PDA

View Full Version : My Passenger Side Floor is Soaked??

Cheep3
11-19-2010, 03:44 AM
So, I've had my 05 ep for a little over 2 years and have never had any water leaks in the cabin but today I realized that the passenger side front floor is completely soaked! WTF!? I've been searching for a while and can't find anything but I seem to recall seeing someone with this problem in the past. Does anyone know where this might be coming from?? I'm not sure where the rain drains are located but I guess that's my first step... Anyone?? :rain:

whatsvtec
11-19-2010, 05:57 AM
So, I've had my 05 ep for a little over 2 years and have never had any water leaks in the cabin but today I realized that the passenger side front floor is completely soaked! WTF!? I've been searching for a while and can't find anything but I seem to recall seeing someone with this problem in the past. Does anyone know where this might be coming from?? I'm not sure where the rain drains are located but I guess that's my first step... Anyone?? :rain:

Does it smell? Do you not have heat? If it's anti-freeze it's the heater core. If it isn't I'd say check to see if your sunroof drain is clogged. Mine was, and still does leak into the trunk, so I decided to take out all the rear trim for me to keep an eye on the issue. When too much water drains to one drain it backs up and sometimes leaks back into the cab. Did you leave your sunroof venting when it rained? This is my experience with interior leaks

Cheep3
11-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Does it smell? Do you not have heat? If it's anti-freeze it's the heater core. If it isn't I'd say check to see if your sunroof drain is clogged. Mine was, and still does leak into the trunk, so I decided to take out all the rear trim for me to keep an eye on the issue. When too much water drains to one drain it backs up and sometimes leaks back into the cab. Did you leave your sunroof venting when it rained? This is my experience with interior leaks

It appears (no smell or color) to be rainwater. It's been raining lately but i've kept everything closed. Guess I'll start by blowing out any drains I can find. Thanks for your info! I'm curious if there's a drain at the bottom of the windshield / hood area as well...

Cheep3
11-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Bump - Anyone else with cabin leakage problem / fixes??

dirtyduck17
11-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Another place is the drain tube for the evaporator behind the glove box. The tube could be clogged or disconnected from the drain pan for the evaporator. Or... you could check for a water leak at the firewall.

Cheep3
11-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Thanks, I checked the sunroof drains and they are fine. I'm trying to locate the firewall/evap. drains now - easier said than done... Wish there were a diagram. Think I'll have to pull out the glovebox tomorrow when I have a little more time. It's gotta be around there because the window, door, and ceiling all look nice and dry.

whatsvtec
11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks, I checked the sunroof drains and they are fine. I'm trying to locate the firewall/evap. drains now - easier said than done... Wish there were a diagram. Think I'll have to pull out the glovebox tomorrow when I have a little more time. It's gotta be around there because the window, door, and ceiling all look nice and dry.

My drivers side floor is getting wet now, wanna know why? Window Seal. Check that...
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?50654-DIY-Window-Channel-Replacement