PDA

View Full Version : No more jdm!!!!!! Finally!!!!

ep3moschini
11-16-2010, 06:55 PM
http://www.leftlanenews.com/honda-ends-domestic-sales-of-civic-model.html

Interesting.

I find this to be great, maybe we will see a CTR state side in the future

ep3egg
11-16-2010, 07:16 PM
i agree very interesting nice post!

DrZfInEsT
11-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Sad to hear that especially with the legacy of the civic and for how long it's been in Honda's lineup.

Twisted-X
11-16-2010, 08:21 PM
I've always considered the Fit to be the successor to the Ep3 anyways. Since the Civic is still doing fairly well in the US, I wonder if Acura will take it over?

Tokin_Buds
11-16-2010, 08:35 PM

Forget about it.. we will see Zeus from Greek mythology walking around a Honda dealer before Honda decides to release the CTR for the US.

socmex7
11-16-2010, 10:38 PM
we have the Si state side. you're telling me that Honda is going to try and market 2 performance brands. the Si brand is established in the states, the type r isn't. i am of course talking on a national level, all of us know of it because we are into cars. but not every American is. either way, the price increase alone is more than enough for a new motor if you still need more power... .02

willy_akino
11-17-2010, 01:04 AM
the ctr will never come to the states. plus honda stop making typeR

ep3demon
11-17-2010, 05:21 AM
its no wonder a type r will never come and y would anybody ever want to pay for one. the price of the last gen si is near a base model wrx or ralliart both cars that would shit on a type r in every way possible. i for one will remember the civic for the great little car it was and will always be and it will leave its mark in history for sure. but lets face it honda has gone the way of the pansy. i say no thanks on your mugen body kit fits and hybrid crap cars. my ep is the last honda i will own.

talonXracer
11-17-2010, 05:53 AM
The EP3 was the last true Si. Honda has a bunch of morons running their US markets, the North American market will never see a top of the heap performance machine.

Kerby
11-17-2010, 06:13 AM
The EP3 was the last true Si.

You said it sir!

but wait a minute... if there isn't anymore civic... does this mean a k20 will be in a Fit soon?!

like a Fit Type-S

showoff3civic
11-17-2010, 06:58 AM
You said it sir!

but wait a minute... if there isn't anymore civic... does this mean a k20 will be in a Fit soon?!

like a Fit Type-S

Dont count on this anytime soon... Honda is all about fuel milage and efficiency as of right now

ttttrigg3r
11-17-2010, 08:25 AM
wait... so the last gen SI isn't a real SI??

ep3moschini
11-17-2010, 09:44 AM
wait... so the last gen SI isn't a real SI??

its the same size as a friggin accord lol

RedSiBaron
11-17-2010, 10:07 AM
I've always considered the Fit to be the successor to the Ep3 anyways. Since the Civic is still doing fairly well in the US, I wonder if Acura will take it over?

Uhh, fyi the first fit that we got was designed by the same guy as the ep and at the same time in the early 2000s. As a result it was released at the same time as the ep as eell, we just didn't get it until half a decade later...so its not a successor, though I think honda was planning on the fit to replace the segment in the market that the civic traditionally held, move the civic into the accord slot and make the accord bigger and move it up again. Honda of america will still sell the civic stateside and euro honda will still product the hatch is my guess...the article is just stating that honda will no longer sell the civic in japan

the ctr will never come to the states. plus honda stop making typeR

Im so tired of people missunderstanding what happened, honda stopped producing the civic type r hatch in europe, they are currently undergoing retooling for the 2012 model civic hatches in europe, so they need to change out the factory for the next model. This means they may still produce a type r hatch again, they just need to get the factory ready. Cars don't magically get built. Plus the type r hatch has sold well in europe, I don't know if why they'd kill it there.

its no wonder a type r will never come and y would anybody ever want to pay for one. the price of the last gen si is near a base model wrx or ralliart both cars that would shit on a type r in every way possible. i for one will remember the civic for the great little car it was and will always be and it will leave its mark in history for sure. but lets face it honda has gone the way of the pansy. i say no thanks on your mugen body kit fits and hybrid crap cars. my ep is the last honda i will own.

Uhh well in europe the type r has sold very well, so they are interested...

As for the hybrid cars, how bout you go try driving one...the system in the crz gives you added electric boost in the form of about 15hp and 58ftlbs tq...the engine always runs and the car only weighs 2550lbs...the electric motor and small battery do not weigh much...in my oppinion every car should have the honda ima system.

Dammit people understand, well still be getting a new civic and so will europe, just japan wont...

.colin
11-17-2010, 10:29 AM
that means we have the last si hatchback woot

ep3moschini
11-17-2010, 10:35 AM
^ just to add, im sure there not going to scratch advances in K-series tech just because japan wont have a car. im sure the new Si will be called an Si but with powertrain of a CTR.

and for all the people that said a CTR would not sell in the US, lets talk about ITR sales in the US, because there were alot

RedSiBaron
11-17-2010, 10:53 AM

Not necessarily, there may be another since there are already spy shots of the next euro civic hatch, so its not out of the question we wont get one someday, but you are right we probably wont get another unless they do si hatch as well as a coupe and/or sedan.

^ just to add, im sure there not going to scratch advances in K-series tech just because japan wont have a car. im sure the new Si will be called an Si but with powertrain of a CTR.

and for all the people that said a CTR would not sell in the US, lets talk about ITR sales in the US, because there were alot

Absolutely NO WAY IN HELL they would scrap the k series, they use it in a ton of vehicles and its their new dual cam four with millions invested into development. At the end of the day if you have a 200+hp k series with an lsd 6spd transmission, you basically have a type r drivetrain, oh wait, holy shit we already have that...I love the type r ep3 because it was so different when it came out, but at this point the current si is just lacking in suspension, that's about it...we'll get another si for 2012 model and it'll be even faster...calling it an si or type r at this point is a pretty pointless differentiation. I hope honda puts the IMA in the next si...id love electric boost on a 220hp k series, it'll have like 200ft lbs of torque if they did that!

LLH
11-17-2010, 02:13 PM
R20 singel cam is the shit these days for cars that need 150hp.. K20a3 is long gone..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_R_engine

4 hp less than a K20a3 and 3nm less than my K20a2... and that is a single cam engine

But i think the 200+hp K series engines will be used for some more years.. but not that long.. Just look at the b series, nissan`s SR20DE both lasted for 12-14 years.. and god know how many versions nissan made of the SR20De engine to fit the diffrent emmisions rules.. And The 200+hp K series can continue to exist becase honda has lots of low hp cars.. All car manufacturers must have certain % of cars thats produces less a than XX amount of co2/km.. honda can handle this.. ferrari can`t..

ep3moschini
11-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I didnt say scrap the k-series, I meant the advancements in the k-series that have not hit the streets yet, im sure they have the ability to make more stock power.

sleepy ep3
11-17-2010, 06:00 PM
This old news. Strange never the less

SHG_EasyE
11-18-2010, 05:46 AM

The FD2 CTR is actually faster around the track than an evo9, Rx7 bathurst, and R34 GTR. Dont post opinionated bullcrap, thats how people get to thinking that kind of crap in the first place.

SHG_EasyE
11-18-2010, 05:46 AM
I didnt say scrap the k-series, I meant the advancements in the k-series that have not hit the streets yet, im sure they have the ability to make more stock power.

A-Vtec baby :)

ImportCustomx
11-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Uhh, fyi the first fit that we got was designed by the same guy as the ep and at the same time in the early 2000s. As a result it was released at the same time as the ep as eell, we just didn't get it until half a decade later...so its not a successor, though I think honda was planning on the fit to replace the segment in the market that the civic traditionally held, move the civic into the accord slot and make the accord bigger and move it up again. Honda of america will still sell the civic stateside and euro honda will still product the hatch is my guess...the article is just stating that honda will no longer sell the civic in japan

Im so tired of people missunderstanding what happened, honda stopped producing the civic type r hatch in europe, they are currently undergoing retooling for the 2012 model civic hatches in europe, so they need to change out the factory for the next model. This means they may still produce a type r hatch again, they just need to get the factory ready. Cars don't magically get built. Plus the type r hatch has sold well in europe, I don't know if why they'd kill it there.

Uhh well in europe the type r has sold very well, so they are interested...

As for the hybrid cars, how bout you go try driving one...the system in the crz gives you added electric boost in the form of about 15hp and 58ftlbs tq...the engine always runs and the car only weighs 2550lbs...the electric motor and small battery do not weigh much...in my oppinion every car should have the honda ima system.

Dammit people understand, well still be getting a new civic and so will europe, just japan wont...

The crz is wicked fun to drive. Drove it, Love it, want it. its awesome. and fully loaded for 22,100 is what the dealer offered to me. 6 speed spoiler and lips etc.

people need to read the entire article. Just japan market is not getting a civic. everyone else is getting one. Over in japan that fit is huge. supposedly 1.5 million sales over the year.

ttttrigg3r
11-18-2010, 08:13 AM
What about replacing the battery? Rumor is you have to replace hybrid batteries every 5 years for a cost of around $3000. Any of that true?

sleepy ep3
11-18-2010, 09:14 AM
The EP3 was the last true Si. Honda has a bunch of morons running their US markets, the North American market will never see a top of the heap performance machine.

Funny. I said Honda had their head up their ass in another thread and got attacked for it. Guess you can't fix stupid. They will not bring the type r over here. Never happen. Enjoy your hybrids? I sure hope so, thats all that Honda will offer in about 5 years.

RedSiBaron
11-18-2010, 09:27 AM
The crz is wicked fun to drive. Drove it, Love it, want it. its awesome. and fully loaded for 22,100 is what the dealer offered to me. 6 speed spoiler and lips etc.

people need to read the entire article. Just japan market is not getting a civic. everyone else is getting one. Over in japan that fit is huge. supposedly 1.5 million sales over the year.

Nice, my mother picked up her crz 2 days after they shipped them to dealers...she got the white ex 6spd with no nav...I prefer it without all the body additions...I took her to look at it after driving one the day before just because I wanted to show her what I felt was one of the most impressive cars I've seen this decade, and im serious there, as a car designer iim that impressed with it. A lot of that has to do with the value. Anyway, my mother drove it and said "I have to have this, I've never wanted a car more!" So she traded in her 07 altima for 1k above kbb (she's a media sales executive haha) and got her payments the same as the altima and her insurance went down AND she's saving $100 in gas every month. To me she did it right, plus she's selling it to me when she's done with it.

What about replacing the battery? Rumor is you have to replace hybrid batteries every 5 years for a cost of around $3000. Any of that true?

That's old bullshit created by haters. On the old nickel batteries you could expect atleast 10 years on them, a lot of the old insights are just now having that problem, the toyotas are not holding up as well. As for current tech, its lithium ion based so its a much much more advanced technology. Hondas ima hybrid systmem uses a very small battery now, the one in the crz is even smaller, it wouldn't cost too much to replace probably 15 20 years down the road is my guess.

ttttrigg3r
11-18-2010, 10:41 AM
I've been loving Honda so far. If I had to get rid of this EP I'd probably get a CRZ. Love small cars. CRX was my favorite.

RedSiBaron
11-18-2010, 11:03 AM
I've been loving Honda so far. If I had to get rid of this EP I'd probably get a CRZ. Love small cars. CRX was my favorite.

When we got the car my mother punched it off the light (and she knows how to drive) and my ep was barely pulling on it, and it pulled with my friends rav 4 swapped scion tc through 3rd and most of 4th and my ep keeps even with that tc in any gear...so it isn't slow at all, handles well too

Tokin_Buds
11-18-2010, 03:10 PM

When we got the car my mother punched it off the light (and she knows how to drive) and my ep was barely pulling on it, and it pulled with my friends rav 4 swapped scion tc through 3rd and most of 4th and my ep keeps even with that tc in any gear...so it isn't slow at all, handles well too

Did you read his comment? Just wondering.. because he didnt say anything about it being slow. I dont get why nobody reads peoples posts..ora t least glance at them..and some how threads go past 5 pages with people getting mad at something that was never said or talking about something that has no relation... I dont get it..

RedSiBaron
11-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Did you read his comment? Just wondering.. because he didnt say anything about it being slow. I dont get why nobody reads peoples posts..ora t least glance at them..and some how threads go past 5 pages with people getting mad at something that was never said or talking about something that has no relation... I dont get it..

i dont get why you are getting out of shape...i was making a point that it wasnt slow, as a reinforcement to his post about how he felt about the crz. im guessing that ep3moschini and i are more than likely the only people to have read every post in this thread...dont come into ephatch and start telling people who have basically built this website from the ground up multiple times how to post or what to say. (thats not to say i was here from the beginning, i wasnt, but ive been a contributing member for almost 5 years and after each of our 2 crashes has contributed to more threads that most people have read in order to provide useful, knowledgeable, and helpful information) so watch who you are pointing fingers at bub :mrolleyes:

ttttrigg3r
11-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Ok no more trouble. I saw my first CRZ about 2 weeks ago and it looks alright. Really want to test drive one now. So the civic is still going to be available for the US market right? Can't wait for the new gen. I hope they shrink it and make it 2200lbs. AND keep cupholders in there.
Also is it just me or does anyone like the name "SI" better than "Type R"? SI sounds a whole lot better.

RedSiBaron
11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Ok no more trouble. I saw my first CRZ about 2 weeks ago and it looks alright. Really want to test drive one now. So the civic is still going to be available for the US market right? Can't wait for the new gen. I hope they shrink it and make it 2200lbs. AND keep cupholders in there.
Also is it just me or does anyone like the name "SI" better than "Type R"? SI sounds a whole lot better.

I've not seen another crz besides my mothers so far...I think they look goofy in grey. Ya they are still going to have the civic in the us and europe, im hoping they will go global with the civic and we get the hatch again. I don't see them shrinking it because it would compete with the fit, but I know they are working on making them lighter, plus grassroots motorsports put their crz on the scales and it actually came in at 2550lbs, which is 100 less than hondas weight claim. I agree I llike Si more as a designation...plus the Si (stands for sport injected) has been around since 84 in the civic crx and 86 in the civic hatch, first type r was in in the late 90s. Unless you count the type r designation used in the honda motorcycles.

02TWSI
11-18-2010, 10:03 PM
They need to redesign the civic into a rear wheel drive already since they hung themselves over the fit.

k20hatch
11-18-2010, 10:35 PM
i mean...i owned a ep...loved it....i also drove a 06 si for a year....how in the hell is that not a true si...what a fun car!

RedSiBaron
11-19-2010, 11:00 AM
They need to redesign the civic into a rear wheel drive already since they hung themselves over the fit.

I disagree, they moved the fit into the civic slot and the civic into the accord slot and the accord got bigger...there's no way in hell they would ever ever make the civic rwd, honda was going to take the acura line to all rwd and awd before the carpocalypse happened in 08, and I know this for a fact from a direct source at honda design :mwink:. And they cut that program as well as the nsx...plus making the civic rwd would be a huge r&d cost expenditure, that in current climates would be extremely risky. And of course its an econo box...the trickiest part I see for honda in the us market currently if they were to make a rwd coupe and/or sedan would be building a vehicle with competitive appearance, build quality, and performance to the new mustang v6 at a better price. Otherwise they'd have a hard time selling an unproven platform in the current economic climate. Plus again, the cost expenditure for r&d on such a vehicle would be very risky.

i mean...i owned a ep...loved it....i also drove a 06 si for a year....how in the hell is that not a true si...what a fun car!

I think peoples primary hold up on the new si are that
1. Its too big
2. Its too heavy
3. Its drive by wire
4. And the split debate some feel since it isn't a hatch its not an si...whatever

I drove one, I liked it, but I didn't like the drive by wire, and prefered my ep. But I still think its an si...it definitely set the bar for the market upon release and has been wildly successful and popular at a competitive price. I only eont like the size and weight on it. Though I think its only 100 more lbs than the ep...

ep3moschini
11-19-2010, 12:45 PM
off topic, but I spotted a teal green CRZ at work today. . . fucking awesome

RedSiBaron
11-19-2010, 01:06 PM

That's a lie they don't sell it in teal

ep3moschini
11-19-2010, 02:00 PM
North Shore Blue Pearl, looks teal to me :mrolleyes:

ImportCustomx
11-19-2010, 02:26 PM
if it was a crx than i would have said nifty.. Tahitian green..but crz color probably looks it in person

ttttrigg3r
11-19-2010, 03:39 PM
What's this "drive by wire" thing? I thought the EP was drive by wire.

RedSiBaron
11-19-2010, 04:32 PM
What's this "drive by wire" thing? I thought the EP was drive by wire.

Have you looked under the hood?

Drive by wire refers to electronically controlled driving inputs, such as throttle braking and steering...I think honda has only done drive by wire throttle...the ep3 does not have drive by wire. It is an electric assist steering, meaning it has an electric motor that kicks in to help us move the rack, which gives more feedback versus a hydraulic power steering. Our brakes and clutch are hydraulic direct imput into hydraulic cylinders and our thrtottle is a direct cable input into the throttle body...I hope that helps

4lugSLUG
12-01-2010, 10:17 AM

why in the hell would you say that? why arent the new si's an si? what made the ep3 a true si? i think you full of it. im just kidding by the way.

hoenstly tho why do you say the ep is the last true si? I think i know the answer but i'm seeking knowledge from a higher power.

codyep3
12-01-2010, 10:22 AM
why in the hell would you say that? why arent the new si's an si? what made the ep3 a true si? i think you full of it. im just kidding by the way.

hoenstly tho why do you say the ep is the last true si? I think i know the answer but i'm seeking knowledge from a higher power.

the ep3 has an SI specific chassi? I think that explains the last true SI because of the fact that all other SI's share the same chassi

Just saying

RedSiBaron
12-01-2010, 10:49 AM
the ep3 has an SI specific chassi? I think that explains the last true SI because of the fact that all other SI's share the same chassi

Just saying

Ya, but the eg si and ef si and the ea si shared the same chassis with their non si counterparts...he may be refering to the fact its the last of the e chassis, or that its gained weight and size, or its goofy rear suspension, or the fact its drive by wire and its disconnected feeling as a result of this, or that the car is hard to work on, or that. Its no longer a simple car and has more bells and whistles...

LLH
12-01-2010, 11:12 AM
the ep3 got EBD, but not VSA..

lift of oversteer, and left foot braking FTW :P

and the ABS on the ep3 is of the patient kind..

:)

4lugSLUG
12-01-2010, 03:34 PM
i thought it might have just been the fact that it stayed true to the si hatch that it started off as. not this coupe and sedan crap because people like it more. f*ck what they like. make a car and keep it true or dont make it at all.

sleepy ep3
12-01-2010, 05:24 PM

Dude, the cr-z is fucking hideous. Catfish grill, insight back end, new camary headlights. A poor mash up of tired parts. There. I said it.

SandBagger
12-02-2010, 03:57 PM
I love the EP3. so many other compaines tried to copy it. The Ep3 does very well on the road course for all the poeple that are joking on the suspension and stuff. The Ep3 and the DC5 are almost the same chassis, thus should of had the K20a2 sicspd. However that would of hurt the TypeS sales. Like said before the SI was dissed for the Acura. HOwever the new SI's are heavy but work well on the road course

02ES1
12-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Dude, the cr-z is fucking hideous. Catfish grill, insight back end, new camary headlights. A poor mash up of tired parts. There. I said it.

I'm glad I saw someone else say this after all the praise I've read on here about the CR-Z. While I'm impressed from a performance/engineering point of view, I thought the design was ugly as hell the first time I saw one. I was really disappointed since they were touting this as a follow up to the crx legacy. I guess I'm also sad because they made this, which I think is ugly, and there is no longer an S2K, a hatchback, or an RSX/Integra (I know Acura, not Honda), or anything to replace those cars in their line-ups.

Tokin_Buds
12-21-2010, 10:25 PM
I think the CR-Z is ugly too.. it's just a "lazy" design and I think it could have easily been better..the back end definetly looks just lame.

You know what would have made the EP a smash hit? if it would have had a type-r exterior with jdm type-r interior with a k20a3 and 6speed/bigger brakes, that would have been ace and it wouldnt have cut into type-s sales because it would still be slower.

02ES1
12-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Honestly, my only really big complaint is that they didn't give it a 6 speed. When I first bought my car and started driving home from the dealer, I almost tried to shift into "6th" gear at least twice. Those revs are just sooo freaking high on the freeway I thought for sure I hadn't upshifted lol.

2k3hatchie
12-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Honestly, my only really big complaint is that they didn't give it a 6 speed. When I first bought my car and started driving home from the dealer, I almost tried to shift into "6th" gear at least twice. Those revs are just sooo freaking high on the freeway I thought for sure I hadn't upshifted lol.

^this for sure. Even after owning it for a year I still check to make sure I didn't leave it in 4th lol.

DA9_GSR
12-23-2010, 05:36 PM
I hope no one nails me to the cross on this, I feel the EP3 was a fail. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my EP3. Honda released a Civic that was directly in competition with the base RSX. Bad decision. At the time, it boiled down to owning a Honda or Acura. Most people chose the Acura (with resale in mind). Plus, the obscurely positioned shifter scared a lot of people. I love the shifter! I chose the EP over the RSX because the EP seems to be the "less beaten path". Plus, I prefer the body style of the Civic over the RSX.

The future of the Civic in other markets will still remain the same. We will still have the coupe's and sedan's and Europe will still want their hatches and Type R's. Honda Motor Company International would be absolutely stupid to get rid of the Civic's in other markets where it's strong. Picture 10-20 years from now, when the EG's, EK's, EM's and EP's are all rotted away (for the most part) and most people are driving this "new" Civic, They won't have a JDM Civic Type R to duplicate. The JDM Civic scene is going to die. Honda Japan has always kept the best part of any Type R's to itself. The JDM DC2's had their shorter geared transmissions, the EK9's never made it to North America, the JDM EP3's were the only EP's to have the true K20A powertrain. Therefore, I doubt they'll ever make a Civic Type R again. I'm concerned about the import scene. We are going to see less and less "tuner Civic's" as the years go on. The Integra is going to prevail. I'll bet you Acura launches a new coupe in the next two years. This will be the new tuner scene. Or, people are going to shift away from Honda because most people can't afford the S2000 and NSX.

HeartTreyEP3
01-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Exactly what I was thinking.

HeartTreyEP3
01-09-2011, 01:44 AM
That's old bullshit created by haters. On the old nickel batteries you could expect atleast 10 years on them, a lot of the old insights are just now having that problem, the toyotas are not holding up as well. As for current tech, its lithium ion based so its a much much more advanced technology. Hondas ima hybrid systmem uses a very small battery now, the one in the crz is even smaller, it wouldn't cost too much to replace probably 15 20 years down the road is my guess.
Just a side story really quick -- my dad had an 2002 Toyota Hybrid and it actually ended up catching fire at 6:00 in the morning all by itself. I, getting home from my then graveyard shift job, came home and noticed the car in flames in the driveway next to my brother and my mother's car. Moved the car, called the fire department, blah blah blah, fire was put out. After, i looked into it and i guess other people had this same problem, but the difference was, their car was in their garage and burned their house down. Crazy. Just thought I'd share.

sleepy ep3
01-09-2011, 02:07 PM
You can understand why so many people on here thought the cr-z looked great if you look at the shoe thread on here. Truly hideous what some people consider to look good.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
01-12-2011, 09:43 AM
crz looks great from the front...not the back

that's the dealbreak

i was waiting to see what the crz would be like now im just gonna stick to my ep
and do a motorswap get rid of this stupid k20a3 5spd
honda couldve at least given the ep a 6spd
HONDA IS LOSING THEIR TOUCH
stupidf***s are running the business

theres no rsx/integra. no good looking civic 2 drs. no s2k.

i mean wtf they turned into toyota there is absolutely no sporty car anymore

the crz is sport yes but it is buttt ugly! i get that that depends on taste and opinion of whether or not you think its ugly
but its a 2 door insight....thats all it is looks wise

im gonna be keeping my ep for as long as i can because it is the last good looking civic that i like
ill be doing a motor swap to extend the life of the ep3

sleepy ep3
01-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Honda is focusing more on becoming a marketing company, rather than an engineering company. It clearly evident in all their recent designs and strategies. And as long as soccer moms and geeky fucks keep buying into it, it will never stop. I mean, their mascot is a fucking CARTOON for crying out loud. As to the title of this thread, the death of the JDM civic...uh..that's a bad thing, just so you know. Think about it. Half of the parts you want (Spoon, Mugen, ARC, etc) are developed for the JDM civic in japan, it just so happens that they fit your usdm car too. No civic in japan, no fancy parts for your civic here. Sadly enough, JDM is one of the only thing that keeps the import car culture alive. Who do you think kept it going this long? Neon lights and APC? Get real. The death of the JDM civic is a tragedy, but who am I to argue?

EP3PMG
04-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Preach it!

johnnydanger
04-27-2011, 04:58 PM
i saw a japanese guy naked.

RedSiBaron
04-27-2011, 08:16 PM

Johnny just won the thread...

johnnydanger
04-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Johnny just won the thread...

ha ha ha!!!

Tougeep3
04-27-2011, 09:15 PM
I just don't see the SI as a viable option anymore. Subaru, Mitsubishi, Ford, Chevy, hell even Hyundai have better Sporty options than Honda does now. You're throwing a 200 hp N/A, FWD in a pool of AWD, RWD, turbochargers, V-6s, not to mention TORQUE.

The civic SI died here when it became overpriced and out classed. Over $22,000 for a FWD civic, really?

lbk02si
04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
http://www.leftlanenews.com/honda-ends-domestic-sales-of-civic-model.html

Interesting.

Omg seriously if I hear one more person say we could possibly get the ctr here Im just gonna lose it. I'll say this one more time: WE'LL NEVER GET THE CTR HERE!!! If it ever came here it'd be in the price range of a STI or Evo and would never sell enough for Honda to make money. Get over it, it's never coming here.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-28-2011, 10:21 AM
idk about you guys but
i've parked next to a fit before and i find its very close in size... not much smaller

i think honda has lost their touch
IMO all the newer cars are getting uglier and uglier and bigger and heavier for no good reason

mitchlikesbikes
04-28-2011, 04:50 PM
idk about you guys but
i've parked next to a fit before and i find its very close in size... not much smaller

i think honda has lost their touch
IMO all the newer cars are getting uglier and uglier and bigger and heavier for no good reason

yeah for real. almost every car was smaller 15 years ago besides like cadillac and lincoln boatmobiles. Geos, camrys, corollas, almost any honda, smaller toyota/nissan trucks, etc. other than the fit, the tiny ass cars that got 35mpg+(without being a hybrid) and lasted to 250k miles or more are dead. how many geos and pre 1995 corollas/civics do you still see nowadays? i'm curious to see if there will be that many of today's cars on the road in 15 years. they just don't make em like they used too

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-29-2011, 07:40 AM
yeah for real. almost every car was smaller 15 years ago besides like cadillac and lincoln boatmobiles. Geos, camrys, corollas, almost any honda, smaller toyota/nissan trucks, etc. other than the fit, the tiny ass cars that got 35mpg+(without being a hybrid) and lasted to 250k miles or more are dead. how many geos and pre 1995 corollas/civics do you still see nowadays? i'm curious to see if there will be that many of today's cars on the road in 15 years. they just don't make em like they used too

im sure a lot of that has to do with government safety regulations...but there really is no excuse for a unneccesarily heavy civic
thats just bad engineering

its a shame that theres no type r....discontinued it just when i could afford one
not that i'd buy it anyways it'd prolly be ugly

the 8th gen civics were ok looking...

imo the ep was the last civic that kept the civic look and feel(thats why i own one)

the 9th gen looks like a freaking accord

the crz actually looks good but being a 2 seater i wouldn't be able to buy one...i need back seats

Kerby
04-29-2011, 08:00 AM

you want to know why toyotas don't longer anymore or have all these issues? Because they are not imported from Japan. They are MADE here in the US. When has any US domestic auto product actually last and still get 35+ MPG? You want to know why cars get bigger? Cause Americans keeping eating and getting bigger.

sleepy ep3
04-29-2011, 12:40 PM
you want to know why toyotas don't longer anymore or have all these issues? Because they are not imported from Japan. They are MADE here in the US. When has any US domestic auto product actually last and still get 35+ MPG? You want to know why cars get bigger? Cause Americans keeping eating and getting bigger.
I know. I'm hungry all the time. Lol

mitchlikesbikes
04-29-2011, 02:49 PM

yeah there's definitely a lot of reasons it happened. i'm just bummed that it DID happen haha

dkid15
05-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I love the EP3. so many other compaines tried to copy it. The Ep3 does very well on the road course for all the poeple that are joking on the suspension and stuff. The Ep3 and the DC5 are almost the same chassis, thus should of had the K20a2 sicspd. However that would of hurt the TypeS sales. Like said before the SI was dissed for the Acura. HOwever the new SI's are heavy but work well on the road course

Eh i agree with you about the new SI's being good for the road course. Our cars stock are decent. The k20a3 is also better off with the 5 speed for a few reasons.
1) better suited for the k20a3
2) better for people like me who swap in a big boy motor;)

Tokin_Buds
05-02-2011, 08:54 AM
I just dont get why people say it would have hurt Type-S sales, the Type-S is Acura and the SI is Honda, I know they are both Honda but they are both sold at different dealerships.

So, Why couldnt the Honda dealer sell a K20A2 6spd SI and the Acura dealer sell their Type-S?

T_Virus
05-02-2011, 12:18 PM
I just dont get why people say it would have hurt Type-S sales, the Type-S is Acura and the SI is Honda, I know they are both Honda but they are both sold at different dealerships.

So, Why couldnt the Honda dealer sell a K20A2 6spd SI and the Acura dealer sell their Type-S?

They did. Well, not Si but UKDM Type R. It's only Honda of America that didn't.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
05-02-2011, 11:13 PM
They did. Well, not Si but UKDM Type R. It's only Honda of America that didn't.

it really doesnt make sense why they gimped the ep3 si with the k20a3 motor...

i feel like it really hurt ep3 sales and is the major reason why it didnt sell well in the U.S
and thus why there arent many on the roads and stuff

although the lineup during that time was also too diverse...
the 4dr/2dr ...then theres the em2, along with the ep3

the way honda has it now is good
the si/2dr/4dr all look similar and it is easy to distinguish the 3, at the same time not change the cars too much
i'm not a fan of the new civics tho
too many of them rolling around on the roads

NEO_FOLLOWER2
05-02-2011, 11:14 PM
dunno why it double posted sry

AKAahlecks
05-06-2011, 10:29 AM
it really doesnt make sense why they gimped the ep3 si with the k20a3 motor...

i feel like it really hurt ep3 sales and is the major reason why it didnt sell well in the U.S
and thus why there arent many on the roads and stuff

although the lineup during that time was also too diverse...
the 4dr/2dr ...then theres the em2, along with the ep3

im with you on the motor issue, i wish the ep came with a stronger motor

but i dont think the lineup was an issue. i mean if you look it by trim levels dx/lx/ex/si. i would figure if people wanted and si theyd pick up an si. and the rest? well we will leave it to the rest.

EDIT: actually, shit. now that i think about it haha youre right. there were a lot of options for that year.

DA9_GSR
05-06-2011, 04:40 PM
We have to remember that we are talking about Honda America here. Honda America (shares hand in hand with Acura) had the Acura RSX Type S on the lineup. To release a vehicle that directly competes with itself would be crazy. GM, for example, has been using this tactic for quite some time now and have learned the hard way that it doesn't work, eg: Chev Cobalt / Pontiac Pursuit, Chev Aveo / Pontiac Wave / Suzuki Swift. They thought that rebranding the same vehicle 6 different ways would dominate the market. It didn't work. It won't work and Honda America knew that and didn't want to compete with itself. I'm sure statistics would show the RSX beat the EP3 in sales due to the fact the EP3 was essentially the same as the RSX base. At the end of the day it boiled down to owning a Honda or an Acura. Acura, generally speaking, being the "luxurious" Honda make, most people picked it.

Just a side note...... I love the EP3 more than the RSX!

DA9_GSR
05-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Also, rumour has it, Acura is sneaking the ideas of a new coupe to come in the next year or two. If that's the case, I would want a car that could compete with the subaru sti's and the mitsubishi evo's. Start working on that 2.4L Honda motor. Get it to the 110hp / liter range (like the K20A) and squeeze around 260-270hp. Mate that motor to a short geared 6 speed manual transmission with the infamous Honda LSD and you'll have me sleeping at the dealership door for launch day waiting to get the first one on the road! Booya!

Andrew
05-08-2011, 11:44 PM

such a wonderful feeling!

on a side not, i just had a class presentation and a student vouched that she had her prius for 5+ years and has not changed the battery once

good god foreals? you're mom is a boss. i'm glad i read through this thread on the last 15 minutes of mother's day

You can understand why so many people on here thought the cr-z looked great if you look at the shoe thread on here. Truly hideous what some people consider to look good.

LOL

personally i think that is a complete fail LOL

Also, rumour has it, Acura is sneaking the ideas of a new coupe to come in the next year or two. If that's the case, I would want a car that could compete with the subaru sti's and the mitsubishi evo's. Start working on that 2.4L Honda motor. Get it to the 110hp / liter range (like the K20A) and squeeze around 260-270hp. Mate that motor to a short geared 6 speed manual transmission with the infamous Honda LSD and you'll have me sleeping at the dealership door for launch day waiting to get the first one on the road! Booya!

i think the 2011 Civic Si has that exact motor set up you listed out

Tokin_Buds
05-09-2011, 12:11 AM
DA9_GSR,

Hondas JDM Type-R LSD is made by Helical, fyi.

And Honda North America HATES fast Hondas, I dont expect anything good from them except another lousy hybrid with skinny tires and performnce that could not rival a donkey.

hothatch
05-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I hate how us honda treats us