PDA

View Full Version : Daily Driven... What do you do when your EP is down for long periods of time?

SUSHI_NE1
10-26-2010, 06:47 PM
SO EPHATCHERS... Who has there EP as a second car and doesn't daily drive it?.... Or what do you drive other than the EP?
I'm currently gonna save money to buy a swap for my EP but I am on the bus and really want to drive again, so I'm a buy a used EF somewhere and drive that till then.

Lucid Moments
10-26-2010, 06:56 PM
My EP is my track whore. My DD is currently a BMW E36 coupe, but I'm seriously considering selling it and getting a truck. I would really like a tow vehicle.

Sucka
10-26-2010, 10:51 PM
I daily drive my ep. I want to get another car as a beater though.

willy_akino
10-26-2010, 11:47 PM
when my ep3 is out of commission i drive ether my 95 windstar or my parents 01 camry

TigerBallZ
10-27-2010, 12:08 AM
I have an EP as a second car(sig car), and now I got another EP as a daily. I bought Brandoninjapan's K24A2 Greddy turbo'd EP, but now it's stock K20A3 with stock header and exhaust :) I have grown to really love these cars.

widebodyeg
10-27-2010, 12:25 AM
my EP is my daily but lately ive been driving the wifes RSX, just giving the EP a rest

Paul 631
10-27-2010, 08:02 AM
When the ep's in the shop (and it's not winter), I use the cobra...

Heitzke
10-27-2010, 08:44 AM
I've got a GT that I split daily use with. The EP is going to slowly turn into more of a race/hard street car while the mustang is going to be slowly modded to a comfortable street car. The fuel mileage sucks ass, but it's nice to drive and girls actually like it.

When the ep's in the shop (and it's not winter), I use the cobra...

Oh, Cobra you say?

trippy
10-27-2010, 08:54 AM
my daily is a honda ruckus =)

Paul 631
10-27-2010, 08:56 AM
I've got a GT that I split daily use with. The EP is going to slowly turn into more of a race/hard street car while the mustang is going to be slowly modded to a comfortable street car. The fuel mileage sucks ass, but it's nice to drive and girls actually like it.
Oh, Cobra you say?

The Si is the DD, cobra is the autox/weekend car...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/pj350/IMG_0038.jpg

Heitzke
10-27-2010, 09:23 AM
The Si is the DD, cobra is the autox/weekend car...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/pj350/IMG_0038.jpg

Oh, nice car man. I like those Cobras a lot.

Passenger
10-27-2010, 09:33 AM
ehh when the ep is down Im sol. Its happened probably 5 times now and I just have to bum rides or whatever, however I can get around. Sucks. I'd love to get an el cheapo old civic hatch or whatever as a daily though.

makavelibranded
10-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Just my civic for my dd/auto x car.

I want to pick up an older miata and race car it out for autocross aswell.

mrpotatohead
10-27-2010, 07:29 PM
i borrowed a car from a friend that bought another car that had one as a spare. i think it was a favor lol. i called it the death sled. it was a 98 black chevy cavalier that had the entire car but the driver's seat filled with trash, stained seats that had towels on them so they wouldn't stain your ass, leaked every fluid known to man to the point that you had to carry oil and tranny fluid reserve in the trunk to keep it going. the exhaust was rusted through in like 3 spots and sounded like a derby car and it actually snapped one day while driving it to work and looked like a mexican low rider sparking where it broke at the header and the muffler. the muffler hung on by a clothes hanger, the tranny slipped, the door wouldn't stay closed unless you pushed the handle down really hard from the outside when you shut the door, the trunk wouldn't stay closed unless you beat the release, the hood was so rusted through that when you tried to shut it it felt and sounded like it was going to snap off at the tip where the latch was and rained rust flakes on the front bumper. the door and the running boards were rusted through, the wheel bearings all creaked and popped, the interior lights didn't work too well, e brake was broken, and you couldn't lock the door for the fact that the only key for the car was broken off in the ignition so all you had to do was jump in and turn the ring with the tabs. now if you turned it too far back it would lock the wheel and you couldn't turn it, but it came with a screw driver and some pliers that you could use to jam the driver in the ignition and turn it with the pliers to get it started. the stereo had a drain in it that it would run the car dead unless you disconnected it when not in use and it did a couple of times to me. i charged the battery and it started to catch fire. the engine bay had a small family of either birds or mice that were living in it when i got it from him because when i popped the hood it had the fur and burrow nest inside it. but i guess it did get me from a to b...and lasted 6 months + while i did my build. when he tried to trade it in they wouldn't even take it...even for scrap lol. i will never forget that car

urthworm
10-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Ive got a 92 si snatchback with a b16, i get more people trying to race me in that thing then my ep.

socmex7
10-27-2010, 09:28 PM
ep is my daily, when she's down I get to walk :mfrown:...

Tnhatch03
10-27-2010, 09:34 PM
my 240sx

ep3k20
10-27-2010, 10:18 PM
during winter i drive a company truck (summer too depending on the job) but i switch every week between my kb cobra and the ep. both are awesome vehicles but are totally different animals in there own right so cant say i love either one more than the other except the ep handles better than the sn-95_