PDA

View Full Version : Rim opinionsss

Garrett
11-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Okayyy.. so i have skunk2 coilovers.. I like deep dish rims, but at the same time i like jdm styling too.. Kinda leaning towards cpr's/ rota track r's... Anyone done that? If so can you throw some pics on here and if you don't think those would look good.. give me some suggestions :mbiggrin: oh btw my ep is nhbp if that helps :mcool:

27rocks
11-09-2010, 10:22 PM
I googled it and what do you know.. right on the first page too and all i did was copy and paste the word "cpr's" you wrote and added wheels lol. I personally don't like them. Oh and those are definitely not a deep dish style wheel. I think you have it confused with the lip.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4197/amer2h.jpg

powdbyrice
11-09-2010, 11:36 PM
one of the socal guys (ton?) had silver cprs on a vbp and was DUMPT.

edit: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?47169-JJT-meet-jim-jon-ton!-lt-3&highlight=

der3k
11-10-2010, 09:38 AM
CPR's FTW! Do it. Or get some white Te37s.

urthworm
11-10-2010, 09:40 AM
I like that rim but it looks really small on the ep.. or are those 16s?

Rasy
11-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Off-topic, but wow, the red at night looks really good!

Garrett
11-10-2010, 01:10 PM
See unfortunately i'm really poor haha, so i have to get rotas.. so either track r's or grids until i can afford something nice :(

27rocks
11-10-2010, 01:17 PM
See unfortunately i'm really poor haha, so i have to get rotas.. so either track r's or grids until i can afford something nice :(

Then why even waste your money on something you are going to replace? IMO i would rather spend a little extra on a better set of tires and have fun driving the car instead of just looking at it.

Garrett
11-10-2010, 06:18 PM
See but with rotas, i can scratch it and be like oh who cares.. if i had real cpr's then i'd scratch them and be like fuck i just spent 2k on just my rims and i just bent that rim, making them worth 500 less ya know

27rocks
11-10-2010, 06:21 PM
See but with rotas, i can scratch it and be like oh who cares.. if i had real cpr's then i'd scratch them and be like fuck i just spent 2k on just my rims and i just bent that rim, making them worth 500 less ya know

You can scratch oem wheels just as easy.

Don't mind me i'm just getting older and realizing that spending your money wisely is not so bad and actually better on a long run.

Garrett
11-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Hahah true i still am very young and have alot to learn :)

urthworm
11-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Hahah true i still am very young and have alot to learn :)

I say go for it! Ive bought alot of shit, and then replaced it with better shit. Sure its a waste of money but its all part of the honda/car tuning and modification experience. but what 27rocks is saying is to be alil more patient and do research and more research before you buy. I wish i would have done that with ALOT of the crap i bought.
Rotas arent that bad, i had a set for 5 years before i traded them in... and they were still in perfect condition.

27rocks
11-11-2010, 09:03 AM
I say go for it! Ive bought alot of shit, and then replaced it with better shit. Sure its a waste of money but its all part of the honda/car tuning and modification experience. but what 27rocks is saying is to be alil more patient and do research and more research before you buy. I wish i would have done that with ALOT of the crap i bought.
Rotas arent that bad, i had a set for 5 years before i traded them in... and they were still in perfect condition.

+1
I've had 2 sets of rotas in my time. Do i regret it?? No not really. But i wish i didn't buy the last set it just ended up costing me more on the long run. Basically if you wait and get what you really want the wait is worth it.

DRP967
11-11-2010, 10:43 AM
+1
I've had 2 sets of rotas in my time. Do i regret it?? No not really. But i wish i didn't buy the last set it just ended up costing me more on the long run. Basically if you wait and get what you really want the wait is worth it.

So true, ive had 7 sets of Rotas...thinking back i could have had a set of REAL wheels.

To the op...get what you truly want...never settle.

*Id rather have stock wheels then roll on replicas. Thats just me. If i cant afford the legit stuff then i wont even bother with the fakes. Ill just keep on saving till i can.

DRP967
11-11-2010, 10:49 AM

Even when i had Rotas if they got curbed i wouldnt feel good rolling on em. Rock chips on wheels is fine/normal...but curbage looks bad and says "I suck at parking."
The thing is whether its $500 Rota wheels or $2000 Mugen wheels....scratches/curbage is not cool.

Garrett
11-11-2010, 11:08 AM
truee truee but seeing as i'm in high school haha, my price range is hard since i only make 8 an hour hah.. 2k is almost work for a whole summer

27rocks
11-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Damn dude you are super young lol... I say just buy good tires for the stockies and go learn how to drive properly. Use the extra $$ for some auto-x events or a track day. Once you go out once you will forget about wheels i promise.

DRP967
11-12-2010, 09:29 AM
truee truee but seeing as i'm in high school haha, my price range is hard since i only make 8 an hour hah.. 2k is almost work for a whole summer

You can get real wheels for under a grand and yes they will be brand new...i would never buy used wheels.

Consider Enkei RPF1s or Buddy Club SF...both legit wheels that wont break the bank. I got my RPF1s for $850....not much more to pay than Rotas. :mcool:

ep_hatcher_510
11-12-2010, 12:07 PM
^^^ Enkeis and Buddyclubs are very good wheels for the money, imo is how much good wheels should cost. volk, ssr, and other "JDM wheels"... are good wheels as well but prices can be just ridiculous. Rotas are surprisingly good as well for what they are, nothing wrong with using those kind of wheels. Wheels are wheels.

Garrett
11-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I do love the buddy clubs.. i think the rpf1's are just a little overplayed.. and yeahh i am really young hahah .. but my ep is my life :) lol

Kentoneseboi
11-12-2010, 01:27 PM

its gonna hurt regardless....

stealth
11-12-2010, 04:07 PM
i would never buy used wheels.

Why? All of my good wheels have been used except for the set I just ordered, and that is only because I got a good deal on them. I'd rather buy a nice set of used wheels then a cheap set of new wheels. Its all preference and I wouldn't knock anyones choice but that is mine.

PatrickJamesYu
11-12-2010, 04:52 PM
I like rpf1's :D

Garrett
11-12-2010, 05:38 PM
i might rock some rpf1's come spring.. it doesnt matter now because i'm on stockies going into winter

DRP967
11-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Why? All of my good wheels have been used except for the set I just ordered, and that is only because I got a good deal on them. I'd rather buy a nice set of used wheels then a cheap set of new wheels. Its all preference and I wouldn't knock anyones choice but that is mine.

Cause i dont wanna take any chances of them not being round...i bought a set of GSR blades in the past (for my integra) and they werent holding air cause they werent round but they looked round. Plus i just dont like buying used anything, especially cars but in some case i have to if i cant get the item new anymore. I just like having new stuff. Id rather have a nice set of new wheels...i learned to never settle. If i cant afford it i will find the means and the ways to come up with the cash to get what i truly want. And yes preference is right, different strokes for different folks.

EPo3Hatch
11-12-2010, 06:40 PM
I personally like the track rs. I go through more rims than I do shoes ha but I think I'm gonna get a set of track rs and stick with them.

stealth
11-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Cause i dont wanna take any chances of them not being round...i bought a set of GSR blades in the past (for my integra) and they werent holding air cause they werent round but they looked round. Plus i just dont like buying used anything, especially cars but in some case i have to if i cant get the item new anymore. I just like having new stuff. Id rather have a nice set of new wheels...i learned to never settle. If i cant afford it i will find the means and the ways to come up with the cash to get what i truly want. And yes preference is right, different strokes for different folks.

I agree with you for the most part but for example my last set of te37's I got used in mint condition for around $1800, new they would of been mid $2k. And as for most parts I'm looking for they are rare and hard to find so I'll take them new or used (if in good shape) when they come up for sale. Now my new wheels are custom ordered and are the first set I'm buying new (since 8 years ago when I bought my last set of cheaper wheels) , the problems I see with this are I'm going to be way more paranoid (theft and damage), they will be harder to replace, and they cost a lot more. But at least no one else will have them I guess :)

stealth
11-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Op keep your eyes on the rims classifieds on honda tech. I've picked up a couple nice sets on there.

Garrett
11-12-2010, 08:29 PM
yeah i dont usually get on ht much i stay local with a site called vadriven.com... so much stuff on there haha

Kentoneseboi
11-13-2010, 02:46 AM
used is finneee...

here i found these wheels on craigslist take a guess how much they costed me

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs280.ash1/20741_1252418984753_1057860011_30588590_1942553_n. jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs180.snc3/20741_1252419584768_1057860011_30588605_1364512_n. jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs280.ash1/20741_1252469066005_1057860011_30588770_3747788_n. jpg

$200 for the bbs rk's 17x8 +42 there was curb rash on them but for 200 bucks and they were about 15-16lbs each, who can complain?

$80 for the bbs j30 stockies 15x6.5 +45 i was gonna use these for beaters but they ended up not fitting my front rotors

$100 for the bbs (dunno what model they are) 16x8 +42 was used these for a week and am trying to sell them and get some 2009-2010 stockies =\

but its totally possible to get some nice wheels and then work for there. just look around for deals.

Garrett
11-13-2010, 05:21 AM
damn you got some good ass deals man

02TWSI
11-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Holy shit that red EP with the CPR is HOT!

gtimportfanatic
11-14-2010, 05:55 AM
i hate CPR's ... if u want deep dish get some XXR 962

Garrett
11-14-2010, 05:56 AM
its like cpr's are a mix of sorta deep dish (not really) and jdm haha i like them alot but i don't know how they would look on my nhbp

27rocks
11-14-2010, 07:26 PM

Buying a new car is the worst investment ever!!!! It can still be new even if it has 10k miles on it and is used. The best part about that is its 15%-20% cheaper than one with 0 miles. lol just saying not trying to hate.

powdbyrice
11-14-2010, 11:06 PM
with everything you buy, caveat emptor

DRP967
11-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Buying a new car is the worst investment ever!!!! It can still be new even if it has 10k miles on it and is used. The best part about that is its 15%-20% cheaper than one with 0 miles. lol just saying not trying to hate.

I never view cars as an investment. :-)

But to me used is used...10K miles isnt a lot but thats 10K miles of driving. Where, when, and how the car was driven i dont know but i just feel so much better having a brand new car and being the first owner. I dont mind paying more, however in the case of the nsx i want in the future, i have no choice but to buy used since the last year was 05. I can live with that, most of em are pampered by their owners and have low miles. I see 2000+ models with less than 15K miles on the clock. But given the opportunity, i would cop new. Buying used can save some green granted you get a good car/part with no issues but it just doesnt feel the same to me. But thats just me, as long as one is happy with their purchase thats all that matters.