PDA

View Full Version : weird steering wheel vibrations

k3rry
11-11-2010, 01:01 PM
so im driving along and all the sudden the steering wheel starts to pull to the right, and feels like the steering wheel column is about to fall apart!!!! i stop to check it out, i dont see anything wrong, i jump in the car and continue to go home, but the vibrations went away?? so far this happen three times already and and im getting nervous that the wheels are going to come off. But it only does it occasionally when im slowing down?? i kno its not the rotors or axles...what could it be?

ImportCustomx
11-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Check your lug nuts...could be loose...could be you threw a wheel weight and didnt go the same speed as before...

maybe if you just got your brakes done, it was your rotor...

chances are you say you know its the not the rotors or axles...why becuase you just replaced them yourself or worked on them? if anything i would check that first.

maybe you were on a bumpy road...

Also this should have been posted in suspension part of the forum... i cant move it though

k3rry
11-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Check your lug nuts...could be loose...could be you threw a wheel weight and didnt go the same speed as before...

maybe if you just got your brakes done, it was your rotor...

chances are you say you know its the not the rotors or axles...why becuase you just replaced them yourself or worked on them? if anything i would check that first.

maybe you were on a bumpy road...

Also this should have been posted in suspension part of the forum... i cant move it though
mods move to ep discussion

lugs are tight, brakes are fine, and axles fine..... on the way to school today i noticed while im crusing around 60, i step on the gas and let off quickly, the steering wheel wants to turn to the right and i noticed a clucking noise. but on the way home from school, everything was normal??? its drving me crazy

Alex857
11-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Mad ep3z torque steerz :tehe:

but sounds like the wheel through a weight. idk about it being rotors, was it happening when you applied the brake? Is it still pulling? Sounds like a few different problems compounding.

xietimviet
11-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Happen to me too, i had my tire balance checked and they were off balance so i had them re-balanced and the shaking was gone. you should probly see if thats the problem if you had not fixed the problem yet