PDA

View Full Version : My car is FU**ed

2k2civicSi
12-14-2002, 01:54 PM
OK yesterday i was driving home from work and thought my car felt a little slugesh. So when i got home i looked at my intake and relize my filter had warped from heat. I took of the intake to take a look at it and i couldnt get the breather hose off, and when i was pulling on it the hose that runs over it pulled off and shot i guess green coolent on my face. Any ways i took of the intake reconected the hoses took a look at the filter and put it back in. today i go to start my car and the check engine lite is on. i checked my oil it was really low. I put oil in it restarted it and the light is still on. im not sure whats wrong i put more ant'freeze in it and clean the spilled off my tranny.

any ideas???
mods i/h/e o2bks ground kit and short shifter

2k2civicSi
12-14-2002, 02:21 PM
any one

IceD out N CALI
12-14-2002, 03:43 PM
scary, I'd try not to drive it and take it to the dealer first thing on monday

ballsdeep
12-14-2002, 03:49 PM
I know its not listed with your mods but just to be clear you still have a factory intake or have you swapped it for aftermarket.

ssvr6
12-14-2002, 04:42 PM
Yeah, what intake is it?

Steve

2k2civicSi
12-14-2002, 04:45 PM
aem sri

Glix2
12-14-2002, 04:58 PM
Dude I hope you saved your stock airbox.....

2k2civicSi
12-14-2002, 05:00 PM
you think i should put it back on i dont think it has any thing to do with the intake its still filtering fine its just warped a little bit

IceD out N CALI
12-14-2002, 05:05 PM
maybe you should put on your stock airbox

FailureToStop
12-14-2002, 05:05 PM
I think what he is saying is that if you take it in for a warranty repair, you will get less hassle from the dealer if you have the factory part on.

If you have the AEM on, while it may not have caused the problem, the dealer can make an issue of it. So, why give the dealer ammo to shoot your case with?

Glix2
12-14-2002, 05:23 PM
Exactly and it's not like it's hard to swap them in and out. Plus you might as well send back the AEM while it's off I'm sure they will replace it for free.

STP03BlueSI
12-14-2002, 07:58 PM
I work for a dealership, and if any aftermarket parts r on a warrenty car, they will not touch it. So ur best bet is put ur stock airbox on. and to your Engine light bein on, that is 2 things your PCV valve is messed up or your EGR. (When the check engine light is on a saturn turns on those are the 2 most posible ones)

Hope all goes well

TrippZ
12-15-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
I work for a dealership, and if any aftermarket parts r on a warrenty car, they will not touch it. So ur best bet is put ur stock airbox on. and to your Engine light bein on, that is 2 things your PCV valve is messed up or your EGR. (When the check engine light is on a saturn turns on those are the 2 most posible ones)

Hope all goes well

uhhhhh thats BS. if you have after market parts, they have to prove that it's the cause of a problem.

dannysi
12-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI

Hope all goes well

A dealer is not going to tell you that they won't touch a car b/c you put aftermarket parts on it. What they will do is tell you that the prob your are having is due to the aftermarket product and that it is not covered under warranty and will have to pay out of pocket for the repairs.

My suggestion, put the factory airbox in and take it in. If anything is wrong(Hopefully Not) it should be covered by your warr.

You might just need the ECU reseted thats all.

Alcoholic
12-15-2002, 08:12 PM
why dont you reset your ecu ? that should take care of it.

nickw252
12-16-2002, 08:51 AM
Yes definantly reset the ECU and make sure all fluids are right. I had a problem when my VTEC wasnt engaging on a really cold day after I had been stuck in the snow and spinning the tires for a while, I reset the ECU and it took care of it.