PDA

View Full Version : EP Title Issue

mobomelter
10-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Hopefully someone from MD can chime in.....

Anyways I paid off my EP about a year ago and I never received a title that was clear of the lien. I have a notice saying that my balance was paid in full and that I should go to the MVA and get one. I did that and I received a title that still has a lien on it. The car was financed through Honda of America Financing. Anyone else have an issue and if so how did you get your real title?

cvicep3
10-26-2010, 02:32 PM
You should go to MVA and tell them to update it with your name and show no lien on the title. Oh.., even though it still show lien, but did it say you still owed or whatever?

mobomelter
10-26-2010, 03:26 PM
You should go to MVA and tell them to update it with your name and show no lien on the title. Oh.., even though it still show lien, but did it say you still owed or whatever?
I'm assuming it's just a title saying Lien as it's at my parents home and I am at school and can't look at it. I know I paid the car off.

talonXracer
10-26-2010, 03:42 PM
They could have simply updated their computer and merely had the title stamped lien release. I would check that out ASAP

mobomelter
10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
They could have simply updated their computer and merely had the title stamped lien release. I would check that out ASAP

Yeah that's my plan as I'm hoping to be in a WRX by the time snow hits.

SI in GA
10-26-2010, 06:50 PM
I also went thru Honda of America. I got my title and a letter of thanks at the same time. I would call them and ask about the status of my account. Mine came within a month of pay off.

mobomelter
10-26-2010, 07:17 PM
I also went thru Honda of America. I got my title and a letter of thanks at the same time. I would call them and ask about the status of my account. Mine came within a month of pay off.

Weird. I guess I'll have to look up the info and try and call them. Thanks.

mobomelter
10-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Update: Honda never mailed me the form saying the lien was released when I paid the car off back in 2008. They are just now mailing it after I called them. Fail.