PDA

View Full Version : My car hit the Big 110k mark... what should i check maintence wise...

Prracer
11-16-2010, 04:50 PM
well like clock work my door lock soleniod went out and my bolts on my manifold and catalict converter rotten out at 60k, then at 75k my end rod needed to be replace and that v tec soleniod screen clog happened, i hit 100k and my tension pulley seized replaced that just recently... Now im sitting here trying to see if you guys can recommend what else i shold start looking at before it messes up... i noticed my car isnt as queit as it used to be like the cams seem to sound a little bit more louder then im used to hearing... Other then that everything else seems to be running fine... But i know thiis is the mileage where maintence is key so what do you guys recommend i should start changing or looking at?

RedSiBaron
11-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Replace everything...or else

Jharobikesr2
11-16-2010, 06:44 PM
I would recommend checking your tie rod ends and ball joints especially if you have lowered your car.

AKEP
11-17-2010, 03:01 AM
DEF do your valve lash, one thing i haven't done.
At least on your 2nd set of spark plugs, changed mine at 90k w/no problem - shame on me.
Check fluids like Brake MC and Clutch MC resivoirs. - bleed/flush/add as needed.
Serp Belt - check it.
I think we're supposed to change the tranny fluid every 30-40k also, so that should be checked too while your down there changing the oil.

I've not run into any problems with my EP. its basically stock as it sits minus S-Tech springs.

talonXracer
11-17-2010, 05:59 AM
At least on your 2nd set of spark plugs, changed mine at 90k w/no problem - shame on me.

The stock plugs have blown their wad by 60K miles easily

AKEP
11-17-2010, 07:42 AM
i know, i even told myself at 55k to do it, then i just didnt. =[

Prracer
11-17-2010, 02:43 PM
i know, i even told myself at 55k to do it, then i just didnt. =[

i havnt changed them at all :O( double shame on me:mcry:... which are the best spark plugs to get for our car?

powdbyrice
11-18-2010, 12:17 AM
if you're not heavily modded, oem.

i'm at 165k. need complete fluid flush and valve adjustment. i'm just lazy. at least i've changed the plugs.

Prracer
11-18-2010, 12:34 PM
DEF do your valve lash, one thing i haven't done.
Check fluids like Brake MC and Clutch MC resivoirs. - bleed/flush/add as needed.
Serp Belt - check it.
I think we're supposed to change the tranny fluid every 30-40k also, so that should be checked too while your down there changing the oil.

I've not run into any problems with my EP. its basically stock as it sits minus S-Tech springs.

i kinda feel dumb asking but what do you mean valve lash? i had a vavle adjustment in the summertime but honestly make no difference car still sounds like it has stage 2 cams on it or something... Sounds like the cams to me but i might be wrong

Prracer
11-18-2010, 12:36 PM
i work 65hrs a week so when i get home last thing on my mind is maintence but i guess it isnt until its starts to give you problems that you realize how important it really is... Ever since they broke into my car 2 times and stolen my audio and exterior parts i've lost the urge to baby my car... But its been good to me so I do need to stop slacking

Aaron_in_MO
11-21-2010, 09:00 AM
The stock plugs have blown their wad by 60K miles easily

Honda says the stock plugs should be replaced at 110k.