PDA

View Full Version : Private Label Header?

AKEP
11-23-2010, 10:41 AM
anyone running this bad boy?

likes? dislikes? set up?

AUTiger
11-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Private Label is the Kidd Racing header. A lot of people have it. I have it on my k24a1, I like it but my only problem is that the exhaust does hang a little low and my resonator on my 06 type-s midpipe is banging the heat shield when at idle. I haven't dynoed it, but I am sure it gets the job done.

AKEP
11-24-2010, 09:15 PM
well im stuck between this and the dcrh, i found a thread on 8th gen saying they perform similar, but the dc producing more power, but i call bs on the fact that it wasnt the same car, same tune, same setup. its about 70-100$ more than a dc, so yeah, i would like some input on whether its well made, sounds good(?), cracking or what... im sure any header does the job, but i would like to have a quality made header that is less than $500

ps. it will be going on a k24. so clearance is kind of an issue. i will get the ex sway if i have to. and either way im running catless.

AKEP
11-27-2010, 03:14 PM
bumpity?

btf144
02-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I have had both on a k24a2/k20a Type R. I swapped my DCRH for a KRRH, and never looked back.
Although it does leak through the slip joints, thats a small price to pay for having a header that won't crack with time.
Clearance will be a bit of an issue, as not all sway bars clear the KRRH (i'm runing sway-less now, but will fit an EM2 sway bar in the near future). Also the test pipe that comes with the KRRH is a bit weird, as it is angled downwards and makes your exhaust hang low. you can either swap it or modify it, which shouldn't be a problem for any muffler shop. At the end of the day, the car sounds better and made more power with the KRRH.

AKEP
02-10-2011, 03:39 PM
^ i ended up loosening the bolts to the donut gasket (after bolting my exhaust up to the test pipe) and rotating the midpipe untill it was where i wanted it, then tightened it down. and it can clear the 04 sway bar (k20a3) but im not too sure about a k24, it would be close or barely rubbing.