PDA

View Full Version : Some ws2 questions

Tortoise
11-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Tired of my car bein sooo loud and the exhaust sitting sooo low. I have the megan drift spec on the car now. Im thinkin of pickin up the ws2. My friends tellin me ill lose a lot of power because of the smaller piping and te huge resonator. Anybody runnin this catback? I cant find any good videos online. All the cars have a raceheader which make it soooo raspy. Is the exhaust raspy with the cat in? Also will i lose power? And does it sit low? Input and videos would be appreciated veryyy much. Thanks a lot guys!

talonXracer
11-01-2010, 06:08 AM
Remove the cat and all of the fart can exhausts are raspy.

I had a catless DC sports single can exhaust, (basically the exact same as the HK$ exhaust) with a race header and it was very loud and obnoxious as expected. After continual harassment by the man, I decided a change was needed. I added a Car-Sound spun heavy metal core cat, slim Vibrant resonator, and a Hytech loop muffler. This greatly reduced the sound levels and gained significant power in the mid and low end with minor gains up top.

The only commercially available loop exhaust is from mugen.

EPo3Hatch
11-01-2010, 08:38 AM
I have the apexi ws2 and I really like it. It is very quiet, running it with stock cat and headers. It looks nice and the piping is much bigger than stock( 3x). The piping itself tucks with the floorboard and doesnt hang low. It has a very low sound, and is not raspy compared to other exhausts I've owned. (HKS, Apexi N1). It looks the best in my opinion. The only downfall I had was finding one at a reasonable price. Goodluck with whatever you go with!

heyvortek
11-01-2010, 08:44 AM
apexi ws2 is the best exhaust i ever had. sounds sooooo sexy. i nearly jizzed myself when i heard it. it is quieter than stock. i had no problem when i was boosted. the fuel was my problem. unless ur trying to get 400hp then ws2 is one of the best catbacks. the noir is nice as well and has a very stealth look to it.

Distance
11-01-2010, 09:22 AM
i have a ws2. its raspy only when i gun it at the higher rpm but it isnt like annoying. i gotta ask my friends how it sounds but its very quiet an most of the cops that pulls me over assume its stock. the midpipe does not hang low.

compared to my hks i felt like i lost some power. i feel more restricted. mind you im also boosted and running a race header.

another alternative for a quiet exhaust is running a greddy sp2.

Tortoise
11-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the input guys. My main concern is losing power going from my 2.5 inch megan drift spec with a small resonator to this. What do you guys think? Will it be noticeable?

AKEP
11-01-2010, 05:04 PM
isnt the ws2 2.5 too?

im about to buy one for xmas...

Distance
11-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the input guys. My main concern is losing power going from my 2.5 inch megan drift spec with a small resonator to this. What do you guys think? Will it be noticeable?

noticeable on top end only. should just run a custom vibrant set up like superchargek20. he has a nice set up lol

isnt the ws2 2.5 too?

im about to buy one for xmas...

AKEP
11-01-2010, 05:14 PM
oh, close enough. 3.5mm difference.

Tortoise
11-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Fuck i don't wanna lose any topenddd

heyvortek
11-01-2010, 10:52 PM
any bigger than 2.5 then the midpipe will be close to the group. i had a 3' pipe and it was nearly touching the ground. gotta give a lil to get a lil. get a custom 2.5 midpipe and like a obx twin loop axelback if u wanna save and sound quiet...

eastsiderider
11-02-2010, 12:58 AM
A friend of mine used to have the ws2....it was ok, not for me though. It was very quiet. Personally, I have a Buddy Club Pro Spec..............not exactly quiet, but I wouldnt own any other setup.

integrictuner
11-02-2010, 02:08 PM
the ws2 is one of the reasons i bought my car loved the way it sounded, until a couple of months later the muffler fell off due to rusty welds, i wanted to buy another one until i noticed all the welds looked that rusty. Thats when i decided to go stainless i now have a dc shorty header, rsx s cat, rsx s megan oe midpipe, and a megan oe muffler sounds just as good and wont rot out. :)

Tortoise
11-02-2010, 02:38 PM
the ws2 is one of the reasons i bought my car loved the way it sounded, until a couple of months later the muffler fell off due to rusty welds, i wanted to buy another one until i noticed all the welds looked that rusty. Thats when i decided to go stainless i now have a dc shorty header, rsx s cat, rsx s megan oe midpipe, and a megan oe muffler sounds just as good and wont rot out. :)

Im glad you mentioned that. Nj loves puttin down 3 feet of salt for every half inch of snow so i think ill pass on the worldsport now. Ill jus grab a silencer for mine.