PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Questions

1mp4ct
11-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi guys,

New to ephatch, and just got my 05 a couple months ago. Everything is stock, 40k miles
I want to drop it a little, and was wondering if I should change out anything else, other than coilovers. LCA? Camber kit? f/r? I'm still learning about the car, and I love it so far! I looked around on the forums and didn't find a clear post, sorry in advance if this has been posted!

Oh, and whats a good coilover kit? I was looking at the Tien flex, but they are pricey!!

jed_averill
11-14-2010, 05:14 PM
If you're whole purpose is just lowering it for the looks (ie DD), then the $300+ Coilovers (springs instead if you want to go cheaper), like Racelands, and an alignment will do the trick.

PatrickJamesYu
11-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah
A nice cheap route.
Raceland Coilovers
And a camber kit
Ingalls has a nice one.

You don't need to upgrade LCA's
that's performance, weight reduction, and looks.

Note: strut/shocks + springs is quite nice at times
little maintenance
tend to be cheaper (not against racelands, but it's competitors: tien, megan, etc.)

1mp4ct
11-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Yea I do want quality too tho. I plan to do other work aswell so I dont want to be limited and have to buy a new set. How many miles can u put on a good set of coilovers? or those Racelands? If I'm only lowering it about an inch or so, do I really need to worry about the camber kit? or should I just wait till the stock ones go?

Its a DD for now, but slowly I may change that..

jed_averill
11-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Then I suggest you buy used ones from the people in here. You can probably cop a nice well maintained ones for a good deal. Its like hand me Downs lol

Passenger
11-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Yea I do want quality too tho. I plan to do other work aswell so I dont want to be limited and have to buy a new set. How many miles can u put on a good set of coilovers? or those Racelands? If I'm only lowering it about an inch or so, do I really need to worry about the camber kit? or should I just wait till the stock ones go?

Yes you should. When I first installed my springs my alignment went to ish and went thru tires like nobody's business. Install a camber kit while you're doing your springs or coilovers or whatever. I'd suggest going with T1R (they're all around $150) because they don't rust like some others are known to do. (ingalls)

1mp4ct
11-15-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm thinking coilovers because they are adjustable. Do you have a link to those T1R's?

Passenger
11-15-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm thinking coilovers because they are adjustable. Do you have a link to those T1R's?

yes sir.
Speedstar $150 (http://www.speedstar-racing.com/store/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/31_46/products_id/511?osCsid=8b4028a89c7d94129ba9336443d4489f)
Evasive $135 (http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EM&Product_Code=T1R_R_ADJ_ARM_EP3)
Vex Motorsports $155 (http://www.vexmotorsports.com/T1R--Rear-Adjustable-Upper-Arm-Camber-Kit--Acura-RSX-DC5-2002-2006_p_7641.html)

Evasive's picture has different colors but its the same thing. Either or, its made of aircraft aluminum so I guess pretty colors shouldn't matter much.

1mp4ct
11-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Yea those kits do look different.. Are u saying that even tho the pic is different on the Evasive site, they are actually the same as pictured on the Speedstar site? Or just that they are the same quality?

Also, how would you rate the Buddy Club N+ Spec Coilovers? Compared to the Tien Basics? Seams the Tiens don't adjust the damper, I could be wrong.. I would be looking for this $1k price point for coilovers, as aposed to the $2k variety lol Are either of these kits replaceable as a single unit? Like if just one blew? This is a DD so I couldnt really send one bak for refurb.
Thanx for ur help, and nice ride in the pic!

Passenger
11-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Yea those kits do look different.. Are u saying that even tho the pic is different on the Evasive site, they are actually the same as pictured on the Speedstar site? Or just that they are the same quality?
Also, how would you rate the Buddy Club N+ Spec Coilovers? Compared to the Tien Basics? Seams the Tiens don't adjust the damper, I could be wrong.. I would be looking for this $1k price point for coilovers, as aposed to the $2k variety lol Are either of these kits replaceable as a single unit? Like if just one blew? This is a DD so I couldnt really send one bak for refurb.
Thanx for ur help, and nice ride in the pic!
No problem && Thanks man! Appreciate that. :mbiggrin:
They should be made of the same exact material. No idea why they're colored different. You can't ever see the camber kit unless you're under the rear end of the car but if it means anything to you I'd just call evasive and ask why they appear to look different compare to everybody else's.
Idk nothing about soft vs hard//spring rates/etc. I know next to nothing about coilovers. I do believe Guardian had Buddy Club coilovers, so he might be able to help if you ask him. With your car being a DD like mine, idk if I'd go ballerific on coilovers if theres a chance they could blow. Something like that would be a decision you had to weigh out on your own and if it's worth it or not.