PDA

View Full Version : 2004 ep3 passenger side bulb removal tip

ep3ricerocket
11-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi all
Does anyone have suggestions on changing the low beam (9006) bulb? There is very little space to work with between the rad support and windshield washer bottle. Thanks

Johnny
11-17-2010, 01:49 AM
That's strange. I went to kragen to purchase some 9006 bulbs as one was out. I ended up doing it in the dark as their was no light. Only took a few minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't it just be a twist and pull and the plug pops out? Very easy.

TXEP3
11-29-2010, 07:51 AM
That's strange. I went to kragen to purchase some 9006 bulbs as one was out. I ended up doing it in the dark as their was no light. Only took a few minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't it just be a twist and pull and the plug pops out? Very easy.

Yes, there may be a metal clip that secures it as well, idk its been a few years. I will look when I get home.

BeaterEP
11-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Nope, no clip on the 04/05 assemblies.
Should just be a counter-clockwise twist to unlock, then pop it out.

Just replaced the same bulb last week, in the dark in front of Advanced Auto. Hardest part is sort of angling the whole assembly back in so that the new bulb doesn't touch anything, but other than that, pretty straightforward. :thumbu:

AKEP
12-04-2010, 01:25 AM
damnit, that bulb is a PITA. my wiring is just BARELY long enough for the bulb. I threw some HIDs in there so theres plenty of wire now...way easier.

mehbeh, we should just add a few more inches to that connector...