PDA

View Full Version : "our cars dont have v-tec" ..f**k you! rant

ImportCustomx
11-16-2010, 06:16 AM
Yes our cars do have V-tec...its i V-tec and its a form of v-tec...its vtec..either way you slice the mother fucking honda pie its vtec!!! just becuase your stupid fucking ricer brain cant comprehend that it doesnt just kick over like a d-series or b series when you buy the car, doesnt mean it doesnt have v-tec. IT FUCKING DOES.

You cannot argue with me it does not have actual v-tec and all the required mechanisms,solenoids,cam lifters etc...its all there you ungrateful fucks.

Our cars have a form of vtec. same with all the k series motors. FUCK OFF and stop saying our cars dont have v-tec.

god dammit, i cant stand seeing threads when some keyboard ninja just chimes in and says, "btw R Kars don have vtech yo"

ignorant fucking bastards.

/end rant
:mconfused:i feel better.

Now fuck off and read this

http://asia.vtec.net/article/k20a/

showoff3civic
11-16-2010, 06:50 AM
Yes our cars do have V-tec...its i V-tec and its a form of v-tec...its vtec..either way you slice the mother fucking honda pie its vtec!!! just becuase your stupid fucking ricer brain cant comprehend that it doesnt just kick over like a d-series or b series when you buy the car, doesnt mean it doesnt have v-tec. IT FUCKING DOES.

You cannot argue with me it does not have actual v-tec and all the required mechanisms,solenoids,cam lifters etc...its all there you ungrateful fucks.

Our cars have a form of vtec. same with all the k series motors. FUCK OFF and stop saying our cars dont have v-tec.

god dammit, i cant stand seeing threads when some keyboard ninja just chimes in and says, "btw R Kars don have vtech yo"

/end rant

yeah its a form of vtec but not quite the same as what people think of when they think of vtec. When I think of vtec I think of the oil pressure locking the pins so the cams can use the race lobes and the sweet sound of the highlift cam @ around 5500 rpms. I think most of the cars here have had motor swaps to 2.4's or 3lobe vtecs.

ImportCustomx
11-16-2010, 07:04 AM
yeah its a form of vtec but not quite the same as what people think of when they think of vtec. When I think of vtec I think of the oil pressure locking the pins so the cams can use the race lobes and the sweet sound of the highlift cam @ around 5500 rpms. I think most of the cars here have had motor swaps to 2.4's or 3lobe vtecs.

but its still vtec.

showoff3civic
11-16-2010, 07:10 AM
but its still vtec.

again I didnt say that it wasnt, but its not what people think of or expect from a honda vtec motor. It is a watered down, weak ass form of trying to get performance and economy from an engine. My A2 with cams gets better gasmilage then my A3 ever did, the only reason that they can even call it vtec is because it uses the same type of oil pressure system to lock a pin in at 2200 rpms to engague the other valves on the intake side, similar to the D series engines back in the day. If they really wanted to use the system then we should have gotten a 3 stage vtec setup with a higher reving higher power engine.

I can understand to the people that dont know much about engines how they feel it does not really have vtec.

Deadphishy
11-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Vtec =Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control

Below ~2200 RPM 1 intake cam rides on the primary lobe, 1 intake cam rids on the secondary lobe.
Above ~2200 RPM 1 intake cam still rides on the primary lobe, the other intake rocker locks to the primary rocker, RESULTING IN THE VERIATION OF THAT VALVES TIMING AND LIFT. All of which is controlled by an electric Solenoid.

POOPTOOTH
11-16-2010, 07:34 AM

/end rant

Wow dude. You feel very stongly about this topic eh?

4lugSLUG
11-16-2010, 07:39 AM
Who cares anymore? The car is slow!

showoff3civic
11-16-2010, 07:42 AM

I dont think its really that slow for what it is, and its light with tons of popential. Thats why I havnt sold the ep3

talonXracer
11-16-2010, 07:46 AM
I feel the same way, but you will never see the end of ignorance, it is a symptom of youth.

Deadphishy
11-16-2010, 08:10 AM

For an NA 2.0L that is already 6 years out of production you still can't find an NA <2.0L that is better. (This isn't made by honda)

It took ford till 2012 model year to make a 2.0L with direct injection, and Ti-VCT to get 160hp out of 2.0L. I know the k20a3 is rated at 155hp, But i'm sure a Cam profile tweak would easy net another 5hp.

showoff3civic
11-16-2010, 08:48 AM
For an NA 2.0L that is already 6 years out of production you still can't find an NA <2.0L that is better. (This isn't made by honda)

It took ford till 2012 model year to make a 2.0L with direct injection, and Ti-VCT to get 160hp out of 2.0L. I know the k20a3 is rated at 155hp, But i'm sure a Cam profile tweak would easy net another 5hp.

not to mention a honda motor is going to be stronger then a ford motor. My stock A3 I had kpro and raised the rev limiter to 8k just to try to blow it up, it never blew... until a friend downshifted into 2nd from 3rd at redline, kpro recorded it his 11,5** RPMS and it only bent 2 valves! I was still able to drive it 15 miles to the shop.

RedSiBaron
11-16-2010, 09:45 AM

Ya its not what people expect, but hey we do havariable "i" part of vtec which is the variable cam gear, which I think is trick as hell...I've never had a car with tradtraditonal vtec and I could care less ours doesn't have the big crossover, blah blah blah...when I drove the newer si it was neat but since im making close to the same power in a lighter car without drive by wire I prefer my ep, im sure ill like it more when I eventually go to the k20a but until then I could give two less shits...

And for the record showoff, I think you'd be surprised that I think MOST people here have the A3 in their car.

I feel the same way, but you will never see the end of ignorance, it is a symptom of youth.

Doug, I think you are a symptom of youth :mbiggrin:

And I really don't think the ep is slow, im tired of hearing that as well...OMGZ MY CIVIC DIDN'T BEAT A BUILT CORVETTE IT MUST BE SO SLOW! Look, the ep3 was the fastest civic to date stock in every market when it came out, and it handles very well...

Whatever...screw it people can go drink their haterade and have their oppinions, ill have mine

ImportCustomx
11-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Its still V-tec.

:) yes im passionate about our ep's. i am tired of the kids that thing becuase they have 3000 posts on honda-tech and 4500 posts there and 456 there...they are an infinite knowledge of honda motors.

fuck em!

K SERIES MOTORS ALL HAVE V-TEC...HAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

and ps. i love all the commentary on here. its mostly the educated. its nice seeing well put together posts.

27rocks
11-16-2010, 10:30 AM
It is true the A3 does have i-Vtec and i don't care what people say. Imo people that say otherwise are just wannabe ricers. That's an even lower rank than a ricer lol.

talonXracer
11-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Just a FYI, the 2 lobe economy version was developed FIRST, but back then fuel economy was of very little importance, but power was, so the 3 lobe went into production.

I love the 2 lobe version, the next build will be a K24A1 that will live it's life in the woods

showoff3civic
11-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Just a FYI, the 2 lobe economy version was developed FIRST, but back then fuel economy was of very little importance, but power was, so the 3 lobe went into production.

Really? I didnt know this one.. you just schooled me old timer ;-) When was the first valve switching vtec started? The first 3 lobe was in 87 in the CRX SiR:-X I also have my doubts the the ep3 was the fastest SI to date when it came out. The em1 always out ran me stock for stock but when it came down to mods the k series pwned. I like the A3 and I can understand why Honda did what they did (by not eating the RSX lunch). I just know that the k20a3 isnt the motor for me, but the possitive thing with the A3 is that unlike my car on a winding rd course I have no power until 6k rpms but I make power until 8300 rpms

talonXracer
11-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Honda had started developement of the prototypes for both versions years before they were released, the original performance concept was actually 2lobe as well, a big lobe and a much smaller second lobe(Sound familiar?(but not nearly as small as the current 2lobe))

ace of spades
11-16-2010, 12:13 PM
considering that the stock A3 motor is in VTEC for 67.4% of the rpm range, I would say "when doesn't it have VTEC?"

but really, who gives a shit?

Tokin_Buds
11-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Well... I know my car has VTEC.. I can hear it and feel it and so can all the Honda people that ride in my car... its just a weak motor thats all.

ImportCustomx
11-16-2010, 12:28 PM
May the power of v-tec be with you...

im glad people agree with me

RedSiBaron
11-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Really? I didnt know this one.. you just schooled me old timer ;-) When was the first valve switching vtec started? The first 3 lobe was in 87 in the CRX SiR:-X I also have my doubts the the ep3 was the fastest SI to date when it came out. The em1 always out ran me stock for stock but when it came down to mods the k series pwned. I like the A3 and I can understand why Honda did what they did (by not eating the RSX lunch). I just know that the k20a3 isnt the motor for me, but the possitive thing with the A3 is that unlike my car on a winding rd course I have no power until 6k rpms but I make power until 8300 rpms

Actually I the first vtec was in the 88 second gen crx, not the 1st gen, those got the zc motor

And I used to beat modded em1s with my ep when it was stock...

considering that the stock A3 motor is in VTEC for 67.4% of the rpm range, I would say "when doesn't it have VTEC?"

but really, who gives a shit?

Seriously of course you wouldn't care...Hay buddy!

May the power of v-tec be with you...

im glad people agree with me

And vtec with you :mangel:

02TWSI
11-16-2010, 12:39 PM
I know I have vtec...because when the engine starved itself of oil when I hit a turn too hard my vtec would not engage and the car was 5x slower...ROFLMAO

heyvortek
11-16-2010, 12:57 PM
wait i dont have vtec on my k20a2?!?!?....jp..yea i hate when ppl told me i dont have true vtec...it dont matter when the k20a3 puts an ass whooping a a gsr..

showoff3civic
11-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Honda had started developement of the prototypes for both versions years before they were released, the original performance concept was actually 2lobe as well, a big lobe and a much smaller second lobe(Sound familiar?(but not nearly as small as the current 2lobe))

you are correct! Just did some research that system was used on the CB400 in 1983 :-X makes sense for amotor cycle company to use the newest technology on a bike. It was called hyper vtec

Actually I the first vtec was in the 88 second gen crx, not the 1st gen, those got the zc motor

I thought 87 was the first year of the model changed CR-X

We are both wrong it was 89 the first of vtec in both the B16A1 Variant in the CR-X SiR and Integra

Tokin_Buds
11-16-2010, 01:24 PM
anyway though..

you swear too much dude.

willy_akino
11-16-2010, 01:49 PM
a3 sucks unless you have kpro or boost

dj addicted
11-16-2010, 02:40 PM
wow this conversation again? Hello welcome to the internet

showoff3civic
11-16-2010, 02:52 PM
wow this conversation again? Hello welcome to the internet

I think the biggest question in this thread should be... who the hell is willy_akino avitar :-P

POOPTOOTH
11-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Where's that 'I like turtles' kid when you need him?

EP3tuner410
11-16-2010, 03:43 PM

Yea where is that special little zombie bastard?

RedSiBaron
11-16-2010, 04:31 PM
you are correct! Just did some research that system was used on the CB400 in 1983 :-X makes sense for amotor cycle company to use the newest technology on a bike. It was called hyper vtec

We are both wrong it was 89 the first of vtec in both the B16A1 Variant in the CR-X SiR and Integra

Fuck! I should have just said 4th gen hatch/crx :mwink:

Truth is I only know 84-87 civics and crxs and ep3s in and out and doug still corrects me on the ep haha

a3 sucks unless you have kpro or boost

Im sorry you're stupid, a3 is a great motor its just has better alternatives

I like turtles

Yea where is that special little zombie bastard?

I bashed his head in

ep3egg
11-16-2010, 07:18 PM
imaginary-VTEC hahahah

VividSI
11-16-2010, 07:20 PM
I dont understand the logic behind the statement, the A3 has Ivtec because it says it on both sides of the car and the engine cover and thats enough for me, when people just plainly say the car doesnt have vtec are ignorant, and because its not the aggressive version doesnt mean it doesnt still have a version of it. at least with theA3 we can run on a minimum of 86 octane and the A2 or the A cant do that and second it gets the best mpg while still having enough HP to get on the freeway. So haven driven cars with these motors I like them all it just depends on what you want out of a daily driver. I have heard too many bad stories about people being somewhere where there wasnt premium and the car took a dump like in the RDX, id hate to be in that situation. doesnt the Fit and 1.8L civic claim to have Vtec? yet i only hear people rag on the A3?

trippy
11-16-2010, 08:35 PM
with vtec or without...i love my beast

robotichatch
11-16-2010, 10:47 PM
a3 is just right,

4lugSLUG
11-17-2010, 04:12 AM
whether or not this car had v-tak or not i love that it stays true to the si heritage and stays a hatch, not this coupe and sedan nonsense. I've had a few people argue that the car doesnt have vtec but what they don't understand is that it does just, like we've all stated, not the full agressive one. then everyone wants to compare it to the em1 and when an em1 might barely beat the ep they forget that the mini van with half vtec that doesnt rev up to 8k just stayed right by them. silly kids.

talonXracer
11-17-2010, 05:43 AM
imaginary-VTEC hahahah

What an ignorant statement, EVERY K-Series has VTEC and every K-Series has VTC(hence the I portion). And i can build an K-engine that has the VTEC defeated and it will walk all over a VTEC engine at any race venue other than AutoX.

There should be a rule here, """ANY PERSON TO SAY THE A3 DOES NOT HAVE VTEC WILL BE BANNED ! ! !"""

showoff3civic
11-17-2010, 06:23 AM
What an ignorant statement, EVERY K-Series has VTEC and every K-Series has VTC(hence the I portion). And i can build an K-engine that has the VTEC defeated and it will walk all over a VTEC engine at any race venue other than AutoX.

There should be a rule here, """ANY PERSON TO SAY THE A3 DOES NOT HAVE VTEC WILL BE BANNED ! ! !"""

come on Doug you know the A3 does not have vtec :-P
this thread should be closed

ImportCustomx
11-17-2010, 07:43 AM
why should this thread be closed?

i am just voicing my opinion in a non technical section of the forum where its supposed to go. i think its a beautiful post filled with information that all the "haters" should see.

and ps... they have v-tec, i have v-tec...we all have v-tec.

it can be closed, but no one else is responding so i dont think it matters.

And is that a shot of your Mitsu in your sig...great shot, i can never seem to get fireball shots unless i still a video.

And...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8JVNqSqSxxE/SWITSa7VijI/AAAAAAAAAmw/Ky_1LyNmYzM/s400/va_i_like_turtles_a_diplo_mix_front.jpeg
i like turrrrrrrrrtles

Yes i swear alot..i was angry. Not sure why anyone would post that. its like the radio..if you dont like it change the channel

talonXracer
11-17-2010, 07:49 AM
This is a perfect thread, something about nothing......

ImportCustomx
11-17-2010, 07:50 AM
:)

WigginsSiR
11-17-2010, 08:19 AM
my 91 hatch w/ b16a has vtec!

i still would love to own a ep3 again w/ the a3

showoff3civic
11-17-2010, 08:27 AM
why should this thread be closed?

i am just voicing my opinion in a non technical section of the forum where its supposed to go. i think its a beautiful post filled with information that all the "haters" should see.

and ps... they have v-tec, i have v-tec...we all have v-tec.

it can be closed, but no one else is responding so i dont think it matters.

And is that a shot of your Mitsu in your sig...great shot, i can never seem to get fireball shots unless i still a video.

And...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8JVNqSqSxxE/SWITSa7VijI/AAAAAAAAAmw/Ky_1LyNmYzM/s400/va_i_like_turtles_a_diplo_mix_front.jpeg
i like turrrrrrrrrtles

Yes i swear alot..i was angry. Not sure why anyone would post that. its like the radio..if you dont like it change the channel

The thing shoots fire every time i shift at high RPM's on the track, it sounds scary! It needs a tune really really bad, going to get a mbc and a 3 inch down pipe with a tune from Sean Ivey should yeild a little over 300 whp.

ImportCustomx
11-17-2010, 10:05 AM
The thing shoots fire every time i shift at high RPM's on the track, it sounds scary! It needs a tune really really bad, going to get a mbc and a 3 inch down pipe with a tune from Sean Ivey should yeild a little over 300 whp.

You should bring your car to wicked innovations in Rhode Island..matt miner is a phenominal tuner. we tuned my wifes 2010 wrx. came out great, we gained some serious power, i forget the dyno numbers but it was significant...fuel ecomony went up, power went up, no more bogging etc.

Definetly check them out man, if you want pm me and i can set you up with him.

showoff3civic
11-17-2010, 10:52 AM
You should bring your car to wicked innovations in Rhode Island..matt miner is a phenominal tuner. we tuned my wifes 2010 wrx. came out great, we gained some serious power, i forget the dyno numbers but it was significant...fuel ecomony went up, power went up, no more bogging etc.

Definetly check them out man, if you want pm me and i can set you up with him.

He use accessport?

Deadphishy
11-17-2010, 11:12 AM

Agreed, But the same thing should apply to anyone with a stock Vtec crossover who claims to be able to "Feel" and "hear" the motor crossover.

Well... I know my car has VTEC.. I can hear it and feel it and so can all the Honda people that ride in my car... its just a weak motor thats all.

:mwink:

talonXracer
11-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Agreed, But the same thing should apply to anyone with a stock Vtec crossover who claims to be able to "Feel" and "hear" the motor crossover.
:mwink:

That is the best one! I always chuckle a little and wait to see the responses,,,LOL

ImportCustomx
11-17-2010, 01:24 PM
He use accessport?

he hates access port... i have sent him multiple access port kids that have gotten rid of it, and gotten a real open ecu tune from him..all of the told me night and day difference...car runs so much better. access port is junk. they make their shit so your dependant on them. (for subaru's i know for a fact, becuase of 2 of my close friends hwom i sent down.) talk to him before you do anything. you wont regret it.

Make sure you tell him jimmy maher sent you...he takes extra special care of every customer. hes the man.

EMAIL matt@mattminer.com or matt@wickedinnovation.net

or call the shop
Shop Address:
Wicked Innovation
351 Liberty Ln Unit 11
West Kingston, RI 02892

Telephone:
(401)-788-3630

i can gaurentee you he will give you a 100% better tune than access port. Id be willing to put my testicles on a chopping block.

showoff3civic
11-17-2010, 01:29 PM
he hates access port... i have sent him multiple access port kids that have gotten rid of it, and gotten a real open ecu tune from him..all of the told me night and day difference...car runs so much better. access port is junk. they make their shit so your dependant on them. (for subaru's i know for a fact, becuase of 2 of my close friends hwom i sent down.) talk to him before you do anything. you wont regret it.

Make sure you tell him jimmy maher sent you...he takes extra special care of every customer. hes the man.

EMAIL matt@mattminer.com or matt@wickedinnovation.net

or call the shop
Shop Address:
Wicked Innovation
351 Liberty Ln Unit 11
West Kingston, RI 02892

Telephone:
(401)-788-3630

i can gaurentee you he will give you a 100% better tune than access port. Id be willing to put my testicles on a chopping block.

problem with haveing an open ECU is that if i need a warrantee claim then I have to fight to get it back to a stock ECU with AP its just a click of the button, maybe when the warrantee is over I would do another ECU but until then, I kind of have my hands tied

ImportCustomx
11-17-2010, 01:36 PM
given the fact your racing your car, they will be able to tell anyway. the only way a tune can void your warrenty is if they can prove that it directly is the cuase of the faulty part.

or just buy another ecuand swap em. but he doesnt have to open the actual ecu up. open ecu referes to one that you just plug into the obd2 port and you have free access..thats the same thing as the access port.

so if there is an issue all you do is revert back to a stock map and bring it in.

no actual opening of the ecu happens. open just means that the factory leaves it open to people who have an obd2 cord to usb who have the programs etc.

im telling you just call them and verify.

thats how it is on my wrx. i had to bring it for something already and its impossible to tell the car has been tuned..unless you know the exact a to f ratio's and fuel maps etc etc.

BajaPantiEP
11-17-2010, 01:50 PM
bummmpppp EP3 FTMW

showoff3civic
11-17-2010, 01:55 PM
given the fact your racing your car, they will be able to tell anyway. the only way a tune can void your warrenty is if they can prove that it directly is the cuase of the faulty part.

or just buy another ecuand swap em. but he doesnt have to open the actual ecu up. open ecu referes to one that you just plug into the obd2 port and you have free access..thats the same thing as the access port.

so if there is an issue all you do is revert back to a stock map and bring it in.

no actual opening of the ecu happens. open just means that the factory leaves it open to people who have an obd2 cord to usb who have the programs etc.

im telling you just call them and verify.

thats how it is on my wrx. i had to bring it for something already and its impossible to tell the car has been tuned..unless you know the exact a to f ratio's and fuel maps etc etc.

Interesting! I might have to give them a shout. Yeah idk if they could tell its been raced since i switch rims and tires for the track so it does not show wear and tear on the rims/tires. I am having some knotchy transmission issues that were common on the 08 so I have to switch my test pipe out and put the stock cat back on, mitsu is fuckin retarded when it comes to warrantee claims.

ep3egg
11-17-2010, 06:13 PM

it was a joke dood, i love poppin' VTAK at 2200rpm

IMO i belive honda intended the K20a3 to be more of a mpg/economical car rather than performance

cronicEP
11-17-2010, 10:05 PM
This thread is priceless. Sticky this please mods. If only all Ep3 owners did their HW before investing in their vehicle we would avoid pointless threads like this one. But they purchased their cars, drove off the lot, punched it and realized they didn't hear the aggressive vtac crossover, Fail.

A public service annoucement!

Dealerships are unable to sell the 02-05 Civic Si unless the buyer shows proof of reading every thread on ephatch.com, and maybe clubep3.com, nah fk clubep3...

oh and I'm surprised a Mod hasn't closed this thread due to profanity in the title...slacking are we?

ace of spades
11-18-2010, 10:48 AM

hi Charley!

This thread is priceless. Sticky this please mods. If only all Ep3 owners did their HW before investing in their vehicle we would avoid pointless threads like this one. But they purchased their cars, drove off the lot, punched it and realized they didn't hear the aggressive vtac crossover, Fail.

A public service annoucement!

Dealerships are unable to sell the 02-05 Civic Si unless the buyer shows proof of reading every thread on ephatch.com, and maybe clubep3.com, nah fk clubep3...

oh and I'm surprised a Mod hasn't closed this thread due to profanity in the title...slacking are we?

quoted for faggotry

cronicEP
11-18-2010, 11:58 AM
quoted for faggotry

um thanks buddy, but I'm still cooler than you...

showoff3civic
11-18-2010, 12:05 PM

um doubt that! Ace of Spades for president :-D

cronicEP
11-18-2010, 12:11 PM

Sorry to say guy, but I am the fucking president. Remeber you voted for me....?

ace of spades
11-18-2010, 02:05 PM
cool

thanks but I need to recede from the nomination. my extreme work schedule and love for Asian women would lead to my overall demise.

showoff3civic
11-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Sorry to say guy, but I am the fucking president.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6d/Rainbow_flag_and_blue_skies.jpg/800px-Rainbow_flag_and_blue_skies.jpg Remeber you voted for me....?

I didnt vote for you (because im not part of the LGBT) but I see you wave your flag high! and I sure as hell didnt vote for our current president!

boy this got really offtopic

cronicEP
11-18-2010, 07:01 PM
I didnt vote for you (because im not part of the LGBT) but I see you wave your flag high! and I sure as hell didnt vote for our current president!

boy this got really offtopic
haha, I laughed for a good minute. I only fly my flag on Tuesdays and Thursdays, other than that I wear rainbow colored shirts Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays, and go shirtless on the weekends. And my EP has a rainbow VC... with pink rims, not to mention I dyed my underarm hair purple and pink.

To get back on topic, hehe, what happens to my vtak if I run A2 cams? does that mean Im in A3 vtak all the time because of the lobes? hehe Another thing, if I wanted to run b series cams would that work, and would my EP be able to run a J32? tourque steer.

On a serious note, I've beaten alot of Evo X's in a straight line...still a sweet ride though.

rjmq06
11-19-2010, 05:22 AM
importcustomx where were you when i need you like 4 months ago??
lolz
i hate those guys who argue with me saying "oh our is econoboxes, just get a sti or dodge srt-4" but he still drives ep and keep posting stuff
well yeah our car is not really the fastest but i know k-series has a lot of room for improvements and also depends on your setup

showoff3civic
11-19-2010, 06:13 AM
haha, I laughed for a good minute. I only fly my flag on Tuesdays and Thursdays, other than that I wear rainbow colored shirts Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays, and go shirtless on the weekends. And my EP has a rainbow VC... with pink rims, not to mention I dyed my underarm hair purple and pink.

To get back on topic, hehe, what happens to my vtak if I run A2 cams? does that mean Im in A3 vtak all the time because of the lobes? hehe Another thing, if I wanted to run b series cams would that work, and would my EP be able to run a J32? tourque steer.

On a serious note, I've beaten alot of Evo X's in a straight line...still a sweet ride though.

LULZ ok you got me! thanks for making my morning!

I know the Evo isnt all that fast it will dyno around 260 whp the way it sits but I really dont care about the straight line performance of it, its the earth spinning AWD (im not kidding I swear when i get into a courner the earth spins an 8th rotation) and the performance of not needing to wait for vtec on a short technical course. The turbo lag compared to older evo's are pretty much not there and it has mivec so even at full boost at 4000 rpms it still builds power almost up to redline. The Brembos are rock solid, great inital bite and just as good holding power for what most people will be doing with the car. On the track I did boil the brake fluid so next year I will be putting in motul RBF600 and maybe braided brake lines. The interior is a little cheap feeling but the recaros are really really really nice and the 600 watt Rockford sterio is a positive when on those long ass trips. Also the AWC + S-AWC is just a pure pleasure to drive, this is the first car I have ever owned where I enjoy it at 4000 RPM's but enjoy it even more at 7500 RPM's. The handling is also just pure driving pleasure, the steering wheel is only 2 turns lock to lock (most cars are 4) and with the power on demand it seems to just give it a controlled tail slide on exits. I really do love the car and is worth every dollar

importcustomx where were you when i need you like 4 months ago??
lolz
i hate those guys who argue with me saying "oh our is econoboxes, just get a sti or dodge srt-4" but he still drives ep and keep posting stuff
well yeah our car is not really the fastest but i know k-series has a lot of room for improvements and also depends on your setup

A lot of room for improvement but most people do not want to spend an extra 15-20k extra on top of buying the car to make it handle better, brake better, more powerful, and look more agressive.

Cheep3
11-19-2010, 06:47 AM
:pop2:

k20hatch
11-19-2010, 06:53 AM
:pop2:

haha hey man dont hog it..pass me some!

Passenger
11-19-2010, 07:28 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/e6dt8o.jpg

Heitzke
11-19-2010, 07:51 AM
fuck yooouuuu

FoReVaPmP
11-19-2010, 08:04 AM

I haz an iphone too..... :msmile:

ShadowEP3
11-19-2010, 08:10 AM

best female tv host IMO :mwink:

Deadphishy
11-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Wow thread! you lost a lot of weight! good for you.

Yum Yum Iphone Diet i guess.

ImportCustomx
11-19-2010, 11:42 AM
haha...i think i feel hate free...how ever do you remove such hate :)

my posts were valid

AKEP
11-19-2010, 12:23 PM
speaking of "hearing" vtec...

i switched ep3 for dc5 at the track once, and hearing my car take off, made no noise until ~5k.

the same noise as a dc5 from a stop. lol.

but from inside i swear it was roaring!

then a guy from infront of me said "man that car has LSD and VTEC! but its only hitting 15!"

true story. i was there.

Sub
11-19-2010, 01:18 PM
WTF is vtec (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_K_engine)?

its that stuff that makes ur car go bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

^^

showoff3civic
11-19-2010, 01:19 PM
speaking of "hearing" vtec...

i switched ep3 for dc5 at the track once, and hearing my car take off, made no noise until ~5k.

the same noise as a dc5 from a stop. lol.

but from inside i swear it was roaring!

then a guy from infront of me said "man that car has LSD and VTEC! but its only hitting 15!"

true story. i was there.

wut?

VividSI
11-19-2010, 10:34 PM
actually now that i think about it the only people who ever said that to me had junk yard civics that looked like they were going to fall apart. do i detect jealousy? I have to say the EP3 is hondas best looking hatch then second the 96-00 EK. why cant honda give what the people want? i understand the people who like the coupe and maybe even a 4dr but why cant they just have 3 civics and include a revised EP 3dr in the mix? the reason why they may have been dissapointed in sales is because they only offered it in the Si trim and now they are repeating the mistake with the CRZ only being a hybrid. people need options and variety. they just want to crap on or eliminate the enthusiast with their current direction with the business so they can be like toyota which means if you want performance look at an Acura/Lexus

sleepy ep3
11-19-2010, 11:11 PM

I wish I was that iPhone.

bluebullitt2003
11-20-2010, 12:36 AM
this is the best vtec changeover i have ever witnessed (jokingly) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrMbGo7zROg fast forward to 1:50 lol

Sucka
11-20-2010, 02:52 AM
Lots of great info in here.

showoff3civic
11-20-2010, 08:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAK2ZHWjd9E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObHjXs-R_T0&NR=1

vtec :-X

ace of spades
11-20-2010, 09:39 PM
that first video sounds awesome with headphones on.

Sucka
11-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Nice exhaust in the second video.

shanewdude
11-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Yah, I listened to both vids over and over. Mangasmic, dude. :thumbu: "Real" vtec or not, I want a 3-lobe, high rpm vtec engagement on my engine one day.

showoff3civic
11-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Nice exhaust in the second video.

mugen ftw :-)

IBx1
11-21-2010, 05:46 PM
I love how, stock for stock, because of the extra torque our engines make, my EP3 is faster with an A3 than my friend's '09 with a Z3. The new Si's have the horsepower of an EP3-R A2 but the torque of an EM1, and you feel the big lack of torque in those heavier cars.

Paul 631
11-21-2010, 05:56 PM
this thread needs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZUDDsVUq48

vvtteecc!!...

ImportCustomx
11-22-2010, 06:06 AM
this thread actually has some decent stuff in it... love the videos. good way to start my monday

FoReVaPmP
11-22-2010, 08:21 AM
this thread actually has some decent stuff in it... love the videos. good way to start my monday

UR day starts when you hear "real" VteK..... :msmile:

showoff3civic
11-22-2010, 08:55 AM
UR day starts when you hear "real" VteK..... :msmile:

or the sounds of the turbo spooooling like crazy!

FoReVaPmP
11-22-2010, 09:05 AM
:msmooch: UR Vtak will run circles around yo BooSt!~!!.... :mangel:

:tehe:

ImportCustomx
11-22-2010, 09:53 AM
my day did start great..i took the ep3 to work today...all of it and its skunk2 goodness... my k24 monster....and needless to say...after 45 minutes of that, it was nice to see this.

i walk evo's :p

Showoff
Did you call Tom/Matt @ wicked innovation yet?

showoff3civic
11-22-2010, 12:43 PM
my day did start great..i took the ep3 to work today...all of it and its skunk2 goodness... my k24 monster....and needless to say...after 45 minutes of that, it was nice to see this.

i walk evo's :p

Showoff
Did you call Tom/Matt @ wicked innovation yet?

no, im not going to get it tuned until the spring.

ImportCustomx
11-22-2010, 02:12 PM
i'd call them for knowledge and let them know you'll be coming down in spring :) they are getting that busy

DRP967
11-22-2010, 03:58 PM
The K20A3 is a good motor, its not fast but its good.

4lugSLUG
11-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Bump for no VTAK!!!1!11 lolz

ImportCustomx
11-29-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=ZBI24NKCm9c
there's mine...i haz da v-tec

cant really tell becuase i crept past the camera, so drove by in 2nd high gear

sleepy ep3
11-29-2010, 03:04 PM
My car doesn't have vtec. It doesn't even run right now. But soon...the k24/k20z3 beast will breathe it's first breath. I have been too busy to work on the car much.

cronicEP
11-30-2010, 05:51 AM
LULZ ok you got me! thanks for making my morning!

I know the Evo isnt all that fast it will dyno around 260 whp the way it sits but I really dont care about the straight line performance of it, its the earth spinning AWD (im not kidding I swear when i get into a courner the earth spins an 8th rotation) and the performance of not needing to wait for vtec on a short technical course. The turbo lag compared to older evo's are pretty much not there and it has mivec so even at full boost at 4000 rpms it still builds power almost up to redline. The Brembos are rock solid, great inital bite and just as good holding power for what most people will be doing with the car. On the track I did boil the brake fluid so next year I will be putting in motul RBF600 and maybe braided brake lines. The interior is a little cheap feeling but the recaros are really really really nice and the 600 watt Rockford sterio is a positive when on those long ass trips. Also the AWC + S-AWC is just a pure pleasure to drive, this is the first car I have ever owned where I enjoy it at 4000 RPM's but enjoy it even more at 7500 RPM's. The handling is also just pure driving pleasure, the steering wheel is only 2 turns lock to lock (most cars are 4) and with the power on demand it seems to just give it a controlled tail slide on exits. I really do love the car and is worth every dollar

Im glad i made you morning.

Yes the New evo is a very nice car. I was able to be lucky enough to drive one of my good friend's evo 10 the other day. And i really liked it compared to the older lag heavy evo 8's. Yes the interior could be a little nicer but overall i thought it was a good overall setup for track use but not straight lines. I would love to take one out on Road atlanta. I'm getting over straight line racing and racing in general. Looking into buying a track car. Not sure which make and model yet. maybe miata with swap or SC.