PDA

View Full Version : Boosted cars FTL

cronicEP
11-02-2010, 04:52 AM
So I like how boosted guys always mess with the N/A guys. Like they have to mess with the all motor guys to make their dicks feel bigger. Sorry to all the legit boosted guys who only run with other boosted vehicles. Plus I frown apon street racing. Story,

Driving to school this morning, boosted eclipse merges on the highway. Not the all wheel drive eclipse, maybe a spyder. I can tell it's boosted with it's mini FMIC. I'm in the slow lane, traffic ahead of us and he pulls beside me and starts letting off his BOV. Like fuck don't you have anything better to do at 7:45 in the morning, I don't, so I let him hear my supercharger with a mini pull of my own. Eclipse backs out and I tail him just to make him feel bad. Get off the exit and eclipse makes a pull to at least 120 mph. Wow what a ricer boosted fag.

End rant.

cliff notes. Boosted eclipse messes with SC k24 thinking it's all motor, Eclipse backs off after I open the SC. Eclipse makes a pull after the EP exits the interstate. Ricer fag...FML

Kerby
11-02-2010, 04:55 AM
we call that "Ricer Fly-by" in my neck of the woods.

tru3aznplayaz
11-02-2010, 06:00 AM
ricer/wanna be racers, thats how accident happens..people dont know how to act on the streets..

superd16girl
11-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Maybe its DSM guys... My ex had a boosted eclipse and it seemed he did the same thing... It's like they want to remind themselves that their car is boosted...

RotaryGreg
11-02-2010, 09:37 AM
It's like they want to remind themselves that their car is boosted...

yeah, before the next imminent engine failure. lol

showoff3civic
11-02-2010, 09:58 AM
your out of your mind! its not just boosted cars... I have the best of both worlds but its the driver not the car

k20hatch
11-02-2010, 10:17 AM
its def not just boosted cars...shit when im out in my STOCK ass tsx i have dudes reving and flooring it on my all the time. Its stupid..keep it on the track! Ive been through a street racing ticket when i was younger! If you wanna lose alot of money and mabey your car to screw it go ahead and race your 120hp 4cyl. around the streets!

heyvortek
11-02-2010, 11:08 AM
at least u get the cool bov sound with boosted cars. i got picked on all the time wen i was boosted. wait til the summer kyle. call me up when some says sumthn bad about ep3 and i will give them a lil taste of ep3 :)

urthworm
11-02-2010, 02:28 PM
I go out looking for boosted cars in my n/a setup.. if i get them from a dig or first gear roll they arent catching me for a minute.

Lucid Moments
11-02-2010, 02:41 PM
We can't help it if the all motor guys are wimps that can't handle real powa:mcool:

Seriously though I just ignore them most of the time. Every once in a while though one of them will catch me in the right (or wrong, depending) mood:mangel:

cronicEP
11-02-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm thinking about going all stock again...like the day i got it...keep the k24, wheels, and suspension. No more boosted drama.

I know its not the car its the driver but i can't tell you how many times when i was NA that srt4's and boostd hatches would bov at me. Thats one of the reasons that i went SC so that they wouldn't know until it was too late. I've taken many srt4's and boostd couples and hatches. I think I've had my fun with boost. Time for an old buick.

Stubby
11-02-2010, 03:14 PM
its def not just boosted cars...shit when im out in my STOCK ass tsx i have dudes reving and flooring it on my all the time. Its stupid..keep it on the track! Ive been through a street racing ticket when i was younger! If you wanna lose alot of money and mabey your car to screw it go ahead and race your 120hp 4cyl. around the streets!

Ummmmm, back from the dead are we????????

STP03BlueSI
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
I like the SRT-4..Neon..Skittle fucks that talk trash...Fuck straight lines, how about I own3d you in the corners?

STP03BlueSI
11-02-2010, 03:56 PM

He has been trollin.

Tortoise
11-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Lol dont be scared of gsts. My buddy had one with some work done and be wouldnt get me until the top of second and all i have is i/h/e and reflash. But im agree that does get annoying.

STP03BlueSI
11-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Lol dont be scared of gsts. My buddy had one with some work done and be wouldnt get me until the top of second and all i have is i/h/e and reflash. But im agree that does get annoying.

Ever ask him if he enjoys walking his crank.

RotaryGreg
11-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Ever ask him if he enjoys walking his crank.

obligaory crank walk pic :mbiggrin:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/Evaristo.Jo/SMarDNC_YoI/AAAAAAAAALs/s5srq9OVpyw/s800/crankwalk.jpg

for the record, the op is bitching about ricer flybys but i dont see how what you did is any better...if anything its worse because you let him egg you on and then you did something stupid. yes, what he did is ultimately more rediculous and unsafe and all that, but giving in and givng them a taste isnt helping it any. now that guy saw he can get a rise out of people and goes down the road and does it to the next guy and so on.

SandBagger
11-02-2010, 05:11 PM
OG's don't do fly-by's

cronicEP
11-02-2010, 06:02 PM
obligaory crank walk pic :mbiggrin:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/Evaristo.Jo/SMarDNC_YoI/AAAAAAAAALs/s5srq9OVpyw/s800/crankwalk.jpg

for the record, the op is bitching about ricer flybys but i dont see how what you did is any better...if anything its worse because you let him egg you on and then you did something stupid. yes, what he did is ultimately more rediculous and unsafe and all that, but giving in and givng them a taste isnt helping it any. now that guy saw he can get a rise out of people and goes down the road and does it to the next guy and so on.

No intent to run, I'm over street racing. Not bitching about ricer flybys. My rant was on how boostd cars mess with NA cars to get a hard on, it never fails. It's like fighting a heavy weight veteran against a middle weight beginner. No point in the race, why try to provoke. Let me guess your boostd too? just saying, or maybe the DSM was acknowledging me and letting me know i have a nice car. Then again we are the redheaded step child of Honda. FML. I quit ephatch

Distance
11-02-2010, 06:35 PM
how about n/a cars picking on boosted cars? lol alot of older model hondas tries to run me. with there bolt on b18 or b16 lol. even a stock single cam.

RotaryGreg
11-02-2010, 06:46 PM
No intent to run, I'm over street racing. Not bitching about ricer flybys. My rant was on how boostd cars mess with NA cars to get a hard on, it never fails. It's like fighting a heavy weight veteran against a middle weight beginner. No point in the race, why try to provoke. Let me guess your boostd too? just saying, or maybe the DSM was acknowledging me and letting me know i have a nice car. Then again we are the redheaded step child of Honda. FML. I quit ephatch

lmao. you crack me up man.

no im not boosted. totally stock (just got it). but i used to drive an rx8 and let me tell you soemthing about being hastled like this. unfortunately everyone in my area seems to think that rx8s are like an evolution of FD rx7s and you are constantly being hastled. first weekend i had that car i had 2 different middle aged guys in corvettes try to race me. then one time at a car wash some 50 year old d-bag in yellow viper pulled into the parking lot, did a really lame donut and peeled out of the lot again. lol. and anyone thats ever read a car magazine knows rx8s arent a fast car. quickish yes...but fast, hell no. why try and run one with a corvette? its a guaranteed win. you think you put this other guy to shame and you feel better about your smaller than average penis.

i guess i missed the point of your thread though. i thought you were mad about the flyby thing primarily not the BOV thing. I used to love obnoxious loud BOVs but soemthing like that gets old fast. even after driving a few customers cars with them on (mazdaspeed 3s with HKS BOVs) im totally over it. I really prefer the stock discrete diverter valve. it sounds cooler and its nice and quite so only you hear it and only when you are listening for it.

in any case, the sound of a hard spool is way cooler than a BOV any day. the BOV says the party is over. the spooling is the suspense that makes it so much fun. plus a nasty loud BOV makes a cops head swivel like nothing else. lol

SandBagger
11-02-2010, 07:08 PM
pick your battles man...Or follow him to a good spot and show him up

IBx1
11-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I think I've had my fun with boost. Time for an old buick.

Go for a Regal GS and you can turbo it, or get what I had('95 Riviera) and scream your balls off with that Eaton supercharger!

k20hatch
11-02-2010, 09:33 PM

ya im here man! and ill be here..haha

makavelibranded
11-03-2010, 12:42 AM
I hate ricers all of them,.. I drive my car as transportation daily, I drive spirited sometimes, and the only time I race is when its legal,.. I find it much more satisfing being in a legit competition esspecially knowing they all agree racing on the street you look like an asshole and I dont want to be that guy.

Ive had fuckers in all of the above fly by me, rev at me, peel out ect ect and I ignore them, I dont have a small penis and have nothing to prove, I built my car to satisfy only myself.

Im boosted BTW.

04EP3Hatch
11-03-2010, 04:19 AM
Maybe its DSM guys... My ex had a boosted eclipse and it seemed he did the same thing... It's like they want to remind themselves that their car is boosted...

dude if there is one thing i love it's when people do that shit to me. i do street race, and when someone does shit like that to me whether theyre in an f430 or a grand caravan, get ready to do a pull lol i had a guy in a 5.7 gto do that to me at a light with his girlfreind in the car laughing at what he was doing, he revved at me, i two stepped and all he heard was BRAAPPP-WEEEE-WEEEE-WEEEE-WEEEE-WEEEE and his look changed, and when the light went green i thinkkkkk his girlfriend wanted to hop in my car lol you gotta shut them up sometime man. you should have reminded him his turblow is this big: <0> lol and you shoulda told him to put a leash on that crank that shit wanders sio much

DrZfInEsT
11-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Sounds like a gtimportfanatic fly by hehe

Kerby
11-03-2010, 04:48 AM
Sounds like a gtimportfanatic fly by hehe

:ohsnap:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

showoff3civic
11-03-2010, 04:53 AM
I'm thinking about going all stock again...like the day i got it...keep the k24, wheels, and suspension. No more boosted drama.

I know its not the car its the driver but i can't tell you how many times when i was NA that srt4's and boostd hatches would bov at me. Thats one of the reasons that i went SC so that they wouldn't know until it was too late. I've taken many srt4's and boostd couples and hatches. I think I've had my fun with boost. Time for an old buick.

I have always been scared by boostd couples

SandBagger
11-03-2010, 05:43 AM
I hear ya. I don't go around beating the hell out of car that gets me to work. I don't have $10,000 to swap another K into a EG. My Ep3 cost me $15,000

RotaryGreg
11-03-2010, 03:33 PM

lol, i noticed that but decided to take the high road and not poke fun at humorous spelling mistakes.

but yes, boostd couples are what keep me in fear of street racing. lmao

superd16girl
11-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Ya it is everyone... Minivan's have tried to act all pimp shit next to me. It's peoples cocky, big ass heads...

ep3k20
11-03-2010, 05:31 PM
i never pick races with any person in either of my boosted cars until the said person decides they want to f$%k with me to which i feel i am obligated to give it to them back. I never built my ep nor the cobra to go out and beat every car that was n/a or even other turbod/ S/C cars. So to say that it seems like all FI guys pick on N/A cars is not completly true,to say least. I gve probs to a lot of cars that are N/A that totally spank either one of my boosted cars because (flame suit on) i feel nitrous, or FI is a easy and effective way to bump HP numbers higher than a person building a motor up just to run it staight from the mill. you know how many people try and race my 67 mustang andloose that are boosted? lol its all in how you look at it,boosted guys mess with N/A guys and still get there ass beat too.
in addition just be proud of what you have made your car to be (even if stock) because you had a choice to buy something that was much faster or better but we all chose a ep because it holds a special place in our hearts. who cares what your car or his car or her car looses too because first off street racing is dumb anyway and second there is ALWAYS someone faster out there than you......but look at it this way, our ep's can beat 70% (maybe more) of stock cars on the street and that in itself makes my pee pee tingle.......or it's the clap......either way

cronicEP
11-03-2010, 07:41 PM

Haha thats funny, I didn't see that till now. It scarier when theres three of them.

I think it's also funny when older NA hondas beat boosted cars. It happens, it's not norm but it does. I've seen a built GSR EG beat srt4s like nothing, and a type R EG beat a cobalt ss, evo, and sti. Oh and a JDM b16 crx spank a b20 SC ek.

Im not hating on boosted cars by anymeans, hell I'm boosted. Just saying that I dont go out and try to race every car that has wheels and paint on it to make my confidence a mile high. Sure I'm SC'd but I keep to myself and try to stay away from street racing.

To rotaryGreg, I hear you about the Rx8, I have a cousin that has one and it's very nice. I like it, but not enough to pump premium gas for shitty MPG. Yes it is RWD with a decent output, but Mazda should have up the anty a bit with at least a turbo version.

BlownSi05
11-04-2010, 05:20 AM
Yeah I understand the type, but it really is not just boosted cars. I used to get a lot of N/A domestics and imports do this with me when I was in the EP. Sometimes it was just because they wanted to see what I had under the hood. Most of the time though, especially with the domestic guys and the Japanese "muscle car" guys (i.e. 350/370Z, Supra, RX-7/8, etc.), they were just trying to prove their superiority for some reason. Most of them were serious assholes and ended up being called out by friends and I at meets from time to time. What I have noticed is that the people who are actually fast, say running mid-10's or lower, usually do not have this kind of attitude. Most of the guys I hang out with belong to this group for that simple fact, even though I am slow...lol. I got this even in the Shelby, but only from 3 people, a Greddy small TT 350Z, a modded bug-eye WRX, and a stock Ram SRT-10 truck. All got their feelings hurt pretty bad, and since then no one has really messed with me...lol.:mangel::mbiggrin:

cronicEP
11-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Yeah I understand the type, but it really is not just boosted cars. I used to get a lot of N/A domestics and imports do this with me when I was in the EP. Sometimes it was just because they wanted to see what I had under the hood. Most of the time though, especially with the domestic guys and the Japanese "muscle car" guys (i.e. 350/370Z, Supra, RX-7/8, etc.), they were just trying to prove their superiority for some reason. Most of them were serious assholes and ended up being called out by friends and I at meets from time to time. What I have noticed is that the people who are actually fast, say running mid-10's or lower, usually do not have this kind of attitude. Most of the guys I hang out with belong to this group for that simple fact, even though I am slow...lol. I got this even in the Shelby, but only from 3 people, a Greddy small TT 350Z, a modded bug-eye WRX, and a stock Ram SRT-10 truck. All got their feelings hurt pretty bad, and since then no one has really messed with me...lol.:mangel::mbiggrin:

That is very true about drivers who are actually fast, they tend to not have the "I want to race every car i see" additude. That being said not everyone can run mid 10's and low 11's, thats the group that hassle every car they see. I guess you can't get rid of them and i definetly don't want to join them, so, maybe thats a good sign to not give in and ignore them. It's hard to ignore when people believe that your shit is slow and want to prove their balls are bigger.

BlownSi05
11-04-2010, 09:27 AM
That is very true about drivers who are actually fast, they tend to not have the "I want to race every car i see" additude. That being said not everyone can run mid 10's and low 11's, thats the group that hassle every car they see. I guess you can't get rid of them and i definetly don't want to join them, so, maybe thats a good sign to not give in and ignore them. It's hard to ignore when people believe that your shit is slow and want to prove their balls are bigger.

Yeah they will always be around in some form or fashion. I have reached that point of just ignoring it for the most part. The real stupid ones try that crap in the middle of city roads with heavy traffic, and I just look at them like they are stupid. On an open road like the interstate with minimum traffic, like late at night, I don't see any problem with a little fun, though. I guess the thing that really scares me the most about the people with that attitude is whether or not they can actually handle what they get when they mash the accelrator pedal down to the floor.

SandBagger
11-04-2010, 09:59 AM
after doing schools at NASA/SCAA events I stopped driving stupid. I unterstand how hard it is to control a tire blow out at 80mph..lol

cronicEP
11-04-2010, 12:24 PM
I've drove one event with NASA at atlanta, now that is fun.

heyvortek
11-04-2010, 01:01 PM
just gota know when and who to pick the fight with. i dont mind a highway run once in a while. i only race ppl who arent stupid. just race for rep not for money

RotaryGreg
11-04-2010, 01:53 PM
To rotaryGreg, I hear you about the Rx8, I have a cousin that has one and it's very nice. I like it, but not enough to pump premium gas for shitty MPG. Yes it is RWD with a decent output, but Mazda should have up the anty a bit with at least a turbo version.

exactly man. you nailed it. however that car really came alive at the track. it could put up with more torture than i could. i would go out for 30 mins at a time and i would need a break but the car wasnt hurting at all. the brakes never overheated (only a few of my firends running slicks were able to get their stock brakes to this point). the engine temps never moved. one time i was able to get the tires past their useful temp and that was because i was trying to run down my friend who was on slicks (and i couldnt understand why he was untouchable so i kept pushing, ended up dropping a wheel off the track before i realized he was on slicks. lol).

so yeah, the car is a nightmare for a DD. underpowered as all get out concidering the fuel consumption and appearance. but on the track, its absolutely perfect. I had a nice suspension setup...but even stock they are the only car i would feel comfortable raggin on at the track for hours on end. actually an s2000 would be okay too. haha. we had a former rx8club member come with us once with an s2000 and he said it was the same thing. the car would put up with it all day long (plus look better, gets better mileage on the drive there and starts well in cold weather, lol).

oh and 02sik24a2 , you have a good point. I have to admit i did like to tear up the twisties on public roads (without other cars around) on occassion before i went to the track. after my first track experience i found driving spirited on the roads just wasnt fun or worth it anymore. You cant get even close to the edge of your cars limits (accept in a straight line which doesnt do it for me) without definitly crashing. I cant wait to take my SIR to the track with my rx8 friends to see what happens. lol. hopefully i'll have a k20a2 or something by then so they cant make fun of my week redline. lol

BlownSi05
11-05-2010, 05:04 AM
I have heard the RX-8 is a blast on a road course. I agree they should have done a turbo version though.

SandBagger
11-05-2010, 05:26 AM
I've drove one event with NASA at atlanta, now that is fun.

We are getting set up fot VIR next Feb. The cars in my crew and we do give ride alongs.

01 DC2 ITR JRSC SC K20A - Hytech header/3" thermal/ IPS KSC cams etc.

92 EG K20a

90 CRX JRSC SCB18C5

I hope to see many Honda Ariel Atoms, cup BMW, cup Z06, and this tricked out CTS with a Nascar engine in ot

94 EG K20A2

240 Nissan Fully built Skyline Swap