PDA

View Full Version : us spec fogs & type r bumper

AKAahlecks
10-28-2010, 03:21 AM
sighh.... so i bought fogs off ebay not knowing there was much of a difference in the lower grill between the usdm bumper and jdm. so i started cutting away the part of the lower grille where youre supposed to mount the fogs. later on, found out the fogs were waaaayyyyyy too big =/ so instead of leaving the holes there (they looked tacky to me) i cut out the whole lower grille (please dont bag on meee!!) now, question is, how do i go about mounting the fogs? and.. "fixing" per se my grille problem (if it is a problem)?

and yes, i do, really do regret cutting it. at all. blah! sadface.

Distance
10-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Good job ruining a jdm bumper. I've gotten the us spec fogs to work on a jdm bumper by tryin to source out the jdm fog housing. But then again I have jdm clear fogs anyways.

Can't fix the lower portion grill once you cut it.

usedep3
10-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Good job ruining a jdm bumper. I've gotten the us spec fogs to work on a jdm bumper by tryin to source out the jdm fog housing. But then again I have jdm clear fogs anyways.

this

you're pretty much SOL. you should've just trimmed the shrouds. pics of the damage you did to the bumper please

AKAahlecks
10-28-2010, 05:58 PM

damn thats harsh... and sigh.. yeah i figured so.

this

you're pretty much SOL. you should've just trimmed the shrouds. pics of the damage you did to the bumper please

and ill probably take pictures later. but ill get them up for sure

Distance
10-28-2010, 06:07 PM
damn thats harsh... and sigh.. yeah i figured so.

and ill probably take pictures later. but ill get them up for sure

well just remember jdm bumpers goes for 700-800 brand new from showstopper. if u can find it used then it usually goes from 300-600 depending on condition and who ur buying from. if anything u can get lucky and find it cheaper if u know someone. should of just left the cut outs like it was and wait it out. or at least try to trim the housing lol.

yea, you made a mistake but its a huge one lol. well to me personally i believe its a huge/expensive mistake. but if your not anal about it then oh wells life goes on.

should of just gotten rid of that gay ebay fog light lol.

AKAahlecks
10-28-2010, 08:30 PM
well just remember jdm bumpers goes for 700-800 brand new from showstopper. if u can find it used then it usually goes from 300-600 depending on condition and who ur buying from. if anything u can get lucky and find it cheaper if u know someone. should of just left the cut outs like it was and wait it out. or at least try to trim the housing lol.

yea, you made a mistake but its a huge one lol. well to me personally i believe its a huge/expensive mistake. but if your not anal about it then oh wells life goes on.

should of just gotten rid of that gay ebay fog light lol.

yeah, thats true. thanks for droppin the knowledge. im not TOO anal about it. it kinda bums me out, but to me its not TOO bad. sigh... well.. thats that i suppose. what do you guys think i should do about the fogs? other than to get rid of them. i mean.. is there another way to mount them? like suspend them from the rebar? or..

EDIT: its just the lower grille that i cut out. its not THAT bad is it? ill take pictures tomorrow afternoon or something. all i have is my 2mp camera phone

Distance
10-28-2010, 08:44 PM
yeah, thats true. thanks for droppin the knowledge. im not TOO anal about it. it kinda bums me out, but to me its not TOO bad. sigh... well.. thats that i suppose. what do you guys think i should do about the fogs? other than to get rid of them. i mean.. is there another way to mount them? like suspend them from the rebar? or..

EDIT: its just the lower grille that i cut out. its not THAT bad is it? ill take pictures tomorrow afternoon or something. all i have is my 2mp camera phone

zipties?

MOOGEN
10-28-2010, 09:44 PM
^^LOL Your harsh man!

OP you could always sell it for cheaper and recoup the difference on a new jdm bumper.