PDA

View Full Version : so i went and got my code read..

BajaPantiEP
10-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt f#$k!!!!! so i went to autozone and code p145/ comes up, so the guy tells me oops thats a dealer code the dealer blocks it so you would have to get it read over there!!! wtf!!! anybody knows what that code can be? the code popped up but it didn say anything of what it is:mredface:

Twisted-X
10-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Being new to the site I think we could let the posting in the wrong section thing slide, but it is very helpful if someone has a problem with, say, their "engine" that they can search the "engine" section and expect to find "engine" threads. Posting in the right section just makes the whole site a little easier to navigate.

Doing a quick search of the factory service manual gave me this:

P1456 (90) EVAP control system leakage (fuel tank)
P1457 (90) EVAP control system leakage (EVAP canister)

Not sure if this would be your problem. I would check to make sure you have your gas cap on tight (it should click three times).

talonXracer
10-25-2010, 01:50 PM
I moved this and cleaned up the useless crap for the OP.

Glad you got your question aswered, props to Twisted-X!

BajaPantiEP
10-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Being new to the site I think we could let the posting in the wrong section thing slide, but it is very helpful if someone has a problem with, say, their "engine" that they can search the "engine" section and expect to find "engine" threads. Posting in the right section just makes the whole site a little easier to navigate.

Doing a quick search of the factory service manual gave me this:

P1456 (90) EVAP control system leakage (fuel tank)
P1457 (90) EVAP control system leakage (EVAP canister)

Not sure if this would be your problem. I would check to make sure you have your gas cap on tight (it should click three times).
thanks twisted x, i honestly didnt notice the whole engine thing about posting i am new to the site and i will make sure i post in the right section next since i already have been assigned a probation officer...jk..... anyways the ( / ) that was after the 5 on the code on the ob scanner is put in place by a 6 or a 7?

BajaPantiEP
10-25-2010, 01:52 PM
I moved this and cleaned up the useless crap for the OP.

Glad you got your question aswered, props to Twisted-X!
thanx talon i didnt post with intentions to piss anybody off

talonXracer
10-25-2010, 01:58 PM
no problem at all. The only stupid question is the question not asked!

usedep3
10-25-2010, 02:03 PM
thanx talon i didnt post with intentions to piss anybody off

dude, my bad. had a bad day and i normally wouldn't have blown up on ya. i usually try to be helpful. glad that twisted was able to help ya out

BajaPantiEP
10-25-2010, 02:14 PM
dude, my bad. had a bad day and i normally wouldn't have blown up on ya. i usually try to be helpful. glad that twisted was able to help ya out

its alright man no emmotions helt,

BajaPantiEP
10-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Happy to say fellas it was the gas cap,i called a frind of mine that works at a honda dealer and he instructed me to do this, i took off the gas cap, re-tightened it till the 3 clicks, took out # 6 fuse out the fuse box in the engine bay for 30 seconds put it back, the light came off drove it for about 15 miles and it hasn't came back yet,,, so pretty happy about that, hope that light doesnt come back ever!!lol

talonXracer
10-26-2010, 03:40 PM
LOL, yeah it has been so long since I had that CEL, I forgot the fix, Glad your buddy was able to steer you in the correct direction!

usedep3
10-26-2010, 03:41 PM
:thumbu:

BajaPantiEP
10-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks fellas everyday you learn something new eyyy lol

SkareKrow
11-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Happy to say fellas it was the gas cap,i called a frind of mine that works at a honda dealer and he instructed me to do this, i took off the gas cap, re-tightened it till the 3 clicks, took out # 6 fuse out the fuse box in the engine bay for 30 seconds put it back, the light came off drove it for about 15 miles and it hasn't came back yet,,, so pretty happy about that, hope that light doesnt come back ever!!lol

This should be a sticky. 8~)

Twisted-X
11-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I would check to make sure you have your gas cap on tight (it should click three times).
:msmooch::mredface: