PDA

View Full Version : How to reprogram a key??

xJDMep3
11-24-2010, 11:01 AM
I have a stock 02 si, I lost my keys and want to buy a new one from Honda. They told me its about $50 for a new key and they would need to tow it in to reprogram it....I was wondering if there was a way to program a new key to start the car without this extra expense of towing my vehicle in for a simple task?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

talonXracer
11-24-2010, 11:15 AM
The stealership can provide a code that is entered utilizing the Ebrake handle and the gas pedal, that will disable the immobilizer for 24 hours.

The only way to synch the keys/immobilizer/ECU is at Honda.

smykhaisouk
11-24-2010, 12:06 PM
sorry man theres no way around honda this time. this happend to my girlfriends accord not long ago and they had it towed to honda and reflashed 2 out of our 5 keys we have. i need to go back this weekend and flash the remainining set of keys. all covered in our extended warranty!!!

Tnhatch03
11-24-2010, 01:25 PM
bring lots of water and extra hands to help push?

KevinEP3
11-30-2010, 05:38 PM
This happened to me this summer. I called a local lock smith and they got my VIN (it took an hour to get the code) then they cut the key and came to my apt to program it. I recently found them so now I have an extra uncut and unprogramed honda key ( PM me if you need one we can work out shipping and $) Dont waste your money at the stealership

MBaG
11-30-2010, 05:49 PM
bring lots of water and extra hands to help push?

wouldn't the steering wheel be locked? so they wouldn't be able to do much.

TXEP3
12-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Yep, only way around it is the stupid Irish Jig you have to do on the brake pedal. Good luck with it though. I tried it for hours when I did my swap with no luck. Thankfully (useful for those of you doing a K20A2 swap) I could use the old ECU with the new engine to limp it over to the stealership.