PDA

View Full Version : In need of new cat

maksym
11-23-2010, 06:22 PM
I need to replace my cat, and was thinking about MagnaFlow Spun Metallic High-Flow Catalytic Converter that is 2.25". Would it be fine for mostly stock A3, will it help the engine breather a little better when I get, in addition to it, 2.25" custom mid pipe to Vibrant 2.25" muffler. But still do not want to lose much low end. Was searching around and did not see anybody with the same set up. If I were to do it, would I need a resonator so it's not very loud?

The input will be appreciated, thanks!

whatsvtec
11-23-2010, 06:55 PM
:rofl:
I have a tabby you could use!

on a serious note, if you're planning to DD, you should probably consider something with a resonator. Unless you like rice

RotaryGreg
11-23-2010, 07:25 PM
:rofl:
I have a tabby you could use!
on a serious note, if you're planning to DD, you should probably consider something with a resonator. Unless you like rice

carefull...some harsh laws about cruelty to animals. lol

Something to concider about highflow cats....sometimes they dont last very long. ive had and heard of bad expriences with them on rotaries at least....i know a rotary is going to be hard on cats anyways but still, i would hate to have to buy a cat every year (other year here) for etests....

AKEP
11-23-2010, 07:40 PM
shouldn't really hurt anything as far as driving attitude. be our guinea pig and get it, then write a review titled "MagnaFlow Spun Metallic High-Flow Catalytic Converter."

good luck!

maksym
11-25-2010, 11:05 AM
talonXracer can you pitch in on this? I think you are running a high flow cat from Car Sound, which is now MagnaFlow if Im correct, right? Can you advise me a bit, would it be fine to get a 2.25 universal one for stock A3?

Ep3 ked
11-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Im running catless :gghey: just do the anti fouler trick and good to go lol