drive. lol

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/SuzukiSwiftGT/IMG00012.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/SuzukiSwiftGT/IMG00011.jpg