PDA

View Full Version : Shipping dispute problem

Garrett
11-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Okay since ephatch is like a wealth of knowledge and most of us has had to deal with scammers before, i thought i would go to you guys first. So i bought a k20a2 head from a guy in florida. He was real strict about not sending it until my e-check over paypal cleared, so he was pretty safe about saving his butt. So it finally cleared he gave me the tracking number etc. So it arrives here today with a hole the size of a baseball in it, NO bolts or intake manifold (which was also part of the deal). So i text him and am telling him about this, he asks for pictures and i send him. Then he gets mad, he's like man i was going to work with you on this until you sent me this, that isn't the box i sent it in. So at first i was like well the bolts probably fell out (he says they were in a walmart bag). And i had no idea what happened to the manifold. So who do i take this up with? He will be sending me pictures of what all he sent in about an hour or so he said. But is this his problem, in other words should i open a dispute over paypal for this; or is this a problem with the US postal service and do i need to open a dispute with them? And if i do need to deal with the USPS how do i go about doing that?
Thanks guys,
Garrett

mobomelter
11-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I was under the assumption there isn't much that can be done once you receive the goods as far as PayPal is concerned. That really sounds like someone tried to screw you :(.

sleepy ep3
11-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Try to get paypal to refund you in some way. More than likely you are screwed, because paypal and eBay are both fucked up like that. Another online sale victim. I got screwed by eBay and paypal recently for $480 for some antique car lamps. Fuck them both

Garrett
11-20-2010, 05:06 PM
tried the paypal thing right now, also he didnt include timing chain or guides

Allamon13
11-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Go to your bank and explain your cenario they will make you fill out some papers and take the money off paypal. Worst case is your paypal account will show a negative value if its a legit issue.

56chevydan
11-20-2010, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't give up on paypal so easy. I would file a claim with them stating that the item you bought arrived in a significantly different condition than it was described by the seller, plus missing parts on delivery. I have had to file a claim with paypal in the past for the same reason, and I finally received a refund.

I would keep the shipping box and all the packing material. Put everything back in the box as you received it. Take pictures of the item(s) in the box, and then take the box down to your local UPS hub and have them weigh it. If the current weight is significantly lighter that the weight of the box when the seller shipped it, then someone along the UPS shipping line probably pilfered from the shipping box. If the box weighs about the same as the seller's shipped weight then it might be a scam by the seller.

It actually wouldn't hurt for both you and the seller to contact UPS about the problem. If a claim ends up having to be filed against UPS, it probably will have to be filed by the seller/shipper since he has the business relationship with UPS. Good luck. I hope you're able to work this out.

Garrett
11-20-2010, 06:23 PM
thanks bro, i will try getting the weights checked out also

EP3tuner410
11-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Did you or anyone else sign for the package?

Paypal goes by this new rule that no matter what if you sign then it becomes your problem 100%.

Hope it works out for you though!

ace of spades
11-20-2010, 09:48 PM
I hate seeing people get screwed over like this. I hope it works out for you. trust no one.

Garrett
11-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah my dad signed for it while i wasnt home and thanks man

EPSU3
11-21-2010, 08:29 AM
I think that typically signing for it is your verification that it is okay and you accept it. I bought a patio set and it was delivered to my house smashed to crap. Luckily the delivery guy was good and told me to open all boxes before he leaves. That is the moment where the transaction is complete. I hope it works out for you though. That sucks. If it doesn't, just keep in mind that you may have to spend some money to get your money back. Goodluck!

AKEP
11-21-2010, 09:44 AM
so if you get a delivery and it doesn't look like what you paid for, can you deny the signature and tell the ups guy to take it with him? but of course taking pictures before he leaves...?

mr.brightside
11-21-2010, 10:52 AM
nope....he cud have sent him a dildo and our boy garrett would still be assed out. unfortunately there was a signature which is delivery confirmation which states that the person at garrett's residence did indeed recieve the package from said seller. right now it looks like the seller is just playing stupid although he knows what he did. ive read stories where the buyer who has gotten fucked even sends w/e he got back to the seller, provides proof of shipping it back toseller to paypal...and paypal still sides with the seller because he provided information of tracking # and delivery confirmation. even if you were to open a dispute and win it...getting refunded the money depends on the seller having the funds in his paypal account...if hes stupid and leaves the funds intact in his pp account then pp will reverse that transaction....if hes got lets say $10 in his account....you wud get that....if theres no $$$ then you get nada andpaypal closes the dispute. on the brighter side, if you paid with your bank you may still have a chance...ive heard people working directly with their bank and getting a full refund. this kind of stupid shit happens all the time and i think if your into cars and forums, this happening to you is inevitable....so everyone please be careful and if something seems fishy...its really better safe than sorry!

AKEP
11-21-2010, 12:09 PM
so is there a way to protect ourselves from ass hats that send broken things to us, or from damaged shipping due to careless UPS/FedEx/USPS handling?

mr.brightside
11-21-2010, 12:32 PM
no idea....best way is to just deal locally from person to person in my opinion. and if u really need a part from someone online, take all the necessary precautions such as making the seller take a pic of the item with their name/username and current date....save all messages/emails/texts...be wary of people who ask u to send payments as a "gift" via paypal. go over their info on whatever forum you found them at....i like to search their old posts and threads to see if they have sold items before on the site...also check their paypal info...if their address isn't verified you cannot guaruntee that name and address is the same person you are dealing with. so if that stuff isnt verified u probably shouldnt do business with them.

o and as for the mailing service messing up your shipment...im not sure about usps but if you send something out via ups or fedex make sure u insure it for the right amount cause if ups/fedex did fuck it up or it gets lost then you get a check from ups/fedex....that happened to me too.

Garrett
11-21-2010, 04:46 PM
So do i need to open up a thing with my bank?

IBx1
11-21-2010, 05:29 PM
File a dispute on PayPal; you truthfully have not recieved what you paid for.

Garrett
11-21-2010, 06:07 PM
already opened a dispute on paypal.. nothing really has happened yet

mr.brightside
11-21-2010, 06:12 PM
u can file both i guess. keep in mind with paypal, that the whole process can either drag along for a while since paypal gives you and the seller 20 days to resolve the open dispute yourselves. but in that same time you are able to escalate that dispute into a "claim." doing so, you are giving permission to paypal to make the final decision on the matter using the provided information you and/or the seller provide during the dispute phase ultimately closing the claim in one of your favors. obviously they will agree in your favor, but like i said before you will only be refunded the money that the seller has at the time in his online paypal account. which is most likely nothing...so as retarded that is you are still at a loss in the end. when i was in your position, i did the whole paypal thing and it was pointless...im not discouraging you to not file one with pp but definitely try your bank...just call them up and explain your situation to them in hopes that it classifies as some kind of fraud case. ive read stories of people getting money back dealing with their bank....but all the paypal stories end in wasted time and headache. i hope you can put some pressure on that guy somehow....i dont know what their local law enforcement would be able to do.

edit: yeah man...you can escalate that thing...i remember they agreed in my favor a day or so i did that though cause my seller never replied to any of my or paypals requests so ofcourse i won it.

Garrett
11-21-2010, 07:21 PM
yeah man, i have responded 3 times, and he has said nothing, i made it a claim and now were gonna see what happens

SandBagger
11-23-2010, 12:12 PM
It is hard buying online. File your paypal claim, that is all you can do. I sell things on the internet, it took awhile to build vouches. Having and building good vouches and status where one is selling is catch22. If a seller has a good rep, he or she is not as willing to sell junk online, in fear they will ruin their ability to sell.

Garrett
11-23-2010, 04:48 PM
yeah online markets are really sketch, its all good though.. i WILL get my money back

Garrett
11-24-2010, 04:12 PM
i dont even need a head anymore, i am selling my car.. i just need to get my money back hahaaa

shortstop
11-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Man I have been in your situation from clubrsx and k20a.org and won all 3 of my disputes even though I signed for delivery, etc.. Get as much info (phone number, address, name) of the guy that sold it to you. Possibly research and see if he has scammed anyone else. Keep on paypal on giving you a refund, escalate the claim sooner rather then later when you have some info,facts, etc.. Basically tell paypal he is not cooperating with you, seems to be a scammer selling items not as described, and anything else that would look like you are trying to resolve it. DON'T LET HIM WIN!!! I know it sucks man but you will win if you keep at it.

AKEP
11-25-2010, 01:38 AM
in my experience with paypal, i got all my money back in like 2 days when i ordered a bunch of shit from china that never showed up. they kept delaying my stuff so i said eff it, opened a dispute, then the emails and everything stopped instantly, then i made it a claim. boom, money in the bank. i waited 44 days before filing. They do have a guarantee for your stuff up to $500, right? i figured they would just snatch the money from their bank accounts or something...

ep3colin
11-25-2010, 01:46 AM
sorry to hear, i truly hate scammers/thieves

hope you get your hard earned money back

Garrett
11-26-2010, 06:08 PM
yeah man its really shitty, especially since i'm only in high school.. that was basically all of my money..

mr.brightside
11-26-2010, 07:51 PM
yea man we know all too well how you feel...have you had any luck? paypal is ghey in so many ways but we still use it so you just gotta be careful with every deal you make with a private online seller in another state.

STP03BlueSI
11-26-2010, 08:17 PM
where in FL is it from?

Garrett
11-27-2010, 01:17 PM
yeah, definately only doing sales from trusted sources.. and i have no clue, how to i post on paypal after i made it a claim? i want to tell them that he isn't repsonding to my texts and he didnt even put a shipping return on it... hell he didn't even give me his name but his number is 305 area code if that tells you where he's from