PDA

View Full Version : DC vs. Strup

Reaper27
11-15-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm looking into getting headers for my EP and I've looked at DC 4-2-1 and Strup 4-2-1 and not sure which one to get. I haven't really heard much about the strup headers, the plus for them to me would the fact that they are stainless and not ceramic, plus online they say they give a little more HP than the DC. The thing with the DC is that I'm running a DC Cat-back on my car and was wondering if it would be better to just go ahead and match the same breand headers to the exhaust?

SandBagger
11-15-2010, 06:12 PM
It is hard to compair cheap headers. I used to run a DC. Nice gains however I got into a little more than $350

Reaper27
11-15-2010, 06:56 PM
If I wanted to go all out what would be the best header to get for gains and reliability?

Passenger
11-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Matching brands doesn't matter. That whole " best gains seen if paired up with X brand exhaust" is lies. I guess if I were to choose I'd go with DC Sports but I would recommend OBX RH. They replicate name brand headers and sell em for $200ish + shipping. The version I have is a comptech replica header. I was worried about quality but I've had mine for over 2 years and no rust or anything. Still looks new, besides slight colorizing

Reaper27
11-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Ok, this may be a complete noob question but since Race headers take out tag catalytic converter, how do you pass inspection? Cause at least in my state they mail you crap and your fined if you don't get it inspected. I was looking at getting race headers cause of the better HP gains but I'm not sure if I can't inspect it. At least for now

Passenger
11-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Ok, this may be a complete noob question but since Race headers take out tag catalytic converter, how do you pass inspection? Cause at least in my state they mail you crap and your fined if you don't get it inspected. I was looking at getting race headers cause of the better HP gains but I'm not sure if I can't inspect it. At least for now

Unless you have a buddy that'll pass you, you won't pass inspection without your converter. If you can't get around it some how, don't get a raceheader. And don't get teh short headers either, they're a complete waste of money. I bought and installed one once and had absolutely no gains, didnt even sound different. If you want something that you can pass inspection with, get Honda Reflash or Hondata Kpro, depending on what you can afford. But if you plan on cams/supercharger/etc you'll need kpro.

Reaper27
11-16-2010, 11:06 AM
I've got a buddy that passes me on my window tint already so I wonder if he'll do the same for that as well. I'm looking at doing a engine swap in the next year or so and thinking about picking up either a K20A2 or a K24A2 to swap out. Is there a header out there that will bolt up to the A3 as well as either one of these two?

Passenger
11-16-2010, 11:21 AM
I've got a buddy that passes me on my window tint already so I wonder if he'll do the same for that as well. I'm looking at doing a engine swap in the next year or so and thinking about picking up either a K20A2 or a K24A2 to swap out. Is there a header out there that will bolt up to the A3 as well as either one of these two?

Yes, all raceheaders for the RSX-S will fit (or even Ep3 spec raceheaders for that matter but you get a slight bit more gains up top with the DC5 ver from my understanding) any k-series engine. But with the dc5 header you'll need to take it to a muffler shop to get it to fit, they'll need to cut off 2 or 3" off of it to fit an ep3 exhaust. With the k20a2 it'll bolt up fine without any modification, with any of the k24 engines, you'll need to either run w/o a sway (wouldnt recommend) or install an em2 front sway bar (would recommend) which will fit our car and allow you enough clearance for the RH to fit.

civsirmt
11-18-2010, 04:26 AM

as long as u have the defouler mod on ur second o2 sensor and are not throwing a code ur fine in n.c. they dont do a under car visual.

SandBagger
11-18-2010, 06:31 AM

test pipe swapping with the cat. The best headers really are Hytech, SSR, DTR, and Rcrew.

TXEP3
11-18-2010, 10:07 AM
I've had really good results with my Buddy Club race header as well. The fact that you can take it apart really makes installation a breeze too. I did have to buy a 2001-2003 EM2 civic front sway to make it fit. Had to replace the linkage for it cause it was all rusty. Not a bad idea to do anyway.

Reaper27
11-22-2010, 03:50 PM
as long as u have the defouler mod on ur second o2 sensor and are not throwing a code ur fine in n.c. they dont do a under car visual.

Ok, soooo....how do I do that mod to the sensor? haha

T_Virus
11-23-2010, 12:28 AM
you can just buy one that is already modded on clubrsx. there used to be a member on here that used to sell the modded defouler.

civsirmt
11-25-2010, 06:19 AM
Ok, soooo....how do I do that mod to the sensor? haha

yeah u dont have to "do the mod" anymore there is a local shop that has them(speed styles)or u can get them from club rsx.

Reaper27
11-27-2010, 09:43 AM
yeah u dont have to "do the mod" anymore there is a local shop that has them(speed styles)or u can get them from club rsx.
I didn't know speed styles sold those. I've had some
Things done there and they do good wrk. Any chance you would know how much it's going to run me?

civsirmt
11-27-2010, 02:54 PM
I didn't know speed styles sold those. I've had some
Things done there and they do good wrk. Any chance you would know how much it's going to run me?

mabe 20 bux,just call and ask for marcus tell him what u need they should have one in stock. tell him reggie sent u ;)

Reaper27
11-28-2010, 09:26 PM
mabe 20 bux,just call and ask for marcus tell him what u need they should have one in stock. tell him reggie sent u ;)

Awesome, will do. Thanks a lot :-). U think dropping ur name will get me a discount??? Hahaha jkjk

Reaper27
12-02-2010, 02:23 PM
So I was doing some research and basically all the defouler mod is is just an O2 sensor extension. Am I right about this?

civsirmt
12-03-2010, 04:25 AM
So I was doing some research and basically all the defouler mod is is just an O2 sensor extension. Am I right about this?

yep nothing to it