PDA

View Full Version : type r gauge cluster

EP3allday
11-20-2010, 06:38 AM
i was looking at getting a type r guage cluster...i was wondering if i just unplug the usdm cluster and connect the type r cluster...will everything work the same....im asking if for instance the rpms will cut out as it shud at around 7200 or will it show going close to 9000...the needle movement shud move the same distance no matter wut number is there correct? if any of that makes sense tryin to explain it

showoff3civic
11-20-2010, 10:04 AM
i was looking at getting a type r guage cluster...i was wondering if i just unplug the usdm cluster and connect the type r cluster...will everything work the same....im asking if for instance the rpms will cut out as it shud at around 7200 or will it show going close to 9000...the needle movement shud move the same distance no matter wut number is there correct? if any of that makes sense tryin to explain it

is this a real question?

you cannot change the amount of rpms that you run by changing the gauge cluster. First thing is first your stock motor will not handle a 9k shift without floating a valve causing some piston to valve action. Second you need a type of program to change the revs in the ECU, have you ever heard of (hondata reflash) or kpro? These progams will allow you to adjust everything from fuel tables, timing tables, boost, nitrous, rev limiter, ect.. I suggest you learn a little bit about cars before you do any such purchase of kpro, maybe reflash is right if you want to rev it alittle higher. Third thing is I would not suggest getting a JDM gauge cluster because KPH is a pain in the ass to read when you drive on roads marked with MPH, I would suggest looking for a cluster that came out of the Euro type-r from the uk. If you really wanted to rev to 8k you should have bought an S2000, 00 SI, 08 SI or its time to put an RSX motor into your car.

Also do your research, the cluster is plug and play but you do have to mod a couple wires to make the center consol lights to work. That never botherd me so I never did the wire mod but I dont have lights for my radio, heat controls, what ever else is on there.

one last thing ITS NOT FUCKIN WHUD OR SHUD use the damn spell check its would or should!

RedSiBaron
11-20-2010, 10:07 AM
The cluster will plug in and read accurately...without kpro your car will still redline at 6800 or whatever it is

sleepy ep3
11-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Has anybody ever heard of google? I hear it's this great action packed happy tree fantasy land with pies and cakes that tells you all the secrets you want to know.

SHG_EasyE
11-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Has anybody ever heard of google? I hear it's this great action packed happy tree fantasy land with pies and cakes that tells you all the secrets you want to know.

Lies! All lies!

A. Why do you want/need a CTR cluster?
B. You will redline/rev limit at the same RPM as stock
C. Why do you want/need a CTR cluster?

EP3allday
11-22-2010, 06:16 AM
not WUT i was askin..maybe wut im askin came out wrong(i kno my hondas thankyou very much) but thnks for all this wonderful action packed happy tree fantasy land with pies...im gettin all these wonderful little secrets that i can keep in my back pocket for later

gauge cluster lights went out..can only see 0-100 mph..checked the light bulbs real quick n same spots still didnt light..so i was jus looking into the ctr..didint buy it or say i was going to but its ok appreciate it guys

Passenger
11-22-2010, 06:34 AM
The cluster will plug in and read accurately...without kpro your car will still redline at 6800 or whatever it is
The only respectable, adult answer posted. Who cares if he mispelled a few words?

not WUT i was askin..maybe wut im askin came out wrong(i kno my hondas thankyou very much) but thnks for all this wonderful action packed happy tree fantasy land with pies...im gettin all these wonderful little secrets that i can keep in my back pocket for later
gauge cluster lights went out..can only see 0-100 mph..checked the light bulbs real quick n same spots still didnt light..so i was jus looking into the ctr..didint buy it or say i was going to but its ok appreciate it guys

Just take your gauge cluster back out and replace the bulb that's messed up. A lot of EP's have one bulb that goes after so many miles, they're pretty easy to check and affordable to replace. There's really no need to have a CTR cluster unless that's just something you're aiming to do to the car which by all means you have the right to. If you do, I'd make sure - like Showoff said, to get the one with MPH instead of just kilometers.. you don't want a ton of unnecessary speeding tickets over something silly like that.
Check these threads out:
Gauge cluster removal (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?43675-DIY-Cluster-Removal&highlight=gauge+cluster+removal)
*edit* nvm you've already removed it so just check these bulbs:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/Psykoasn/DSC01780.jpg
*edit again*
While I'm thinking about it, I blew a bulb and swapped the one labeled "Extra Bulb" in the picture and 0-60ish along with the cruise control light went out. That might be the one that went out on yours so that might save you some hassle of hunting the bulb that's blown.
Hope this helped

EP3allday
11-22-2010, 06:51 AM
well i pulled the light that was bad and put in a brand new bulb but it didnt light up..i took a bulb from a diff spot and didnt light the dead spot...took the bulb from the dead spot and it light up other spots...so i cant figure it out thinkn it has to be the guage itself?

ace of spades
11-22-2010, 08:29 AM
have you tried banging on the dash with your fist? this worked for me when my AC and recirc lights went out for no reason.

talonXracer
11-22-2010, 09:22 AM
If you take the back cover off you will notice that the board probably has a fried circuit trace, it needs to be repaired.

DarkSiRacer
12-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Can someone explain the wire mod you would need to do so you can get the center console lights working?

showoff3civic
12-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Can someone explain the wire mod you would need to do so you can get the center console lights working?

boy the op is an idiot, i hope you blow your engine

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?43592-CTR-gauge-cluster-and-dash-lighting-fix&highlight=type+r+gauge+cluster+%2B+wire