PDA

View Full Version : RSX Sunroof on Ep3?

AKEP
10-24-2010, 11:03 PM
possible? i haven't seen it, but i'd like the sunroof to go up and back, instead of down in inside...

help?

27rocks
10-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Why would you want it to go outside? The only reason why the RSX ones go out is cause they have no room on the inside for the window to slide back.

talonXracer
10-25-2010, 09:46 AM
I highly doubt you could install the RSX sunroof mech into the EP3 without some major metal work.

AKEP
10-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Why would you want it to go outside? The only reason why the RSX ones go out is cause they have no room on the inside for the window to slide back.
just because i like it like that =] all my other sunroofs have done that.

I highly doubt you could install the RSX sunroof mech into the EP3 without some major metal work.
do you think honda would have that drastic of a design difference in the roof??

ShadowEP3
10-25-2010, 11:56 AM
^yup..money talks thou..anything is possible if you really want it

talonXracer
10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
do you think honda would have that drastic of a design difference in the roof??

They have a different roof profile, the EP roof goes straight back while the RSX curves downwards, all of the mech would need to be re-engineered.

AKEP
10-27-2010, 04:38 PM
i see what you're saying. i guess i'll try it when one just falls into my lap =/

EP3tuner410
10-27-2010, 07:41 PM
It definitely would be a waste of time and money unless you truly had no other modifications left to do and a ton of disposable income!

integrictuner
10-28-2010, 07:49 PM
i was always jealous of the rsx sunroofs!!! First thing i would do would be to measure the glass length by with, if they are different forget about it, if they are the same i would try it. most likely the bolt holes would not line up. My girlfriend has an rsx im going to measure it tomorrow and let you know!

AKEP
10-28-2010, 11:51 PM
nah u can see it in the online catalogs.

talon is right, the entire thing is different. lol. i've never looked at it close enough till after he said that. so like i was saying, i'd only try to make it work if i got an rsx sunroof for free. the only thing i could think of besides fabbing the mounting hardware is swapping the glass out. i still dont think it would work anyways lol.

03silverEP
11-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Too much trouble!!

Speaking of which. Anyone else want rear windows that 'fold-out'? Like the rear windows in a Odyssey/Sienna w/the electric motor. That would be cool ;)

Kerby
11-01-2010, 07:38 AM
I wish my moonroof was actually bigger.

The width (left to right) is perfect... but the front to back i wish was alittle longer.

talonXracer
11-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Speaking of which. Anyone else want rear windows that 'fold-out'? Like the rear windows in a Odyssey/Sienna w/the electric motor. That would be cool ;)

Hell, I would settle for manually pop out windows.

Jharobikesr2
11-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Not to mention sunroofs love to leak unless they are perfectly set into their molding... Good luck. Its gonna be a hard install and a waste of money IMO, just to have the SR open to the exterior of the roof?

Kerby
11-02-2010, 04:57 AM
i had a 87 MR2... it wasn't the T-top, it had a sunroof... but it was a pop-up, and you could also completely take it off and store it in front or in the house. That was a kool feature.

talonXracer
11-02-2010, 05:11 AM
Yeah a anual pop up removable sunroof would have been better, less weight up high.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
11-02-2010, 08:18 PM
I wish my moonroof was actually bigger.

The width (left to right) is perfect... but the front to back i wish was alittle longer.

I agree i am always jelouse when i am in my GF's Jetta because VW moon roof go completely into the roof you dont have that little extra part that takes up about 1/8th of the roof when it is opened

SandBagger
12-02-2010, 08:31 PM
why did the two come up with different sunroof designs. I was thinking b/c the rsx has a shorter roof length. different upper rear chassis design..easily seen when looking a the C-pillar position of the two

RedSiBaron
12-02-2010, 11:56 PM
i had a 87 MR2... it wasn't the T-top, it had a sunroof... but it was a pop-up, and you could also completely take it off and store it in front or in the house. That was a kool feature.

YA! my 86 si was like that....it popped up, or you could completely remove it, which i was dumb and never remembered i could :mrolleyes: