PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Interior fan just stopped working

Aaron_in_MO
11-21-2010, 11:43 AM
It was working fine this morning, but on my way home this afternoon, the fan doesn't blow at all. When I turn the knob, the A/C condenser comes on, but the fans are dead.

I checked the fuse (or what I think was the right fuse) and it was fine. Any suggestions?

RedSiBaron
11-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Hmm...did you check the fuse under the dash on the driver side? There may also be one under the hood, but I can't remember for sure...let me think on this and see what I can come up with...there may be abother fuse under the center console but I don't remember for sure...id also check the control assembly under the center console to make sure the plug is seated correctly etc...

Have you done any work on the car lately? whether or not you think its applicable id still like the info so I can help you...

Im cutting up a 100 ft tree I dropped this morning so I can't check my factory service manual right now, but I can later if needed

Aaron_in_MO
11-21-2010, 12:07 PM
No, I haven't done any work, other than mess around with the door pull inserts and tighten the throttle cable. When I went out early this morning, it worked fine. Came home, sat around, finally ran to the grocery store, and on the way back, I noticed it wasn't working.

clujalolo
11-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Sounds like u have the same problem as me! mine just stopped working...its most likely ur transistor or the relay under the hood. its the goldish color one. i just ordered a transistor last week...should be coming in soon. cost me 50$ from majestic honda...and from the store costs 140 lol. Ill let u know once i get it to see if thats the problem. but its either the transistor(its under the dash on the passenger side) or the relay. the relay can be bought from honda.

Aaron_in_MO
11-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Cool, I found the transistor and ordered one from Majestic. Hopefully, that'll take care of it. I've been searching Google quite a bit about it, and it seems to happen to a lot of Civics, not just the EP3.

I was able to get the (bad?) transistor out today without much of an issue, and getting it back in was even easier. If anyone needs some help with that, let me know.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
11-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Sounds like the power transistor. Mine went out on me last year and a power transistor off of an rsx will work and it is actually cheaper. Also it is such a common problem Acura actually stocks the part at the dealer. I think i paid like 50 bucks for mine at an Acura dealer.

jh604
11-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Sounds like u have the same problem as me! mine just stopped working...its most likely ur transistor or the relay under the hood. its the goldish color one. i just ordered a transistor last week...should be coming in soon. cost me 50$ from majestic honda...and from the store costs 140 lol. Ill let u know once i get it to see if thats the problem. but its either the transistor(its under the dash on the passenger side) or the relay. the relay can be bought from honda.

damn....still never done it yet?

clujalolo
11-22-2010, 05:22 PM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2002&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=HEATER+BLOWER

its the one that says, transistor, power.

man i ordered but it didnt come in yet! i can't even drive it...its WAY to cold now! plus i called lordco and stuff and they wanted 140 i was like im not paying that much so i got it off there but now i gotta wait!

clujalolo
11-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Sounds like the power transistor. Mine went out on me last year and a power transistor off of an rsx will work and it is actually cheaper. Also it is such a common problem Acura actually stocks the part at the dealer. I think i paid like 50 bucks for mine at an Acura dealer.

oooh really? shoot...i should'a done that! im still waiting for mine! :(

Aaron_in_MO
11-22-2010, 05:34 PM
man i ordered but it didnt come in yet! i can't even drive it...its WAY to cold now! plus i called lordco and stuff and they wanted 140 i was like im not paying that much so i got it off there but now i gotta wait!

Yeah, it's a bad time of year to have that blower go out. Summer would have been crappy, but it's at least possible to drive around hot with the windows down. I got lucky with the weather today, so hopefully the next couple days will be alright. After that, 4-day weekend, and I'll be driving my wife's Mazda to go see family. Maybe it'll be here by next week.

Aaron_in_MO
11-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the help, guys! That was definitely the part that went bad. I put a new one in today (10 minutes worth of work, if that) and the blower works again.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5042/5212690882_97590e3cf0_z.jpg

kevingarrett
02-03-2011, 08:59 PM
It was working fine this morning, but on my way home this afternoon, the fan doesn't blow at all. When I turn the knob, the A/C condenser fan (http://www.racepages.com/parts/a-fs-c_condenser_fan.html) comes on, but the fans are dead.

I checked the fuse (or what I think was the right fuse) and it was fine. Any suggestions?

Ive been reading this thread carefully looks like this will already solve my problem with my civic. the A/C condenser fan also stopped working and i thought im gonna buy the the whole condenser fan thank God i only need to buy a transistor. Whew. Thank you guys for the input! :mrolleyes:

ND ep3
02-12-2011, 03:57 PM
So i have a similar problem on my 03 Si.... the blower motor is not working... i have left the fan in the on (full bast) position for months now....it will occasionally, i.e. once every month and a half or so... turn on for a little bit (10-15 min)
If it is the transistor, i heard we can buy the Acura part..... but they have two different part numbers....????why???
this is the Honda Part Number 79330-S6A-941
when i called Acura they said the part number was 79330-S6M-941
the difference is the A and M
does the Acura one work? is it ok to use? did the guy read the wrong part number to me?
does it sound like this transistor is my problem?
any help on this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
02-12-2011, 04:46 PM
So i have a similar problem on my 03 Si.... the blower motor is not working... i have left the fan in the on (full bast) position for months now....it will occasionally, i.e. once every month and a half or so... turn on for a little bit (10-15 min)
If it is the transistor, i heard we can buy the Acura part..... but they have two different part numbers....????why???
this is the Honda Part Number 79330-S6A-941
when i called Acura they said the part number was 79330-S6M-941
the difference is the A and M
does the Acura one work? is it ok to use? did the guy read the wrong part number to me?
does it sound like this transistor is my problem?
any help on this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
The acura part is exactly the same it will work. I used the acura part in my ep and yeah direct fit. On crsx they actually post up how to repair the power transistor, but they way they posted it, it pretty much bypasses the fuses in the resistor.

ND ep3
02-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks! Got the part today...installed it! works Great! Thanks so much! I wish I had installed this earlier :)

i_love_my_ep3!
02-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Ohh shit im super excited i read this whole tread carfully as well and this sounds exactly whats happening to my hatch and i live in texas and the hot days are comming real sooon i please god i hope this fixs my shit!

i_love_my_ep3!
02-13-2011, 12:29 AM
my bad i was to excited in my last post but my fans been out for a year now and i bought a new blower, fuses ,a/c line checks,recharged the a/c, pretty mush everything i could think of and i just gave up and just been maning up too the weather.

but yeah thats my story can some one please post pics of how to replace not step by step just a general pics/explanation

i_love_my_ep3!
03-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Anyone???

Diy please

i_love_my_ep3!
03-21-2011, 02:14 PM
my god no one can help me out!

i_love_my_ep3!
03-21-2011, 02:37 PM
bump i live in texas and would really love too have a/c

i_love_my_ep3!
03-21-2011, 02:50 PM
bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

eptwah
03-21-2011, 02:59 PM
my god no one can help me out!

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?62770-EP3-helms-man.-for-free!

Go to 21-42 in the manual. It will tell you what you need to do!

eptwah
03-21-2011, 03:00 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?62770-EP3-helms-man.-for-free!

Go to 21-42 in the manual. It will tell you what you need to do!

Or if you have any other questions. this manual should answer them!

i_love_my_ep3!
03-21-2011, 03:04 PM
omg thank you i just posted a new tread on this

i_love_my_ep3!
03-21-2011, 03:29 PM
in just looked at 21-42 and it says evaporator core replacement

eptwah
03-21-2011, 03:29 PM
omg thank you i just posted a new tread on this

No prob man. Ill post the same in that thread too. in case someone else needs the info