PDA

View Full Version : Saggy sun visor

Aaron_in_MO
11-02-2010, 05:13 PM
My driver-side sun visor sags pretty bad when I push it forward toward the windshield. Anyone know a fix, or will I just have to buy a new visor?

Also, if you can tell me how to take it off so I can inspect it, that'd be great.

RHCP0801
11-02-2010, 05:42 PM
your gonna need a new one, at the hinge there is a cover with a split down the middle. Take a small flat head and stick it in between and pop it off, be careful not to scratch it. Underneath that cover are two torx screws, i believe you can use a flathead also to take them out

Rasy
11-10-2010, 01:00 PM
For future reference, if anyone (like me) needs a new visor, Majestic sells them here:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=ROOF+LINING

Thanks for the installation walkthrough, RHCP!

Aaron_in_MO
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the link, Rasy!

Aaron_in_MO
11-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Got my visor today and installed it. Getting that cover off was a PITA until I popped it from the inside, rather than the end facing me.

My EP3 is an '02, so it looks like they upgraded the vinyl and padding sometime after that, because the new one is slightly thicker and more cushioned. They don't look mis-matched in the car, but if you put two directly against each other, there's definitely a difference.