PDA

View Full Version : Canuck Civic's DC5 blower setup on a3

Canuck Civic
11-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Well thought I would post what I'm doing. First I did the vtec killers now I have a dc5 manifold and blower on the car. At first I only had the 4" pulley on now I have switched to a 3.4" pulley.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/5212546933_7dfa0015d5.jpg
Here is the Jmercado heat exchanger, core and also the pump.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5167/5213151530_665efbdd43_z.jpg
I will be using stainless steel braided lines as well. Replacing the clutch with CC Stage 4 also the flywheel. New CAI intake, and still deciding on a header to run.

AUTiger
11-27-2010, 07:53 PM
just get the krrh. I think we have a vendor selling the private label header for 325 shipped, that's stupid low and KRRH is actually Private Label.

04EP3Hatch
11-27-2010, 11:43 PM
damn that should be fun as hell. might i recommend dumping the 3.4 for the 3.8 and the skeletor crank pulley, not as much belt tension so its less stress on snout bearings

neoamd
11-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Very nice man, good luck with it! I'll keep checking back as I don't have much else to do =[

MugenReplica
11-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Finally, somebody else on the forum with the DC5 setup besides me! Welcome to the DC5 JRSC club!

Illdiesel should be joining the club before spring as well. We're supposed to install his sometime after the New Year.

03Si757
11-28-2010, 07:19 PM
This is the route im goin, but on a k24a1 with cam setup, glad to see someone else doin this...

STP03BlueSI
11-28-2010, 08:45 PM
I didnt think it fit! But that looks bad ass...now time to do searching for Mugenreps post about it.

usedep3
11-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Finally, somebody else on the forum with the DC5 setup besides me! Welcome to the DC5 JRSC club!

Illdiesel should be joining the club before spring as well. We're supposed to install his sometime after the New Year.

ugh, this is happening after jan 1st now... ugh, maybe i should just visit him and 'borrow' his blower til then.

MugenReplica
11-29-2010, 07:50 AM
ugh, this is happening after jan 1st now... ugh, maybe i should just visit him and 'borrow' his blower til then.

Oops, did I get the date wrong again? Gotta hit up Jamie on Facebook later to check to see when he'll want to do it.

This is the route im goin, but on a k24a1 with cam setup, glad to see someone else doin this...

It's the best way, but not the only way to do it. The original Ephatch member to do this was a friend of JPax's and did it back in 2004-2005 on a K24a2. As far as whp, if you look at Dan's Ep3 he's putting 270+ on the Ep3 manifold and a K20a3 head and meth injection. If Canuck had the K20a3 head even with the aftercooler he'd be about the same as Dan's Ep3. What alot of you are forgetting with the DC5 manifold is that it only flows SLIGHTLY better than the Ep3 manifold. The best available roots supercharger manifold in terms of flow is the Comptech manifold. Anyways, that's off the point. The aftercooler is only efficient to keep the inlet temps down to a conservative amount. If you live up North like Canuck and myself, you really don't need the aftercooler setup until you start pulling over 11-12psi (Unless you're in a warm climate (88+ most days in summer). Don't believe me? Look on clubrsx.com). Once you start pulling some decent psi from the Roots and add a return line, you'll need that aftercooler. Just don't overspin your blower too much.

I didnt think it fit! But that looks bad ass...now time to do searching for Mugenreps post about it.

Yup, been on my car for almost 2 years now. It was on a for a little while before that as well, but I took it back off because I bought a Bells core and aftercooler setup. It's a little extra work to put on vs. the Ep3 JRSC manifold, but if you wanna keep up with the turbo Ep3's on Ephatch, it's a necessity to keep the air charge cool when you start hitting some serious boost.

lldiesel386ll
11-29-2010, 11:19 AM

whoa now guys. who said after jan 1st? christmas break is looking rather good to get myself into trouble :msmile:

MugenReplica
11-29-2010, 12:12 PM
whoa now guys. who said after jan 1st? christmas break is looking rather good to get myself into trouble :mgrin:

Oops, sounds like I should keep postpone my trip down to Tommy's then. Shoot me and Tommy a date, Jamie. I'm up for helping with the installation @ Tommy's if you're up for it.

P.S. Tommy can take pics for a DIY thread as well.

lldiesel386ll
11-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Oops, sounds like I should keep postpone my trip down to Tommy's then. Shoot me and Tommy a date, Jamie. I'm up for helping with the installation @ Tommy's if you're up for it.

any thoughts towards whether we should try tackling it all at once or one at a time? i guess thats going to be the big piece for scheduling. not sure how much torque our stock clutches can handle :shrug:

MugenReplica
11-29-2010, 12:52 PM
any thoughts towards whether we should try tackling it all at once or one at a time? i guess thats going to be the big piece for scheduling. not sure how much torque our stock clutches can handle :shrug:

You don't drive too aggressively from a stop, do you? I'm still on stock cluch with 140k and I've taken mine to the track about a half dozen times. But you're on a K24/K20 hybrid, so it may be risking alot. It's up to you. I'm sure I can get 3-4 days off if you need the extra help.

lldiesel386ll
11-29-2010, 01:05 PM
You don't drive too aggressively from a stop, do you? I'm still on stock cluch with 140k and I've taken mine to the track about a half dozen times. But you're on a K24/K20 hybrid, so it may be risking alot. It's up to you. I'm sure I can get 3-4 days off if you need the extra help.

grandma comes to mind in terms of how i drive most of the time :mtongue: but i do like to have fun when i'm given the opportunity--it may make sense to try and tackle both. i'll be starting a new job on wednesday, so i'll be at the will of scheduling there (as well as the gf's of course lol) but once thats all dialed in i'll keep you tommy and mike posted :thumbu:

03Si757
11-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Def runnin the aftercooler, that was the point in my decision. Just like seeing official evidence others are doing it.

neoamd
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM

That would be very appreciated I bet!

SandBagger
12-02-2010, 03:40 PM
how much of the radiator support had to be cut? I was going to do this with my SCK24a2 before the car was totaled.

Canuck Civic
12-02-2010, 10:29 PM
how much of the radiator support had to be cut? I was going to do this with my SCK24a2 before the car was totaled.

Barely any I notched a bit for the bypass and that was it, it is more closer on the pulley side.

MugenReplica
12-03-2010, 07:37 AM
The radiator support near the pulley doesn't need to actually be cut. Just rolled up and under if you're going to use a larger than 3.4" pulley. Anything smaller and you could probably get away with not rolling or cutting (if you prefer cutting over the rolling). I cut and rolled mine, but I wanted to make it as easily accessible as possible, but you really only need to bend the support lip.

beechstreet
12-03-2010, 07:46 AM
niiiccceee

Canuck Civic
12-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Not much of an update but received parts thanks to Summit Racing and Team XXX Racing. Should be able to start working on the car in about a week.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5047/5233179139_d8f55b47d8_z.jpg

03Si757
12-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Not much of an update but received parts thanks to Summit Racing and Team XXX Racing. Should be able to start working on the car in about a week.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5047/5233179139_d8f55b47d8_z.jpg

Ahhhh, gotta love the delivery man..

Canuck Civic
12-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Well I finished finals and in my time between studying I disassembled the front end the of the car, removed the subframe and tranny. Replaced the clutch, tore apart the transmission to replace the seals and make sure everything was good.

I also welded new tabs on the heat exchanger to mount it, lastly I tapped the JRSC Manifold for my T1 IAT.

Tomorrow I plan to put the charger back together and hopefully mount it before work otherwise I will have to wait a few days to finish the car.

MugenReplica
12-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Well I finished finals and in my time between studying I disassembled the front end the of the car, removed the subframe and tranny. Replaced the clutch, tore apart the transmission to replace the seals and make sure everything was good.

I also welded new tabs on the heat exchanger to mount it, lastly I tapped the JRSC Manifold for my T1 IAT.

Tomorrow I plan to put the charger back together and hopefully mount it before work otherwise I will have to wait a few days to finish the car.

Can't wait to see it! Keep us updated! Good luck!

Canuck Civic
01-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Update**
Really haven't done alot on the car still waiting on parts for the trans. I did buy a ASP 4-1 header, as well bought the wheels for the slicks. Aftercooler is all plumbed in and the S/C is back in too. I'm hoping next Friday I will have the rest of the parts to put the trans back in.

JayRSXS
01-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Clean

Canuck Civic
05-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Update car was done and while doing street tuning the snout snapped, so I quickly contacted Scuffers on clubrsx and got one rush shipped here and last Friday I rebuilt the snout but didn't take pics of that. I do have pics of the engine bay right now and what the heat exchanger looks like with the bumper on.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3648/5717732992_f8c08bf9be_z.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3255/5717737014_9314f79273_z.jpg

We did street tuning and power is estimated around 290ish boost is at about 9.5 psi. I also have a k24 crank pulley that I could put on when I feel daring enough. I will be going drag racing in 2 weeks time as long as nothing bad happens again, so we will see what times I can pull out of it.

04EP3Hatch
05-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Dude throw that crank pulley on :) I'm clipping 12psi with it, your on the stock a3 right? I'm curious to see what you'll run, I went 13.5 at 104 on street tires :( traction fml

04EP3Hatch
05-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Also do yourself a favor, switch yourblower pulley up to a 3.8 or a 3.7 and put on the k24 pulley, you don't need to run as much tension so there's a lot less stress on your snout, I'm on the 3.8 making 12psi I'm going to a 3.7 vvvvvvvery soon :)

Canuck Civic
05-13-2011, 09:46 PM
I have the 3.4" pulley on it. I use an auto tensioner with a larger pulley on the tensioner to keep tension. The aftercooler and ASP header I'm sure reduces my psi output. I have a T1 intake temp sensor in runner #1 of the supercharger and highest temp I see during a 3rd gear pull is 115F.

The reason for the snout snapping it looks like it was built shitty the metal was brittle and they had machined a step in the shaft and it snapped there Scuffers looks way better.

I know alot of the clubrsx guys are 13-15 psi on k24 crank and 3.0 pulley but I think that is asking for trouble on the a3.

neoamd
05-14-2011, 06:42 AM
I have the 3.4" pulley on it. I use an auto tensioner with a larger pulley on the tensioner to keep tension. The aftercooler and ASP header I'm sure reduces my psi output. I have a T1 intake temp sensor in runner #1 of the supercharger and highest temp I see during a 3rd gear pull is 115F.

The reason for the snout snapping it looks like it was built shitty the metal was brittle and they had machined a step in the shaft and it snapped there Scuffers looks way better.

I know alot of the clubrsx guys are 13-15 psi on k24 crank and 3.0 pulley but I think that is asking for trouble on the a3.

Congrats on getting the car rolling man! Sucks about the snout snapping! Your just aftercooled with no meth right?

I will be running a 3.0 pulley on my K24 setup (with the skeletor cp).

Canuck Civic
05-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Congrats on getting the car rolling man! Sucks about the snout snapping! Your just aftercooled with no meth right?

I will be running a 3.0 pulley on my K24 setup (with the skeletor cp).

Yes aftercooled the track I go to is anal about meth/water and I would need to build a barrier between the hatch and interior so no go on that. I would suggest getting the t1 temp sensor to install in the manifold so you can see what temps the engine is seeing the aftercooler cuts temps in about half.

neoamd
05-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Yes aftercooled the track I go to is anal about meth/water and I would need to build a barrier between the hatch and interior so no go on that. I would suggest getting the t1 temp sensor to install in the manifold so you can see what temps the engine is seeing the aftercooler cuts temps in about half.

I will be doing that. I'm also going to sell my AIS Meth Kit and go aftercooler as well. I love meth and all but the aftercooler gives awesome gains and I dont have to keep refilling it or worrying about running out.

I just bought the Skeletor CP for my build. As soon as my EP3 blower gets back it will go up for sale. I'm sure someone will want a freshly rebuilt JRSC!!

Seems like you and I will be running about the same setup minus motor differences. I'd really like to go M90 but I'm not sure how viable of an option it is since I know I can get the RSX JRSC to fit without much trouble esp if I use the 3.0 pulley. If the M90 is a feasible option I'll keep the meth kit so I can use it with it.

The charger I run will be tapped to have the T1 IAT sensor which will run to the Kpro while the other will be tossed out. Where in the manifold did you place the sensor? Also I wonder what can be done to keep an eye on cylinder #1 as its the one usually missing out without having to run an EGT sensor in each runner on the header :mcry:

Canuck Civic
05-15-2011, 12:03 PM
I will be doing that. I'm also going to sell my AIS Meth Kit and go aftercooler as well. I love meth and all but the aftercooler gives awesome gains and I dont have to keep refilling it or worrying about running out.

I just bought the Skeletor CP for my build. As soon as my EP3 blower gets back it will go up for sale. I'm sure someone will want a freshly rebuilt JRSC!!

Seems like you and I will be running about the same setup minus motor differences. I'd really like to go M90 but I'm not sure how viable of an option it is since I know I can get the RSX JRSC to fit without much trouble esp if I use the 3.0 pulley. If the M90 is a feasible option I'll keep the meth kit so I can use it with it.

The charger I run will be tapped to have the T1 IAT sensor which will run to the Kpro while the other will be tossed out. Where in the manifold did you place the sensor? Also I wonder what can be done to keep an eye on cylinder #1 as its the one usually missing out without having to run an EGT sensor in each runner on the header :mcry:

I'll get a picture of the sensor later today. Yeah I was reading about melting cylinder #1 when running meth which is another plus with the aftercooler, I'm sure it is a tad hotter but not melting piston territory.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5269/5725245698_6c1582417e_z.jpg

04EP3Hatch
05-15-2011, 10:22 PM
in for a speedo vid :)

neoamd
05-15-2011, 11:30 PM
in for a speedo vid :)

word

neoamd
05-15-2011, 11:31 PM
I'll get a picture of the sensor later today. Yeah I was reading about melting cylinder #1 when running meth which is another plus with the aftercooler, I'm sure it is a tad hotter but not melting piston territory.

[IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5269/5725245698_6c1582417e_z.jpg[IMG]

Nice man! Love your setup. Get that thing dynoed and tuned so you can post some vids! What will you do when/if the A3 lets go?

Ba82Ep3
05-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Neo what part of Bama you in...and are you still sellin that charger? Im in Mobile...

neoamd
05-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Neo what part of Bama you in...and are you still sellin that charger? Im in Mobile...

I'm in Montgomery. Yes I am, its off getting rebuilt right now (nothing was wrong with it but it had 70K on it). This was whoever gets it can rest assured it'll be good for another 100k.

It comes complete with a 3.8 pulley and the RC 440cc Injectors.

PM me if you interested in more info/picking it up. Selling local would be nice!

neoamd
05-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Canuck, I've joined "Club Aftercooled"

Now just for my car to run:bravo:

Ba82Ep3
05-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Sorry I just saw your reply... pm'd!

neoamd
05-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Sorry I just saw your reply... pm'd!

Same to you!

MugenReplica
05-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Glad to see it all in and running! How'd all the tuning work out for you?

3.0" bp with RSX JRSC is a breeze. You'll have no problems getting it all in, working and fitted. I have a 3.0" atm and a 2.8" sitting in the wings to use with my aftercooler. Now I just have to get to the Honda dealership and get a Skeletor and my return line finished so I can experiment with 15psi aftercooled. Is there any chance you'll jump up the boost Canuck?

Canuck Civic
05-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Is there any chance you'll jump up the boost Canuck?

Car has been good I have thought about upping the boost but worried the engine will for sure pop then.

Just my luck it is pouring rain and I was set to take the trip to the drag strip today so looking like maybe June at the best or late July to get it on the 1/4 mile.

neoamd
06-09-2011, 11:56 PM

3.0" bp with RSX JRSC is a breeze. You'll have no problems getting it all in, working and fitted. I have a 3.0" atm and a 2.8" sitting in the wings to use with my aftercooler. Now I just have to get to the Honda dealership and get a Skeletor and my return line finished so I can experiment with 15psi aftercooled. Is there any chance you'll jump up the boost Canuck?

Do you have any idea what boost level I'll be looking at using the Skeletor CP along with the 3.0 pulley? I'm trying to run ~12psi on my K24/K20 frank setup to start off with.

Should I run a return line? If you check my thread it has my mods listed. I'm planning on just reusing the stock fuel rail along with FIC 650cc Injectors and a Walbro in tank fuel pump. I'm hoping my setup can make over 350whp in the end.

Thanks!

neoamd
06-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Car has been good I have thought about upping the boost but worried the engine will for sure pop then.

Just my luck it is pouring rain and I was set to take the trip to the drag strip today so looking like maybe June at the best or late July to get it on the 1/4 mile.

haha I under stand that. Your car has an LSD right? Get that thing DYNO'D!

Canuck Civic
06-11-2011, 04:19 PM
haha I under stand that. Your car has an LSD right? Get that thing DYNO'D!

No LSD this winter it is coming

Finally had a day off and made my way up to the track. No VHT was applied to the track best ET was 13.404 @103.88 MPH.

First time I have ever been drag racing and second run almost had a perfect light.

My best 60' was 1.892 but only ran a 13.452 then

Car ran good couldn't get much heat in the tires still launched good. Really thinking of putting the k24 crank on before July 8 or try again this time bring ice to cool the charger more.

Canuck Civic
07-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Well I grew a set and put the k24 crank pulley on, have yet to drive the car though kinda nervous.

neoamd
07-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Well I grew a set and put the k24 crank pulley on, have yet to drive the car though kinda nervous.

You know you got em (balls!) =P

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
07-13-2011, 08:53 PM
cant wait to have a setup similar to this

Canuck Civic
07-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Well I'm now at 11psi so I gained 2 psi. Aftercooler seems to be working very well maybe someday I'll order a 3 inch blower pulley.

04EP3Hatch
07-18-2011, 04:26 AM
Well I'm now at 11psi so I gained 2 psi. Aftercooler seems to be working very well maybe someday I'll order a 3 inch blower pulley.

i still have yet to see video's of your setup sir! :)

Canuck Civic
07-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Soon I'll buy a GoPro probably next Friday.

neoamd
07-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Soon I'll buy a GoPro probably next Friday.

Kick ass. I want one of those things now! I need to get my car finished first. Bought a house so things are moving slow right now!!!!!

lemonhead228
07-26-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm got a k24a2 wit all bolt ons. Should i get the k20a2 sc or the a3?

Canuck Civic
07-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Get the k20a2 so you can run an aftercooler, slightly better flowing manifold to.

Canuck Civic
07-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Update took the car out last night for the 2nd time since swapping crank pulleys saw a peak of 12.6 psi near redline. Only one problem aftercooler isn't cooling to what the RSX guys are, they can get temps down to 120 mine stay at 140-155

04EP3Hatch
07-26-2011, 08:49 PM
well what were your temps outside? humid? altittude?

Canuck Civic
07-26-2011, 09:03 PM
temps were 77F barely any humidity. Tomorrow I'll take the bumper off and check things out.Might have air bubble in the lines from when I switched to distilled water and water wetter.

Ba82Ep3
07-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Were the IAT wires modified? A cold solder or poor crimp could increase resistance and change your temp reading...

04EP3Hatch
07-26-2011, 09:17 PM
temps were 77F barely any humidity. Tomorrow I'll take the bumper off and check things out.Might have air bubble in the lines from when I switched to distilled water and water wetter.

Were the IAT wires modified? A cold solder or poor crimp could increase resistance and change your temp reading...

both solid possibilities. what iat sensor are you running

Canuck Civic
07-27-2011, 04:15 PM
both solid possibilities. what iat sensor are you running

I am running a T1 IAT sensor in runner #1 don't think it is a wiring issue when I go WOT the temps slightly increase but after closing throttle in a few short seconds it drops down 20 degrees again. I'll look at it tonight I think the issue is air bubbles.

Kinda of hard to compare IAT some have sensor in bottom of core, some precharger some using GM sensor to many variables but one guy has the same setup almost and he's is getting better results. Still 140f I ain't complaining since temps at 11psi people say would be in the 200+F

WPB EP3
07-27-2011, 04:53 PM
nice little build ;)

Canuck Civic
07-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Ya it was just air bubbles because I bled the system again and took it out on an even hotter day and ran wot through gears 2,3,4 and never got above 145F and quickly dropped back down to 110-120F.

Ba82Ep3
07-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Hm... good info. Somethin to be sure to look for! Hows the car feel now? Night and day difference... or are you still a little easy on it because you have no LSD?

Canuck Civic
07-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Hm... good info. Somethin to be sure to look for! Hows the car feel now? Night and day difference... or are you still a little easy on it because you have no LSD?

I still get on it but ya sometimes it gets to be a handful this winter a LSD is coming and 3inch exhaust. If weather holds out going to the track again Aug.13

Canuck Civic
08-13-2011, 09:25 PM
So for the 3 inch exhaust I decided on K-teller so I have a DC5 ASP header I'm guessing I should buy the RSX-S piping not the ep3 piping?

AUTiger
08-13-2011, 10:33 PM
it won't really matter, it will have to be cut and welded to add a resonator and muffler anyways.

Canuck Civic
09-18-2011, 09:11 PM
New personal best 1/4 mile time of 13.3

BlownSi05
09-22-2011, 05:12 AM
Nice build man don't know how I had overlooked this! I guess I am too late to warn you about the CC Stage 4...lol. I had it on my EP and at least for me, it was a horrible choice. A stage 3 or even down to a stage 2 can handle the torque output and is much more drivable.

neoamd
09-22-2011, 10:25 AM
New personal best 1/4 mile time of 13.3

Very nice! Are you running the standard 6 row core in your aftercooling setup? I've spoke with Jose and I'm sending him my 6 row core with plate to have him up it to a 10 row core that way i can run worry free @ 15psi without running the meth all the time. I'm really just using the meth for the drag strip and street runs otherwise it'll be off.

Also I have 35 and 50 size jets for my dry N20 system I may install depending on how the car performs. Hurry up and upgrade your engine setup!! I have a super clean K24A1 head Complete with 24k original miles on it I'd be willing to let go of which would net you more power with your setup!

God I'm jealous of you! I want my car to run soooo baaaaaaaddddd!!!!!!!!!

neoamd
09-22-2011, 10:29 AM
So for the 3 inch exhaust I decided on K-teller so I have a DC5 ASP header I'm guessing I should buy the RSX-S piping not the ep3 piping?

How much larger is this new header vs the KR/CRSX one? I'm considering having Hytech build me a custom one for my setup before I up the boost to 15psi. Also I would have my 3 inch exhaust totaly redone with all V Band clamps and better routing of the piping.

Once I finish my car it better make 370whp @ 15psi on meth (330whp @ 12psi) or I WILL drive it off a cliff! I'm thinking that with a 35 shot on top of everything I should be able to break 400whp and 300wtq which would allow me to have some fun runs with a few nice cars around here. I already have an automatic bottle heater too =D

Canuck Civic
09-22-2011, 04:37 PM
The primaries I measured on the ASP are 1 7/8" I believe. I'll be working on the exhaust this weekend I'm using kteller piping and Burns stainless muffler. Muffler weighs less than 3lbs.

The aftercooler core is one of the first ones ever and so far it has been good. Car has high 12's in it just 3rd gear is so hard to hit perfectly, that most times I have a little trouble getting it in, so I lose a little time.

neoamd
09-22-2011, 09:50 PM
The primaries I measured on the ASP are 1 7/8" I believe. I'll be working on the exhaust this weekend I'm using kteller piping and Burns stainless muffler. Muffler weighs less than 3lbs.

The aftercooler core is one of the first ones ever and so far it has been good. Car has high 12's in it just 3rd gear is so hard to hit perfectly, that most times I have a little trouble getting it in, so I lose a little time.

Very nice. I may go with the ASP header. I'm going to call both ASP and Hytech and see who can make a header that matches my setup.

Cool man. Do you have a Buddy Club SS? Hybrid-Racing Shifter Cable Bushings? H-R Shifter Base Bushings? MTEC Inc Shift Springs? Also another thing you can do is get the 1st-5th fully carbon lined syncros by Syncrotech (clubrsx.com has em). I have all the above because my old shifter setup wasn't tight with positive engagements and now with all the parts I listed + a few more my trans should be butter smooth with no trouble shifting 1-5th @ redline (~7800rpm for my K24).

Also what clutch are you running? I have a CC Stage 4 but I think I'm going to buy a Stage 2 or 3 to replace it for smoother engagement etc. What's your trap speed in the 1/4?

Canuck Civic
06-02-2012, 11:06 AM
I went to the track last night was able to get 2 runs with a 12.9 ET. Pretty happy with the supercharger and the a3

PAPITUYO326
06-02-2012, 11:36 AM
fantastic times man! What were your wheels/tires?

MugenReplica
06-02-2012, 12:45 PM
WOW, nice times!!! Got vids or scans of the slips? What was your ET? With slicks, radials, street tires?

Canuck Civic
06-02-2012, 04:05 PM
WOW, nice times!!! Got vids or scans of the slips? What was your ET? With slicks, radials, street tires?

I'm using slicks. M & H

Here is one slip the first 12.9 ET
Car # 751
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7215/7323411380_21f239e00d_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56410331@N07/7323411380/)

dkid15
07-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Very impressive man!!! Congrats.

neoamd
07-02-2012, 12:08 AM
When are you going to add methanol injection?

If I stick with the M62 I'll be starting out at 15psi, haha.

Canuck Civic
08-13-2012, 05:51 PM
When are you going to add methanol injection?

If I stick with the M62 I'll be starting out at 15psi, haha.

Probably never, track is to strict to much work to install it to NHRA rules. I still have a 3" pulley to put on it.

sleepy ep3
08-14-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm using slicks. M & H
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7215/7323411380_21f239e00d_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56410331@N07/7323411380/)
All hook, no MPH Bwahahah

:mbiggrin: JK

sir_2002
09-21-2012, 07:27 AM
hey canuck

I'd like to know what mod did you do with your ac hoses...

The bottom one (picture below) is touching the fan shroud and i can't install it
http://imageshack.us/a/img4/927/dsc001450.jpg

Also having trouble with the top hose

rhdsirek4
09-23-2012, 08:21 PM
nice!

sir_2002
09-26-2012, 11:17 AM
hey canuck

I'd like to know what mod did you do with your ac hoses...

The bottom one (picture below) is touching the fan shroud and i can't install it
http://imageshack.us/a/img4/927/dsc001450.jpg

Also having trouble with the top hose
Never mind i finaly founded how..

Some elbow grease and the a/c line where bend haha :mwink:

Had to make 2 bracket for the bottom one

Canuck Civic
04-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Sorry haven't looked at this in a long time.

Ya I bent the line, I then changed over and did custom A/C lines so they are tucked out of the way. Kinda pricey but can keep A/C and not cross over the snout.

I bought a low mileage k24a2 so that will go in next winter.

Swapped to a 3" pulley and a different aftercooler core, see how much farther the a3 will go.

sir_2002
04-12-2013, 09:41 AM
No problen anyway i endup bending it more and made custom relocation bracket for the bottom line now everything is good to go

What core are you running now ? Merc racing i assumed ?

Canuck Civic
04-12-2013, 04:08 PM
No problen anyway i endup bending it more and made custom relocation bracket for the bottom line now everything is good to go

What core are you running now ? Merc racing i assumed ?

I'm running one of his very first cores. I upgraded to his newest one now just waiting on it to be shipped. Might place a preorder in for his new air to air manifold

Canuck Civic
01-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Seems my last post was deleted. Fastest time I ran with the a3 was 12.7 @107mph that was in Sept of last year. This year I'm going to use a k24a2, but all in all I was happy with the a3 and supercharged vtec killers.