PDA

View Full Version : Fix for Progress Rear Sway Exhaust Rattle

E-Van
10-26-2010, 02:46 PM
I found a cheap and easy fix for those of you with the rattle you get from certain exhausts (HKS) hitting the Progress rear sway bar. Use 2.5" hose clamps to compress the factory rubber exhaust hangers thus allowing the exhaust to sit up higher.

civickid03
11-03-2010, 08:40 AM
I am running the stock exhaust still but it rattles like a mofo. Will this 'hack' bring the exhaust up enough to clear stock? Thanks E-Van! This has annoyed me for years!!!!!

theyb
11-03-2010, 09:08 AM
I zip tied the rubber exhaust hangers and it still didn't clear it enough.

My question, can I remove the rubber exhaust hangers and just use clamps and zip tie? Has anyone tried a smaller or larger rubber hanger?

civickid03
11-03-2010, 09:39 AM
My exhaust hits on the back corner into the sway bar. It has been this way for years and has created a small gouge in this time, which is fine by me, but its so loud knocking all the time.

E-Van
11-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Zip ties probably aren't strong enough. I tightened the hose clamps a fair amount. As far as whether it will work for your particular setup, I don't know. But being that 2 hose clamps will cost you maybe $1, it's worth a shot.

Silvercard
11-06-2010, 04:25 PM
I done it with 2 1.5 hose clamps and it reduced the knocking much. Very less noticeable now

STP03BlueSI
11-06-2010, 04:33 PM
On the Greddy EVO1 it sits on the sway. I just attach 2 2" metal clamps and have at it. Cant go to much as the bumper will get to close.

Usually have to replace them once every 3-4 months (depending on rain, and what not).

Ill take a pic tomorrow.

theyb
11-30-2010, 06:23 AM
I will try the hose clamps. i will also try and put some foam on the sway bar and cover them up with some exhaust wrap. I will let you know if this completely removes the rattle.

Heitzke
12-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Clever little fix, I hadn't thought of this before. I'll have to give this is a shot whenever it's not -20 degrees outside

BlueCTSi
12-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I had the same problem and to fix it, I used a jack to lift the exhaust to the perfect height to clear the bar and not sit on the bumper. Then I used three zip ties on each hanger. Ran this for a few years with no problem. Make sure to use the bigger zip ties in order to avoid having to put two together and also they are much stronger.