PDA

View Full Version : Engine Bay Hose

Allamon13
10-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Can anyone tell me the purpose of the hose that goes from the valve cover to the intake? I've seen pictures of some not being used in clean engine bays. Also what about the hose that sort of "grabs" the other hose what exactly is its purpose?

talonXracer
10-29-2010, 11:12 AM
The hose from the VC to the mani is the VC breather. For show they can be removed, but reinstall it when you drive.

the hose that grabs the other hose,,,,,,,,,,hmmmm,,, I think you may be referring to the section on the breather tube right next to the VC?, If so, that is a heater section. This heats the air and helps prevent condensation from forming within the engine. The air does not go directly into the engine, consider the airmass traveling down the breather tube like this, it goes in 1 inch, then back out 1/2", in 1", out 1/2" slowly traveling into the engine.

Allamon13
10-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Ya i didnt know how to describe it lol. Its the hose that basically clamps the VC breather in the shape of a U. I've seen many pics without those sets of hoses also.

talonXracer
10-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Yep that is the heater section.

Having just a filter there will cause condensation to form within the engine.

raymancouldbe
11-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Having the lil filter, the stock hose and the heater would be an ok setup? I just recently took my airbox out and was wondering if this would be an issue down the road.