PDA

View Full Version : Going to buy lots of parts for my 02 civic SIR.. need help..

sirux
10-26-2010, 06:25 AM
Apexi WS2 Exhaust: 558
AEM Cold Air Intake: 219
Megan Racing Header: 169
Eibach Sportline Springs: 240

Should I rock this setup or anyone recommend anything else?

Thanks.

ImportCustomx
10-26-2010, 06:27 AM
consider getting a tune also, a reflash would be nice or some sort of ecu tuning system.

Check out Skunk2 Also. they have great stuff.

What are you trying to do with the car? are you going for daily driver just fast? little more track orientated with daily driving? full race?

sirux
10-26-2010, 06:30 AM
Daily Driver basically.. but I want a bit more power hence the bolt-ons..
How much should a re-flash cost and why should I get that done?

Thanks

MugenReplica
10-26-2010, 06:46 AM
Moved to Engine....

ImportCustomx
10-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Moved to Engine....
your the man :) thanks for the move.

I am not sure how much a reflash cost, but look at our vendors here on the forum. there are a lot of great guys and giving out great deals. helps keep the ep's going!

take a peek at the vendors and check out pricing etc.

i think a reflash is like 250. im not sure.

sirux
10-26-2010, 07:28 AM
What would a reflash do for me bud?

T_Virus
10-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Up to you but I would change the AEM CAI an Injen CAI and get rid of the megan racing header (which I believe may be the shorty header) to a real race header that gets replaces your cat.

ImportCustomx
10-26-2010, 12:20 PM
What would a reflash do for me bud?
a reflash will retune your ecu for the header/intake/exhuast. it basically will change the air/fuel ratio and make the car run more efficiently. you cant just throw mods on it and expect tons of power. when you toss all those parts on, you need to make sure everything is compensated for by telling the brain of the car, "hey i just added a bunch of shit increasing the air being forced into the motor...please add more fuel etc". getting a reflash will free up some power plus take the mods you just put and add some power. its the right way to do things. the obvious right way would be to get kpro and get it professionally tuned. but the reflashes are great becuase they are cheaper and still get your performance.

i am with T-virus on the Megan racing header, i wouldnt get the megan one. I would snag a skunk2 header or a buddy club racing header. Check out our vendors for header options etc.

i personally like the aem and the injen the same

Passenger
10-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Reflash gives you a smoother and longer powerband (the rev limit will be adjusted to 7800). Works well and helps balance (somewhat) the air/fuel ratio after having an intake & header installed. Its a pretty good mod for <$300. I've had it for awhiel and it makes it more fun to drive.