PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy RPMs

Passenger
10-25-2010, 06:09 AM
Well, I decided to turn around and not go to school today cause there was so much standing water & my school is so far away with me going so slow I couldn't have made it on time.
To make the short story shorter->
I was coming home, I shifted into third to go up this hill and as I was coming down I shifted into neutral to coast down it. When I did it sounded like the exhaust caught some water in it or something and was gurgling really bad(like the exhaust was submerged or something, not just water kicking out of it), followed by my RPMs bouncing from idle (<900ish) to about 2800 or so. So after praying & coasting it for the last 1/8th of a mile I finally made it home, cut the car off and sat there for a second. Cranked it back up and it started up fine and everything was running good.

Should I still be concerned or am I ok?

Mods: Twincharged Ls1 w/ RSX 6speed. :tehehyper::gheywa:

talonXracer
10-25-2010, 06:28 AM
I have seen instances like this myself. I refer to these instances as a ECU brainfart...LOL

It is probably a bunch of individual items all lining up correctly to bambuzzle the ECU momentarily.

Passenger
10-25-2010, 06:31 AM
I have seen instances like this myself. I refer to these instances as a ECU brainfart...LOL

It is probably a bunch of individual items all lining up correctly to bambuzzle the ECU momentarily.

I'll accept that answer, an ecu brainfart! Appreciate it Doug. :hug:

rbwdriven
10-26-2010, 03:52 AM
Ef's are really bad about this with low coolant. Not sure about EP3's.

Goes into like the same situation. Hunting idle.

Pretty much you have to add coolant and burp the system.

If it still does it check coolant level.

Passenger
10-26-2010, 06:52 AM
Ef's are really bad about this with low coolant. Not sure about EP3's.
Goes into like the same situation. Hunting idle.
Pretty much you have to add coolant and burp the system.
If it still does it check coolant level.

Yeah I drove it some yesterday a few hours afterwards and it hasn't done it but it wouldn't hurt to check it anyhow, just in case it wants to do it again or something. Thanks!

Passenger
10-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah I drove it some yesterday a few hours afterwards and it hasn't done it but it wouldn't hurt to check it anyhow, just in case it wants to do it again or something. Thanks!

Yeah all my fluids are fine and what not. I'll leave this up just incase someone else has this happen to them they can rest assured. Thanks again guys.

makavelibranded
10-29-2010, 06:13 PM
lol i never look at the tags, i like them added one of my own

Passenger
10-29-2010, 06:27 PM
lol i never look at the tags, i like them added one of my own

:lol: "holy moly"