PDA

View Full Version : Tie Rod Ends

karxarias
10-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know of anyone who makes these other than J's racing? I just had coilovers installed and now my tie-rod ends are just barely long enough so I need replacement tie rod ends that are longer than stock.

I've done a fair bit of searching and I've only been able to come across J's racing, T1R and DC5 tie rod ends. Problem is that J's racing tie rod ends are $400, T1R has discontinued the product and DC5 tie rod ends apparently have ball joints that are too big for EP3 suspension.

Anyone know of any other company making longer than stock tie-rod ends for the EP that is cheaper than the J's racing ones? If so who and where could I buy them?

talonXracer
10-27-2010, 10:43 AM
I have taken a tapered boring bit and opened up the smaller taper of the EP3 steering arms to fit the taper of the DC5S tierod ends.

27rocks
10-27-2010, 10:58 AM
I have taken a tapered boring bit and opened up the smaller taper of the EP3 steering arms to fit the taper of the DC5S tierod ends.

lol tottaly something i would do too.

karxarias
10-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Is this something a typical import type tuning shop should be able to do? How strong would those tie-rod ends be versus the J's racing ones? I've read that having the car lowered puts a lot more wear and tear on the tie-rod ends so I wanna make sure they aren't going to snap on me or something when driving aggressively!