PDA

View Full Version : I need help with the fuel filter...

lhhs0102
11-09-2010, 04:07 PM
hey guys so today i was driving my car just turned off and i did rev uit up high but the thing is that lately i havent been putting gas too often and been driving on empty too many times. and now i thing it clogged up to the point where it doesnt start so my good guess is that is that and i was wondering if anyone knows how to change it so i can try and do it myself....

beefed88
11-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Does your fuel pump turn on and prime the system? the fuel filter is on the pump which is accessed through a floor plate. I don't know if we have a ref port on the fuel rail but you could check for pressure there.

lhhs0102
11-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Just found out its the fuel pump I got That now time to replace. ..

Does your fuel pump turn on and prime the system? the fuel filter is on the pump which is accessed through a floor plate. I don't know if we have a ref port on the fuel rail but you could check for pressure there.

talonXracer
11-14-2010, 11:59 AM
In tank fuel pumps are LIQUID COOLED, continually running the car with under 1/4-1/8 tank will destroy fuel pumps.

showoff3civic
11-15-2010, 08:29 AM
lucky honda fuel pumps are easy to pull out... I had to get a high flow pump with the stage 2 cams

beatfiend
11-18-2010, 05:54 PM
This may sound stupid but if the fuel pump is out it won't even pump gas to start right?

02ES1
12-17-2010, 12:53 AM
Usually, sometimes they can just be on their way out and still sort of work to start your car and drive at low speeds. Then it will fall on it's face when you try to punch it or go fast.

Project Yellow
12-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Mine went bad, and it wouldnt prime at all when i started the car. The fuel pump is located underneath your back seat dead center. Remove your back seat and its alot easier to hear it prime when you try and start the car if you don't know what sound your looking for.

Fuel pumps super easy to get out and replace... except they're pricey!