PDA

View Full Version : Attn:People in Toronto

JackHerer
12-15-2002, 08:47 PM
who is looking to buy tien coilovers in the spring??
we should all buy them together so we get a better deal.
anyone know a good place to purchase them??

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-15-2002, 09:01 PM
i'm looking eventually for tein flex coilovers. http://www.torontocivics.com/tccforums/images/smilies/kickass.gif

*edit you should put this in the canadian forum!! http://www.torontocivics.com/tccforums/images/smilies/shame.gif

JSIR
12-15-2002, 09:54 PM
JRP in Miss. sells them I just saw them on display, dunno if you can call them a good shop but they do sell them. My friend Dan Ponze in Detroit (Godspeed Motorsports) has sold lots of Teins as a dealer I would refer you to him if you want someone reputable.

JackHerer
12-16-2002, 11:16 AM
JRP is a bunch of shit talking fags. do you think godspeed would do a group buy?? it is worth it to buy from the states with our exchange rate so shitty??

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-16-2002, 04:25 PM
hey there not that bad. there prices are better than any other place if found. $488 for an AEM:CAI while peformance improvements wanted $604 for it.

sammysir
12-16-2002, 04:59 PM
Guys at JRP are great guys...... and btw...... there main business is distributing....... not there retail front store. And since there the only real shop in the GTA that sells quality parts for normal prices i give them props. Theyve always helped be out when I needed it. Sorry to hear you had problems with them

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-16-2002, 05:52 PM
sammysir with your sportlines did u need a camber kit?

sammysir
12-16-2002, 08:12 PM
well since were using mac struts on the front they pretty much correct all the camber that the front springs give yah... and the rears show ...... but i couldn't be bothered........ this is just a temp setup right now....... if your just getting springs no worries.... don't bother with the allignment kits. When i Go full coilover ill get them properly done until then...... im riding on stock control arms. If your worried about tire wear.... just rotate the tires...... and no matter what u do for camber kits.... lowered cars will eat through wheel bearings faster than at stock height. btw where you located in TO.... we should get a TO meet going.

JSIR
12-16-2002, 08:26 PM
JRP = Just Wrong Parts (okay wrong starts with a "w" but you get the joke).

Seriously I am now returning the fourth part that I have bought off them in the last couple years which does not fit my car despite them telling me different. I hear this happens to alot of people there. They are nice enough guys though, but they sell you the wrong shit too often. I have to drive 2 hrs each way to return this stuff too !.

I would check with Godspeed Motorsports in Troy Michigan, don't worry about the Canadian dollar, you will most likely still save money. Plus if you can pick them up yourself and bring them across the border you can save a good buck without paying duties on Japanese parts, plus Dan can sometimes help us Canadians out so we don't pay much duty, check with him. I have his phone number listed as 248-305-8140 . Last e-mail address I had for him was ej20@twmi.rr.com , give it a shot and see if it works, I haven't dealt with him for over a year, but he always saved me money and was good to deal with when I had my last Civic.

sammysir
12-16-2002, 08:33 PM
haha well sorry to hear dude..... but in my case..... i never let someone sell me something....... i tell them it fits on my car not the other way around.... know what you want for your car. including part #'s b4 yah go in there. I know the shop i was at b4 many time shipped wrong parts.... but it could of been 100 different reasons from us to the guys at the parts desk.... if you give the guys at JRP a part number.... they should never screw up.

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-17-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by sammysir
haha well sorry to hear dude..... but in my case..... i never let someone sell me something....... i tell them it fits on my car not the other way around.... know what you want for your car. including part #'s b4 yah go in there. I know the shop i was at b4 many time shipped wrong parts.... but it could of been 100 different reasons from us to the guys at the parts desk.... if you give the guys at JRP a part number.... they should never screw up.
exactlly. ;)

SPEEDEP
12-17-2002, 08:10 AM
First things first you can't shop at performance improvements for anything AEM. They are not direct with them. JRP was a great shop until the owner moved to the states. Now looser Steve runs things and has F*$%ed up that whole place. He is so full of himself. I have posted many times for info about shops in Toronto and had no help. I went from Scarbrough to Missisauga to Barrie to find a good shop and this is what I came up with. KHF Performance Prouducts in Scarbrough. They are just down the street from the dyno. They carry Skunk,volk,Tein,OMP,C-West,JIC Magic,Mugen and Project U. Call Rae ther and he will take care of you. If you are in to racing you must have seen ther 2 yellow JDM ITR'S at Toronto motorsport Park and Mosport. So far I have got my Suspention and Exhaust from them. www.khf.ca Oh ya i got my AEM CAI for $425 tax in at a small shop in Newmarket.:D

sammysir
12-17-2002, 03:00 PM
$425? you got bit.... and i bet it was at either TPS or Exotic. I know sean at exotic good guy, but he;ll take yah for a ride if he can. Same goes for the brewda boys at TPS or so i hear. My aem cost me 350 Tax in from Exotic touch, which got from JRP, so there was even a slight mark up there. I siad screw it give me the markup because i didn't feel like driving all the way down to sauga the next day. Buts ive heard of KHF how are they? Oh nm kennedy hi fi.... those guys are purely sound no?

myeverlovinsir
12-17-2002, 03:39 PM
Have delt with all the guys from JRP, tough call. Have bought
alot of parts from them, even for past civic hatchies. Got my AEM CAI there and header, it was the easiest thing I did to the new EP. The rest starts to roll downhill. But I can't put much blame on them.
I think they are somewhat handicapped and swamped as it is. They never messed up on me yet. As far as getting a part right. Just have to be very clear about what you want. Some of the guys have a piss poor attitude along with the parts in transit
thang. Will probably buy from them again, unless some other
more reputable shop is found in that area. Think they are in
need of a little healthy competition, thats all. One thing is for
sure they spend alot of time advertising and getting the word
out, especially in T.O. I only know of one other reputable shop
in the Brampton area (Splitfire Auto) anyone have thoughts on them? Also went to Piranah, left an even worse taste.

SPEEDEP
12-17-2002, 09:08 PM
I got my intake from AGP (auto glass plus). They quoted me the best price over the phone. I should have called Exotic Touch but it has been a long time since the last time I spoke to those boys. Last time I delt with them was 2 years ago when they were in Bradford. Sean is a good guy but you can't trust him tooo much. As for TPS you don't even want to go there. Look carefully at the pic of the black Mazda and you may see who i am. Kennedy hi is not only audio any more they have tons of great JDM and high qual products. Any more info you have for me would be great I am strating new with my EP and need some help finding the right parts and shops!!!:)

JackHerer
12-18-2002, 12:10 PM
would you be able to get me the aem for 350 tax in???

$425? you got bit.... and i bet it was at either TPS or Exotic. I know sean at exotic good guy, but he;ll take yah for a ride if he can. Same goes for the brewda boys at TPS or so i hear. My aem cost me 350 Tax in from Exotic touch, which got from JRP, so there was even a slight mark up there. I siad screw it give me the markup because i didn't feel like driving all the way down to sauga the next day. Buts ive heard of KHF how are they? Oh nm kennedy hi fi.... those guys are purely sound no?

sammysir
12-18-2002, 12:16 PM
yah dude ive seen you around. you ever drop my bud's shop when it was still around first image? maybe you saw the car i was building, i got sick of it then sold it b4 it was done. here's some old shots see if it rings a bell.

http://sammyteg.onlineshowoff.com

JackHerer
12-19-2002, 12:30 AM
i don't know the shop first image. are you around scarborough??? i don't think i have ever seen the teg.
when can i grab an intake???

yah dude ive seen you around. you ever drop my bud's shop when it was still around first image? maybe you saw the car i was building, i got sick of it then sold it b4 it was done. here's some old shots see if it rings a bell.

http://sammyteg.onlineshowoff.com

sammysir
12-19-2002, 12:07 PM
nope richmond hill, anyways whattaya mean where can u get an intake..... don't you aqlready have one? And for the second or third time i got mine from jrp but through sean at exotic touch.

cheers

JackHerer
12-19-2002, 09:25 PM
i asked if you would be able to get me an intake for 350 because i called exotic touch and they said 450 plus tax.

nope richmond hill, anyways whattaya mean where can u get an intake..... don't you aqlready have one? And for the second or third time i got mine from jrp but through sean at exotic touch.

cheers

sammysir
12-19-2002, 09:28 PM
wow guess sean is learning his lessons for deals. Sorry dude he would know i was hitting him up for a deal. Our shops did alot of work together so he helps me out when we need it.

cheers

myeverlovinsir
12-19-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by JackHerer
i asked if you would be able to get me an intake for 350 because i called exotic touch and they said 450 plus tax.

I paid 575 ttl, when it was a first off. Have no regrets about the lower end torque nor the higher end HP. AEM is a great investment, CAI out compares any SRI that I have tried in the past on my civics. Im not recommending JRP, but they will get you one if you really want one. :eek:

GeNoZiDe
12-23-2002, 09:09 AM
i dunno i dun really like going to a store and askin to buy a car part. I feel like there always ripping me off so i stick to the internet and EBAY!! ALL THE WAY haha
all the parts of my car are from Cali, NY, Georgia, etc