PDA

View Full Version : hey err budy i need some exaust help please let me know what think!?!?

THE DANIMAL
11-25-2010, 09:46 AM
ok so im going to be purchasing a muffler and race header. I have a exhaust man who is wiling to install a 2 3/4 mid pipe custom bent for free. I have been looking into muffflers and i have herd the twin loop mufflers are great. I have a pretty strict budget of around 200 for both muffler and header give or take. So what do you guys prefer for header and muffler im lookin for the most bang for my buck. thanks and peace

SandBagger
11-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Try ebay for cheap stuff. A DC header will cost more than $200. Right now I am running a Flowmaster muffler for a GMC V8 $10. It does not sound the way I want it to.

Your saving money on the exhaust work an 2 3/4 will work, so find a used RH and a half way decent muffler. I would find a resinator too. I got one from Al's Mufflers for $10. Brand new 2.5" SS straight through.

With $200 you will have to hunt like I did

THE DANIMAL
11-25-2010, 10:11 AM
thanks man whats the resonator do exactally??

AKEP
11-25-2010, 05:41 PM
keeps it from sounding like raspy ASS. helps you achieve that "deep" sound.

urthworm
11-25-2010, 07:00 PM
id save a little bit more if you want something that sounds really good. Hunt down a used dc race header, do a custom mid pipe from your exhaust homie and then do a obx twin loop for the axle back.. total cost will be around 300ish but it shouldnt be crazy loud. If you cant come up with more money, atleast do the header and midpipe.. those are the most restrictive from what ive read.

THE DANIMAL
11-26-2010, 01:04 PM
thanks guys il keeep that in mind when bargen shopping