PDA

View Full Version : '85-'87 Corolla outhandles ANY Civic.

FailureToStop
12-13-2002, 11:48 PM
Well from the magazine thread I bought a copy of HCI, Super Street and Honda Tuning (thanks to the guys who responded). I came across this in the 1/03 issue of HCI:

The AE86 is an older car, but it is still one of the most sought-after vehicles in the tuner scene. Why? Because this Toyota model out-handles, out-brakes and just about out-performs any factory Honda Civic. The article continues to say that:

I'm saying that if you place a stock Civic against a stock AE86, there would be no comparison. Toyota wins hands-down. WOW :p !!!

I'm not exactly a car guy. But I haven't exactly heard a lot about this Corolla model in the autox forums. Is this guy full of BS or is he correct? I was thinking of modifying my '89 si for autox... but if the Corolla is so boss I might sell the '89 and try to buy a Corolla.

BTW, the AE86 is an '85-'87 Toyota Corolla as the subject notes.

norcalSI
12-14-2002, 01:17 AM
he's right the ae86 (toyota corolla) can out perform any honda. That car is a monster. The car is perfect for drifting as well as drag. There are a truckload of aftermarket parts. IT is the only corolla that is supported by TRD and has the ability to make anyone to look twice. If you want download a movie from kazza called initial D. Its a cartoon but i will make you want a ae86. I would definitelly trade my Si for any ae86 hatch....

Glix2
12-14-2002, 01:39 AM
http://www.4agze.com/gallery/motorsport/036.jpg

quachster858
12-14-2002, 01:53 AM
yea, the 86 is known as the Haichi roku and Takumi Fujiwara a very well known racer, becuase of his drifting techniques drives this. He also delivers tofu

civic hatch boi
12-14-2002, 01:56 AM
initial D rocks... hachi = 8 and roku = 6 in japanese.
hence the name hachi roku = 86... the car can drift like a mug!

LordKoo
12-14-2002, 09:59 AM
You are comparing apples to oranges here... That POS toyota is RWD, Civic is FWD!

Anyway... It is a POS because it is a Toyota.

TEKBRAIN
12-14-2002, 11:08 AM
Video 1 (http://www.tuningpt.com/store/bestmotoring/ae86part3.mpg)
Video 2 (http://drift.cynergic.net/footage/Hachiroku.mpg)

Silvershadow
12-14-2002, 11:13 AM
The key word is "STOCK".In SCCA auto-x d '89 Civic Si holds d National Championship in class 4 d last TWO Years not intial D.
More later.........---Silvershadow---

civic hatch boi
12-14-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by LordKoo
You are comparing apples to oranges here... That POS toyota is RWD, Civic is FWD!

Anyway... It is a POS because it is a Toyota.

what sort of ignorant remark was this??? how the F*** are toyotas pos's by anymeans..? call the focus a pos, call the neon a pos, but how can u call any toyota a pos. ur a retard.

ep88
12-14-2002, 11:29 AM
:p

norcalSI
12-14-2002, 11:36 AM
woa....how are you going to call toyota a POS? Have you lost your mind? Do you know the history of cars that have came alive from toyota? Lets refresh your memory

Supra...Which to this day is worth more most honda USED...
celica
mr2
scarlets
turenos(corollaS)
levins
altezza

man toyota was one of the manufacturers that broght import racing to where it is today. The only problem it doesn't have that much aftermarket support. Man for every honda there is a toyota that can surpass it in performance. Toyota and Honda are equall in every aspect. Careful when you talk down on TOYOTA you ignorant POS.:angel:

ssvr6
12-14-2002, 11:41 AM
Lordcoo is the official "rocker of the boat". All of his comments are flame bait.

Steve

jaydub
12-14-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Lordcoo is the official "rocker of the boat". All of his comments are flame bait.

Steve

Werd, he likes to spout off ignorant junk just to get the forum in an uproar.

http://www.dubfusion.com/tehfunny/laughgreddy.gif

iR-VTEC2
12-14-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Silvershadow
The key word is "STOCK".In SCCA auto-x d '89 Civic Si holds d National Championship in class 4 d last TWO Years not intial D.
More later.........---Silvershadow---

really? hehe.

TomR123
12-14-2002, 04:25 PM
Hachi Roku DORIFTO !!!!!!!111 LOL , anyways saying toyota sucks is pretty damn stupid. I hate to make enemies on this but they make some of the most reliable cars ever, and some of the best, stuff may break off but the engine will run forever, but yes the Tureno can out handle a civic but if my memory serves it has about 120 bhp and the levin has 80 or so. so after the corner it is screwed.

chunky
12-14-2002, 05:06 PM
the ae86 is a great drifting car, light weight, rwd makes for a very nice combo.

however, i wouldn't say that it rips the civics a new one. it sure as hell beat the older civics, but i don't think it could take the newer civics.

I have a lot of respect for that car, but the fact of the matter is, it's recent surge in popularity has to do with it's growing drift noteriety in the u.s.

all of a sudden these chumps who used to have a "beat up corolla" are pimping like they own the place b/c they have an ae86. . .