PDA

View Full Version : hey everyone new member here! ANY Pointers?

truballr32
11-22-2010, 10:01 AM
hey everyone new member here! had my EP for a year now with no mods, so its time to have fun and enjoy my car. if you guys have any pointers or first time do's and dont's feel free to comment i would appreatiate any help. im lovin this site and i will have some pics of my whip in a few days.

eptwah
11-22-2010, 04:47 PM
dump that hoe down a few! coilovers!

RedSiBaron
11-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Well my question is what are you thinking of doing with the car? My suggestion is pickup an intake of some sort and an upgraded rear sway...

Civic5lug
11-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Well my question is what are you thinking of doing with the car? My suggestion is pickup an intake of some sort and an upgraded rear sway...

exactly what I was going to suggest :mwink:

RedSiBaron
11-22-2010, 06:31 PM
exactly what I was going to suggest :mwink:

There ya go again bruce, ridin on my nuts :mwink:

smykhaisouk
11-22-2010, 06:58 PM
welcome! stay away from ebay lips

Passenger
11-22-2010, 07:02 PM
welcome!
Get a spoiler and OEM or CTR side skirts. It'll do wonders.

RedSiBaron
11-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Plus id like to add thay before buying parts elsewhere, check with our site sponsors first, they carry probably 90% of the parts available for the ep, and sell them consistently at the best prices

Civic5lug
11-22-2010, 07:11 PM
There ya go again bruce, ridin on my nuts :mwink:

Just making sure your keeping up with the maintence on them (no homo)

truballr32
11-22-2010, 08:01 PM
i wanna add some hp just enough to make the ride better. headers, intake exuast

Draw7Seven
11-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Buy the "expensive" version of everything once rather than buying the cheap version until it takes a shit on you 3 months later.

RedSiBaron
11-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Buy the "expensive" version of everything once rather than buying the cheap version until it takes a shit on you 3 months later.

Well, id say buy the "good" version, but basically the same thing...id like to expand on that and say, figure out what you want to do, and save for exactly what you want so you aren't buying selling parts until you get where you want...I mean hell I saved for a year for my exhaust because I knew that's what I wanted

Draw7Seven
11-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Well, id say buy the "good" version, but basically the same thing...id like to expand on that and say, figure out what you want to do, and save for exactly what you want so you aren't buying selling parts until you get where you want...I mean hell I saved for a year for my exhaust because I knew that's what I wanted

Yeah exactly. I'm just saying that we ALWAYS get what we pay for in this kind of hobby and good ends up just looking expensive if you can't see a thorough difference in quality (i.e. online shopping if you're like me). But you're exactly right about shopping a lot and buying once, one thing I like about having been on these forums all through college is that now that I'm FINALLY making money I know exactly where it's going.

robhep3
11-23-2010, 09:14 PM
And whatever you do, listen to talonxracer when it comes to technical info. He knows basically everything there is to know about the k series.

whatsvtec
11-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Change your tranny fluid with some Redline MTL! I changed mine abt 2 weeks ago and shifting has been like butter since. Also, hybrid racing shifter bushings are a somewhat cheap great upgrade from stock, smoother but tighter shifting feel.

PatrickJamesYu
11-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Just remember it's your car, not ours
you know, just before we tell you to do stupid things

dump slam hellaflush mexiflush poke stretch cambarrrrr