PDA

View Full Version : Adivice on springs PLEASE

StreetAddict89
10-30-2010, 10:58 AM
So im currently looking to buy some lowering springs for my ep3..I was looking to chose either the skunk2 lowering springs with a 2-2.5 drop or some Tein H.Tech Lowering springs with a 1 inch drop..Any suggestions or other recommendations?

jh604
10-30-2010, 11:12 AM
if your just going to lower it on stock shocks they will blow very very quickly. BOTOH what drop are you looking for?

StreetAddict89
10-30-2010, 11:21 AM
if your just going to lower it on stock shocks they will blow very very quickly. BOTOH what drop are you looking for?

not looking for a look so much as trying to make the tire gap smaller..i didnt know i had to get new shocks when replacing springs.. should i just get coilovers instead?

Draw7Seven
10-30-2010, 11:52 AM
not looking for a look so much as trying to make the tire gap smaller..i didnt know i had to get new shocks when replacing springs.. should i just get coilovers instead?

Many choose coilovers for the ease of having one full piece to install. I wouldn't drop the car 2-2.5 inches if you just want to decrease the gap, it's gonna fuck your handling completely without a LOT of supporting modification. Moderate drops are more manageable for a DD.

StreetAddict89
10-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Many choose coilovers for the ease of having one full piece to install. I wouldn't drop the car 2-2.5 inches if you just want to decrease the gap, it's gonna fuck your handling completely without a LOT of supporting modification. Moderate drops are more manageable for a DD.

ok..i'll prolly just go with coilovers then..probably the raceland coilovers..they're not to pricey..thanks

jh604
10-30-2010, 03:12 PM
ill go with front and rear camber kits just to be on the safe side. for the front you can get a camber bolt or a camber plate.