PDA

View Full Version : great day at work

Distance
11-13-2010, 04:39 PM
anyways i had a fun day at work. had the early shift from 6am-230pm and was pretty excited to watch the fight tonight. walked out to my car to head home and i see this.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/saizo1/11077335.jpg

:mmad: :mcry: i got the guys insurance and stuff but it took awhile to get it since he kept saying he didn't hit me and stuff. finally had to call the police officer on duty at the area i work at and the guy finally budge.

my question is should i go after this guy? damage is minimum. with just two tiny nicks from the licene frame. paint isnt even cracking or anything. its hardly noticeable but at that moment im pretty pissed off cause i love my car and i always try to take care of it the best i can but its always someone thats careless that tends to damage it.

so what should i do?

EPSU3
11-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Same thing happened to me last year at Wal-Mart. Cutlass was literally on top of my bumper. I waited a while for the owner to come out and it was a little old lady who didn't notice the fact my car was 2 inches under her bumper. Little nicks from the license frame. I just said forget it. It was a little old lady and the hassle to do the paperwork wasn't worth the squeeze. I'm not a baller though, I don't care how the paint looks. If I can't see/feel it from the driver's seat, I don't care.

Distance
11-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Same thing happened to me last year at Wal-Mart. Cutlass was literally on top of my bumper. I waited a while for the owner to come out and it was a little old lady who didn't notice the fact my car was 2 inches under her bumper. Little nicks from the license frame. I just said forget it. It was a little old lady and the hassle to do the paperwork wasn't worth the squeeze. I'm not a baller though, I don't care how the paint looks. If I can't see/feel it from the driver's seat, I don't care.

The owner of that car was some dude in his mid 30s. We played the blame game for a good few mins before i finally made a call. Problem is why I'm so upset is if it was a oem bumper I wouldn't mind at all cause mine was all messed up but I just got this jdm bumper in the summer and got it painted.

civicSIracer
11-13-2010, 06:53 PM
get it fixed. or at least get the cash from the guy for the estimate

Sucka
11-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Make him blow you since he made you waited a good amount of time. IT'S ONLY FAIR!

02TWSI
11-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Make him blow you since he made you waited a good amount of time. IT'S ONLY FAIR!

Agreed.

widebodyeg
11-13-2010, 08:05 PM
he BS'd you the whole time, i would at least get cash from him.. If he was cool about it and took the blame then id say let it go

Go_ep3
11-13-2010, 08:43 PM
:yeahthat: also, if it was the other way around, he wouldn't let it slide.

Sucka
11-13-2010, 11:55 PM
:yeahthat: also, if it was the other way around, he wouldn't let it slide.

So true....

SI in GA
11-14-2010, 12:17 AM
I think I would have to get it repair on his dime., Just the thought would bug me, I think it would be hard to miss parking touching another car.

Garrett
11-14-2010, 06:13 AM
get it fixed. or at least get the cash from the guy for the estimate

x2 especially since you had to wait and he lied to you, or just ask for some money to fix it and see what he says

RotaryGreg
11-14-2010, 08:38 AM
balls man. people suck.

i would deifnitly want to get some money from him....maybe he would be more careful parking from then on.

for those saying he lied, i doubt it. i mean, he denied he was at fault...but if he knew for sure he hit your car he wouldnt have left it parked up against it...he would have at least backed up or maybe even parked somewhere else. this is just a case of some idiotic terrible driver not wanting to accept that he F'd up.

Distance
11-14-2010, 03:59 PM
thanks for all the tips and stuff guys. im not sure if im going to report this cause even if they have someone come out and check out my car the scratch is barely noticeable. im gonna clean my car tomorrow to see if theres any hidden damages.

if anything i wont involve insurance and try to get the guy to maybe compromise on just paying for the paint job.

Tnhatch03
11-14-2010, 04:01 PM
yeah... he totally didn't hit you at all. lol

what a freakin tool... get what you can...then next time you see him... beat his ass!!

Rasy
11-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Try polishing it out and let us know how it goes. I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle with the insurance, if it's barely noticeable.

RoyVegasPinoy
11-14-2010, 10:51 PM
GET HIM!

The other day some jackass very lightly tapped my bumper at a light. I pulled over to check on damage and it was just tiny scratches. I told him to pull over and he took off. I chased after him and got his plates. Dude looked like a meth head with nothing going for him. It was just very small scratches but I intend to bring that guy down. It took me 2 hours to file a police report and put up with the cop's shitty attitude for making a big deal about a small scratch, but I had too much rage and plenty of free time to bring my baby justice!

Distance
11-15-2010, 01:39 AM
GET HIM!

The other day some jackass very lightly tapped my bumper at a light. I pulled over to check on damage and it was just tiny scratches. I told him to pull over and he took off. I chased after him and got his plates. Dude looked like a meth head with nothing going for him. It was just very small scratches but I intend to bring that guy down. It took me 2 hours to file a police report and put up with the cop's shitty attitude for making a big deal about a small scratch, but I had too much rage and plenty of free time to bring my baby justice!

its funny you say that. i had alot of people walk by and take a look. just random people and they kept telling me to let it go cause its so minor. i was lik well screw you. if it was your car you wouldnt be saying that crap.

RotaryGreg
11-15-2010, 10:30 AM
GET HIM!

that happened to my buddys STI. well similar.

stopped at some lights, some guy comes along not paying attention doesnt realize until its too late that there is a car stopped infront of him and the light is red. My friend sees this in his mirror and made an efford to avoid it, he rolled ahead part way into the intersection (no cars were coming through at this point) and pulled over the left as far as he could in the car length he was able to move ahead.

it wasnt enough. the guy needed about 2 more feet to stop the car. clipped buddies STI and imidiately turns right at the lights and takes off. who the hell is gonna outrun a heavily modded STI. not someone in a mid 90s american car sedan. thats for sure lol.

So he catches up to this d-bag. starts flashing his lights and honking at him. the guy pulls over and the very first words out of his mouth were "oh, did i hit you?". if that doesnt prove his guilt i dont know what does. anyways, same thing, minimal damage but he wanted to make the guy pay for being a prick and running like he did.

you cant let cowards get away with this stuff.

ImportCustomx
11-15-2010, 01:10 PM
iN SHORT...YES...asssholes like this cannot just go around parking like dicks and not caring.

Its your car, he fucked it up..even if its just a nick..doesnt matter. its your pride,your joy and your shit...he damaged it. Go get it fixed via insurance...his company will pay for it.

Distance
11-15-2010, 07:31 PM
iN SHORT...YES...asssholes like this cannot just go around parking like dicks and not caring.

Its your car, he fucked it up..even if its just a nick..doesnt matter. its your pride,your joy and your shit...he damaged it. Go get it fixed via insurance...his company will pay for it.

already filed a report with his insurances. will be hearing from them soon.

Distance
11-19-2010, 07:37 AM
Anyways a little update. Insurance came yesterday to look at my car and saw pictures of what happen and agreed to cut me a check for a repaint. Anyways I get a call around 10pm and it was the guy that hit my car asking to settle without going thru insurance. Told him I'll think about it but honestly I'm done dealing with that guy caused I called before I made a report to his insurance and left a voicemail and he probably just ignored it.

Other then that walked out to my car this morning and someone stole my antenna. Time to review 2 days worth of cameras now.

jed_averill
11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Stole your antenna? Someone just made your car look more sporty. lol jk

rd02SiR
11-19-2010, 10:08 AM
tell him to pay to repaint the bumper, or at least a fair amount towards a respray.

Distance
11-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Stole your antenna? Someone just made your car look more sporty. lol jk
I think it looks better with it on lol

tell him to pay to repaint the bumper, or at least a fair amount towards a respray.

Yeah I'm just waiting for the check.

Sucka
11-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Just take the money and save up for Hondata KPRO.

whatsvtec
11-19-2010, 03:25 PM
I think it looks better with it on lol

Willing to part out my stock antenna :whistle:

SUSHI_NE1
11-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Just go get an estimate... get his insurance to cut you a check. Then take that money and buy something else for your EP... Your front bump is gonna get nics from rocks anyways... LOL
GOOD LUCK!

02TWSI
11-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Just take the money and save up for Hondata KPRO.

best advice in this thread

Sucka
11-19-2010, 08:33 PM
best advice in this thread

kpro is so worth it!

Distance
11-20-2010, 01:44 AM
kpro is so worth it!

already have kpro. smh

Sucka
11-20-2010, 02:28 AM
already have kpro. smh

Reallly?!?! I always thought you had the JRSC FLASH CARD. What was that square box with 2 wires underneath your engine bay?

If anything just save up for that ebay mugen lip that everyones getting... Follow the trend and rock it on your usdm bumper for our track days.

jed_averill
11-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Save the money for KPRO, for me.